Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best AP Mid

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX April 21, 2012 10:52pm
135 posts - page 7 of 14
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 1:51pm | Report
albableat wrote:

Im interested where you get that from??? Talon can stack MR without problem just like Kass can stack armor.

Kind of ******ed to say that Talon can't stack MR. Surely it will lower his damage, but just like stacking armor will lower Kass's damage...

Merc Treads, natural MR/level and correct runeset result in ~100 MR which is absolutely enough to counter Kassadin's damage.

Talon has really bad base damage compared to Kassadin.

Talon has to build damage in order to get damage, Kassadin can just build a Frozen Heart and still combo you if you don't build a Maw.

Also, talon has serious mana problems in mid, and can't reliably build mana items.

Kassadin loses the lane usually, but its not a 100% stomp.
Tri lane for life.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 1:53pm | Report
ahem, idk much about kass vs talon but...

> talon has mana problems

> is talking about kassadin vs talon

lolol :P

Majamorra
<Member>
Majamorra's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 1:54pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Morgana, Cassiopeia, Ryze, and Kennen are probably the best right now, although Ryze isn't AP.

Yes, my new project start it. Feel free to PM me and give me suggestions to be the best blog on MOBAfire!

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 2:31pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

trying to counterargue fizz as labeling him "risky pick" and then listing malz made me lol. also talon/gp/panth all fall into the ad/bruiser category and yes they all get the job done pretty easily.

if you are last hitting well and push the creeps to tower you will out farm him. period. you also take map control and deny him roaming, which is a pretty big thing for kass. last hitting at tower is harder than last hitting in lane, period. it is VERY hard to farm all 6 creeps at tower, even with nether blade.

if you hit W on galio and buy MR he wont be able to touch you. the point is not to harass him the point is to keep him at tower.

like i said for kennen you go ballz deep aggro. you have to play risky and play very well for the matchup to work but i have stomped quite a few kassadins with kennen in my elo (tho hes also my 2nd most played).

and yea, the aps you listed are all pretty good, but that is pretty much the point. there are a lot of champs that can beat kassadin and this is why he is never banned or picked in my elo

My point was that Fizz could lose the lane against Kassadin about as easily as Kassadin can lose to him. If Kassadin reaches level six without too much trouble you will experience problems against him. Also, as I said, you need to be good with Playful / Trickster in order to beat Kassa.

I can imagine that Kennen works but I think it was more your skill with him than it was the matchup. I think that Kassadin should win it without too much trouble.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 3:15pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Does talon have mana problems that he has to fix before he can build defense or damage vs kassadin?

Yes.

Does Talon have high base damage?

No.

Can Talon MR stack vs Kassadin?

No.

Can Kassadin Armor stack vs Talon?

Yes.

Kassadin can prepare himself for a lane against Talon.

Talon can not prepare himself for a lane against Kassadin.

I'd say that Kass has the upper hand here.

Their skillsets kind of fight each other, so talon has an advantage, but Kassadin doesn't get stomped by talon.

Does talon have mana problems that he has to fix before he can build defense or damage vs kassadin?

9 pts in utility tree and this is solved.

No?

Hexdrinker? Merc?

How? rush Zohnya? zzz

They can both prepare for the lane wtf.

No.

Their skillsets kind of fight each other, so talon has an advantage, but Kassadin doesn't get stomped by talon.

If equal skill level my money is always gna be on the Talon.

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 3:34pm | Report
Babit wrote:

9 pts in utility tree and this is solved.

No?

Hexdrinker? Merc?

How? rush Zohnya? zzz

They can both prepare for the lane wtf.

No.

If equal skill level my money is always gna be on the Talon.

QFT
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 4:13pm | Report
In the lane of Kassadin vs Talon, Kassadin doesn't have mana problems where as Talon does.

Talons sole advantage is Rake.

Rake is why he wins the lane, NOT his silence, NOT that he is AD, NOT because Kassadin can't handle Talon's amazing burst damage.

It's because Talon can outpush Kassadin.

If you get a jungler involved, Kassadin is much more dangerous than Talon, and can escape more easily.

All Kassadin has to do to beat a Talon overall is go Glacial Shroud > Giants Belt.

Kassadin scales very good with being tanky because of his ultimate, so he is a natural counter to burst casters, including Talon.

If the Kassadin makes it out of laning phase, the talon will have problems.
Tri lane for life.
Djlynx
<Member>
Djlynx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 4:15pm | Report
Xerath hands down. His range, crowd control and burst make him an excellent choice. His price sure is high though. (Don't forget his awsome dance moves and design)
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 4:57pm | Report
Should I mention that I never max Rake first on Talon?
You know why? Rake is exactly why all the Talons are having problems. While trying to push out the lane, deny the cs to opponents and keep harassing, they forget that it has a high mana cost (hence the mana problems you are talking about) and the overpushed lane (hence getting ganked).

Maxing Rake on Talon is equivalent to maxing Distortion on LeBlanc. Would you ever do it? Hell no.

If you level out Q, followed by either W/E (doesn't matter later), you are keeping the minion wave around your side, keep your mana high (combined mana cost for Noxian Diplomacy+ cutthroat approximately equals that of Rake) since cutthroat has quite a lengthy cooldown, you regenerate your mana and just keep E-Q E-Q E-Q at your side your side of the lane.
And you know what... Kass can't do **** about that kind of harassment. It deals more damage then Rake would deal, it is guaranteed whereas Rake is a skillshot and can be missed, it doesn't automatically push the lane, keeping you safe of ganks.

Imo, you misunderstand Talon. He should be played exactly like Kassadin/ LeBlanc are played. Single target burst damage poke while the target is unable to retaliate. When you can go for a kill, you do it, adding in your ult/ignite.

Playing Talon as a pushing type middle lane leaves him open for easy ganks and since all of his escapes are his offence as well, he may get caught very easily.

Any thoughts about this approach?
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 5:23pm | Report
albableat wrote:

Should I mention that I never max Rake first on Talon?
You know why? Rake is exactly why all the Talons are having problems. While trying to push out the lane, deny the cs to opponents and keep harassing, they forget that it has a high mana cost (hence the mana problems you are talking about) and the overpushed lane (hence getting ganked).

Maxing Rake on Talon is equivalent to maxing Distortion on LeBlanc. Would you ever do it? Hell no.

If you level out Q, followed by either W/E (doesn't matter later), you are keeping the minion wave around your side, keep your mana high (combined mana cost for Noxian Diplomacy+ cutthroat approximately equals that of Rake) since cutthroat has quite a lengthy cooldown, you regenerate your mana and just keep E-Q E-Q E-Q at your side your side of the lane.
And you know what... Kass can't do **** about that kind of harassment. It deals more damage then Rake would deal, it is guaranteed whereas Rake is a skillshot and can be missed, it doesn't automatically push the lane, keeping you safe of ganks.

Imo, you misunderstand Talon. He should be played exactly like Kassadin/ LeBlanc are played. Single target burst damage poke while the target is unable to retaliate. When you can go for a kill, you do it, adding in your ult/ignite.

Playing Talon as a pushing type middle lane leaves him open for easy ganks and since all of his escapes are his offence as well, he may get caught very easily.

Any thoughts about this approach?

If you don't push the lane, Kassadin automatically wins, because he scales much better into late game.

You have to have kill potential on him before level 6 or he wins the lane automatically because of how strong his R is.
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide