Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best AP Mid

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX April 21, 2012 10:52pm
135 posts - page 8 of 14
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 5:37pm | Report
Djlynx wrote:

Xerath hands down. His range, crowd control and burst make him an excellent choice. His price sure is high though. (Don't forget his awsome dance moves and design)

I'm an avid Xerath player; in fact I main Xerath. Xerath gets **** on by Kassadin after level six, nothing you can do about it. Silence shuts Xerath down; completely!
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 5:46pm | Report
I don't know how to explain it, then... I've won every single Talon-Kass lane by doing exactly what I described.

You've seen how LeBlanc lanes work, haven't you? LeBlanc never ever pushes the lane, because it's a ******ed choice for her.
Works the same on Talon.

Pushing the lane is not necessarily the only way to deny someone in lane.
Kassadin just can't farm uninterrupted in a Talon lane. Every time he goes for last hit, you Q or E-Q or just auto attack him. And that hurts a lot if Q is maxed out ASAP.
After, if Kassadin decides to stay and fight, you just keep autoattacking as Talon, you win because his auto attacks deal more damage then Kass's and Q has quite a short cooldown, so you can repeat it in next couple of seconds.

The reason why Talon counters Kassadin is not the pushing. Otherwise, any hard pushing champion would deny him just as hard. Yet Kass can **** on Ziggs, Cassio, Brand etc.

Talon does to Kassadin what Kassadin does to others, jumps in his face, silences and deals lots of damage. And this absolutely does not require lane pushing. Moreover, it's safer to do with creeps positioned closer to your side of the lane.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 5:58pm | Report
Leblanc doesn't push the lane because she CAN'T push the lane, just saying.

If she could, rapidly pushing and ganking sidelanes would be a ridiculously strong tactic on her.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 6:11pm | Report
albableat wrote:

I don't know how to explain it, then... I've won every single Talon-Kass lane by doing exactly what I described.

You've seen how LeBlanc lanes work, haven't you? LeBlanc never ever pushes the lane, because it's a ******ed choice for her.
Works the same on Talon.

Pushing the lane is not necessarily the only way to deny someone in lane.
Kassadin just can't farm uninterrupted in a Talon lane. Every time he goes for last hit, you Q or E-Q or just auto attack him. And that hurts a lot if Q is maxed out ASAP.
After, if Kassadin decides to stay and fight, you just keep autoattacking as Talon, you win because his auto attacks deal more damage then Kass's and Q has quite a short cooldown, so you can repeat it in next couple of seconds.

The reason why Talon counters Kassadin is not the pushing. Otherwise, any hard pushing champion would deny him just as hard. Yet Kass can **** on Ziggs, Cassio, Brand etc.

Talon does to Kassadin what Kassadin does to others, jumps in his face, silences and deals lots of damage. And this absolutely does not require lane pushing. Moreover, it's safer to do with creeps positioned closer to your side of the lane.

If I play Kassadin against Talon; I simply max out Nether Blade first and build some armor. If he goes the way you described he is completely screwed.
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 6:18pm | Report
Try leveling out W on LeBlanc once and you will be surprised by how well she can push the lane, just saying.

Same with Kass and his E.

It's a tradeoff between being a powerful anticarry with huge single target damage or being able to push the lane, but having no direct pressure on your opponent.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 6:22pm | Report
@GrandmasterD, how many people do you think would do that? It's a huge sacrifice, if you will look at broader picture.

I mean, I usually play LeBlanc as solo top or at bot if I'm ever up against Talon in mid or I build tankblanc...
All these are ways to outsmart the counter, but it's not a good choice, because besides that Talon, everyone on enemy team benefit because that Kass/LB can't do what they would normally do such as bursting people down.

Isn't it clear? <.<
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 6:54pm | Report
albableat wrote:

Try leveling out W on LeBlanc once and you will be surprised by how well she can push the lane, just saying.

And then you gimp the hell out of your damage, just saying. Additionally her W has like a 20 second cooldown and all smart opponents know this and will use it as the time to play aggressively.

By the way I'm not actually sure what this argument's about, I just stumbled in and saw the bit about Leblanc. :P
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 7:08pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
And then you gimp the hell out of your damage, just saying.

>_< That's exactly what I'm trying to imply :D It's a tradeoff between high damage and lane pushing capability.

If Kass/LB/Talon would be able to push lanes just as hard as other mids and still do the same damage and have the same mobility, they would be considered top picks for mid lane, im over 9000% sure.

Btw, if you level out Distortion it reduces to around 10 sec which is ok ;)
I've played several games specifically dedicated to testing that out.
Maxing W-E-Q, pushing up the lane, ganking bot. Gotta say feels a lot like Morgana :D As long as you land a nice double chain, your enemies are dead.

Burst drops down dramatically, however. You are correct on that part.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 7:48pm | Report
Deathfire Grasp + LeBlanc doesn't care what you level first. :P

Aside from that statement, I have nothing further to add. You already have it figured out. :)
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 8:00pm | Report

I'm an avid Xerath player; in fact I main Xerath. Xerath gets **** on by Kassadin after level six, nothing you can do about it. Silence shuts Xerath down; completely!

How?

Kassadin's R+Q is shorter range than Xerath's Q with W...
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide