Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best AP Mid

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX April 21, 2012 10:52pm
135 posts - page 11 of 14
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 11:21am | Report
I always max q before w, unless I am being hardpressed in lane and need to farm with skills instead of aa's. But with qe combo I can do quite a bit of damage if they get close so they probably will let me farm a bit after I put the fear or Talon int hem xD
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 12:09pm | Report
RCIX wrote:

Just a note on the Viktor matchup: it's true, but you must keep up the pressure on vlad for this to be the case. It might seem obvious, but don't ever let him use his sustain to recover the damage you deal. You win partially thanks to A: outdamaging him with Q+E (btw max Q here, you're gonna be in his face anyway, might as well max the skill that scales more effectively for trades) and B: getting a shield that usually absorbs at least the damage from Tides of Blood.

I've played the matchup today, twice. I know how to play :P Sidenote: I max Power Transfer 95% of all matchups.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Ffs, I already said that. Even if the champion has low counters, doesn't mean the champion that got countered will lose the lane. They just have a slight disadvantage! THERE IS NO BEST AP MID!

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 3:45pm | Report
So I had a discussion about Kassadin with my friends today.

Turns out he doesn't counter anyone and is hard countered or beaten by almost every AP mid.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 3:53pm | Report
zzz this discussion is going no where.
decoy134
<Member>
decoy134's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 4:01pm | Report
I really want to say Ryze since he can build very tanky in order to gain large amounts of damage, such as Frozen Heart. Not only does that item give cooldown reduction and armor but it also has an aura that affects AD DPS and mana that boosts Ryze's attack power. He's survivable, deals large AoE damage with all his spells, has natural spell vamp from his ultimate, a point and click snare, natural cooldown reduction, etc. Compared to other casters, he adds a lot of damage to a team while still having the survivability needed to keep adding damage.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 4:05pm | Report
But his early game sucks balls.

cassiopiea or some other low-level-but-high-damage caster would destroy him, then proceed to shut him down for the rest of the game.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 4:07pm | Report

Very true; I can safely call Viktor my #02 mage and I find him one of the strongest ap mids available. He can win many matchups and his laning phase is extraordinary strong. He only loses to Kassadin and LeBlanc but that will be it.

Viktor has amazing dps, burst and poke. Also, he can reach the highest amount of ap possible (we aren't counting full- Archangel Staff builds here) next to Veigar. Additionally, the damage of Chaos Storm is so disgusting that you feel like taking a shower after every time you've used it.

He should **** all over kassadin though...
Tri lane for life.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 4:32pm | Report
If Viktor takes Cleanse, then he can stand up to Kassadin very easily. Power Transfer's poke damage will make Kassadin cry. Even at level 6, once Kassadin ults you, you just set up Gravity Field at your foot and he will be done for.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 5:00pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

But his early game sucks balls.

cassiopiea or some other low-level-but-high-damage caster would destroy him, then proceed to shut him down for the rest of the game.

Ryze's early isn't actually that bad. Once he gets Tear he can actually start to harass pretty well in some matchups and snare is almost a guaranteed kill on ganks. Once he gets Banshee's components there's not a lot you can do to him.

Cass is extremely hard for him though.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide