Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best AP Mid

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX April 21, 2012 10:52pm
135 posts - page 3 of 14
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 9:25am | Report
@cooper Augment: Death is 99 AP for 1000 gold, AND it gives a 30% boost to Death Ray's damage.

Needlessly Large Rod is 80 AP for 1600 gold, which is 24 extra damage.

Just getting the Augment is more cost efficient lets you do more damage than Needlessly Large Rod, for about half the price.

Es OP.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 9:36am | Report
Best AP mid is not a champion D:

It's a player that plays the champ.

Keep thinking of it everytime when I hear **** like "Kat is useless, loses lane to everyone, can't even kill most champs in lane" and then I head over to TiensiNoAkuma's stream and see him completely stomping Kassadins, Morganas and all sort of **** that counters Kat.

As long as you play a champion really well, it's the best AP mid ;)
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Bunny398
<Member>
Bunny398's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 10:42am | Report
This is an interesting topic. I often play mid and prefer either Karthus for great aoe damage, utility with his slow gate, and amazing global ult; or (and im surprised no ones mentioned him) Ziggs, I find ziggs to be viable against any opponent in mid with his amazing range, aoe dmg, damaging slow, knockup jump bomb, and another amazing ult.

However I do find Karthus to be less dominant against his mid opponent but his late game benefits far outweigh a little slow start. Also he can be countered hard with champs like Kass, Fizz, and a good LB.

Oh.. I forgot Morgana too, amazing aoe damage with ult and W, great sustain, spell shield, and 2 stuns.

As far as viktor is concerned, im by no means a master of him but I have taken him out for a spin. I find his skills to be lacking compared to other mids. His E (death ray) is especially hard to aim as when he moves the area he can cast the spell will change but moving the direction of the ray is a pain as it often falls behind you while moving. His Q nuke is weak when compared to even ryze's basic Q. I find him to be a lower tier champ and if takes a few threads of discussion to argue over his effectiveness then I argue that this is further proof of his flaws.
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 10:48am | Report
There really isn't a #1 Champ in any role, everything gets countered. But some tops picks are as follows: Morgana, Ryze, Cassiopia, Kennen, Galio, Kassadin (though he is perma-banned) and there are more. But ever1 of them gets countered.
Thanks to [/url]Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 11:22am | Report
Vitigam wrote:
Kassadin (though he is perma-banned)

wat

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 11:41am | Report

cooper, Viktor can be amazing in the right hands. Augment: Death gives +99 AP at level 18, making it the 3rd most AP item alone followed by Zhonya's Hourglass and Rabadon's Deathcap. Sure, his kit takes time to master, but he's really powerful and should not be underestimated.

^this.

though there are a couple issues with him played well he's a monster
Thanks goes to JEFFY40HANDS for a gorgeous Karma sig
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 12:12pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

wat

What "wat"?
lol
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 12:35pm | Report
Vitigam wrote:

What "wat"?
lol

Kass is an easily countered pick.
I ban him because I know other people can't handle him usually.
True love is found only in yourself.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 12:39pm | Report
albableat wrote:

Keep thinking of it everytime when I hear **** like "Kat is useless, loses lane to everyone, can't even kill most champs in lane" and then I head over to TiensiNoAkuma's stream and see him completely stomping Kassadins, Morganas and all sort of **** that counters Kat.

As long as you play a champion really well, it's the best AP mid ;)

Fist. You don't know Scaara don't you? He is the best Kata player out there of that I am sure. You should watch him playe her. He goes in gets a Trippel kill and is like "Meh...it was ok"

Second. It does depend on the champ. If you get on a similar skill lvl , which the elo system shoud garant to a certain degree, a cham pick can change the flow of a lane quite a bit. If you try to lane Fizz vs Cassio will get hurt ...pretty bad.
D3m3nt3dHatch3t
<Member>
D3m3nt3dHatch3t's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 12:39pm | Report
I think Leblanc is awesome mid. I use here and when I get my ult. You can start completely destroying the other mid. Most of the time I can pretty much kill the instantly or force them to B. By the time they come back I have gained more money and exp and I can force them to B right away.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide