Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best AP Mid

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX April 21, 2012 10:52pm
135 posts - page 9 of 14
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 8:28pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

How?

Kassadin's R+Q is shorter range than Xerath's Q with W...

Kassa Q range = 650
Kassa R range = 700
==================== +
Total Range = 1350

Xerath Q Range = 900
Xerath W Incr. = 400
==================== +
Total Range = 1300

I don't see it :P. Also, Kassadin can also use his Force Pulse and as Xerath you might be able to pull off one Arcanopulse which is no were near Kassa's damage. Also, Kassadin does not die to Xerath's burst due to Void Stone and the fact that Kassa just builds Rod of Ages. Additionally, Null Sphere's silence just shuts Xerath down completely.

Locus Of Power cool down is higher than the cool down of Kassa's entire burst. I've played the matchup; it is unbearable.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 8:29pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

How?

Kassadin's R+Q is shorter range than Xerath's Q with W...

Free flash to dodge the ult, free flash to jump in and silence the rooted Xerath.

Xer loses pretty bad IMO.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 8:31pm | Report
albableat wrote:

@GrandmasterD, how many people do you think would do that? It's a huge sacrifice, if you will look at broader picture.

I mean, I usually play LeBlanc as solo top or at bot if I'm ever up against Talon in mid or I build tankblanc...
All these are ways to outsmart the counter, but it's not a good choice, because besides that Talon, everyone on enemy team benefit because that Kass/LB can't do what they would normally do such as bursting people down.

Isn't it clear? <.<

Yeah you do got a point right there; more people will do it once I release my guide :P. Nah the point of maxing out Rake is because you can deny kassa hard if you have range. If you have to walk towards him pretty much 80% of the time to deal damage, he is not gonna feel the denial that hard. Especially, if you play the matchups the way I do.
Sept
<Member>
Sept's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 9:50pm | Report
a master swain can destroy anyone at mid in secs, period-
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 10:01pm | Report
I'm confused why there's so much discussion about Kassadin in a "best AP mid" thread. He's not terrible but he gets smashed by A LOT of champions. I never see him in ranked, "high elo" streams, hell even on that guy's "500 elo stream".

CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 10:04pm | Report
Sept wrote:

a master swain can destroy anyone at mid in secs, period-

Make exceptions to Galio, Fizz and a few others

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 10:07pm | Report

Make exceptions to Galio, Fizz and a few others

Agreed. His counters are far and few but, he's certainly got them.
True love is found only in yourself.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 10:13pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

I'm confused why there's so much discussion about Kassadin in a "best AP mid" thread. He's not terrible but he gets smashed by A LOT of champions. I never see him in ranked, "high elo" streams, hell even on that guy's "500 elo stream".

I've never seen a reason why Kassadin was always banned. He is clearly not the best AP mid. In fact, he's only in par with other champions at level 6. All that makes him strong is his ability to burst and gank all lanes at once. sight wards are enough to stop that. Being a strong anti-caster however, he lacks something that makes value; a stun. I managed to randomly play against a Kassadin as Brand in a ranked game. Best way to shut him down was taking Cleanse. The silence was deadly but I was able to Cleanse out of it and kill him with my full combo.

As for Xerath, Kassadin is a known counter to him. Look at my current guides and how they revolve. Xerath counters Swain, while Swain deals with Kassadin easily as much as Kassadin deals with Xerath easier then most. However, no amount of pure advantage comes from the champion themselves. It comes from the person playing the champion. It matters not whether you get counter-picked (it obviously puts you at a disadvantage though) or not, if you can play sensibly and "better" than your lane opponent, you will be better regardless of items. Items are boosts. They help make your champion stronger (making you and your gameplay a lot stronger as well). However, with a supreme skill level, I'd say even if you played Ahri with an Archangel's Staff versus an Anivia who builds standard Rod of Ages, skill will win. Items give advantage if bought right, but playing tactically and strategically is the way to win. (In other words, I could run a semi-legit build against a complete perfect build and still win due to overwhelming skill level and use of the champion even with items that may be 4 Archangel's Staff and a Rabadon's Deathcap VS Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass, Rabadon's Deathcap, Deathfire Grasp and whatever).

For the answer of the best AP mid, there is none. There will never be a champion that is impossible to counter. With any luck, the player knows what they're doing, then that player will win the lane. This is my response.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 10:17pm | Report

I've never seen a reason why Kassadin was always banned. He is clearly not the best AP mid. In fact, he's only in par with other champions at level 6. All that makes him strong is his ability to burst and gank all lanes at once. sight wards are enough to stop that. Being a strong anti-caster however, he lacks something that makes value; a stun. I managed to randomly play against a Kassadin as Brand in a ranked game. Best way to shut him down was taking Cleanse. The silence was deadly but I was able to Cleanse out of it and kill him with my full combo.

I like you. no ****.

albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 4:04am | Report

Yeah you do got a point right there; more people will do it once I release my guide :P. Nah the point of maxing out Rake is because you can deny kassa hard if you have range. If you have to walk towards him pretty much 80% of the time to deal damage, he is not gonna feel the denial that hard. Especially, if you play the matchups the way I do.

Ummm, yes, theoretically, it's true. But Rake is one of the easiest skillshots to dodge, honestly. The range is not that that large and it's quite predictable.
+ as I said, W is what makes for all those mana/getting ganked problems.

Maybe it's more of my playstyle, but I prefer lane freezing over aggressive pushing while I'm in the lead.
Both are methods of denial, one is for getting gank opportunities yourself, another one is for winning the lane completely, but leaves your opponent with an option to go out and try to gank.

Kass, surely is a good ganker, but I'll quote Caster for the truth,

All that makes him strong is his ability to burst and gank all lanes at once. Sight Wards are enough to stop that.

So as long as other lanes do not have brain issues and ward the map, you're safe to freeze the lane even against Kass.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide