Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

CD Reduction Mord? Viable tanky build through...

Creator: The Overmyynd March 20, 2012 8:54am
1 2 3
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 8:54am | Report
Looking at the mechanics of Iron man passive, at level 18 the max shield that can be achieved is a little over 600, with more shield gained when abilities are used. That being said, wouldn't CD reduction Mord with AP out the *** (in addition to Frozen Heart) be a viable tanky build? Its simply my thought that a Mordekaiser throwing abilities out every other second would keep his shield full against enemy opponents. Is this or is this not a viable build strategy,why or why not, and if so, why have I not seen a anyone promote it?
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 9:02am | Report
Also note that Ryalis and WotA are given first 2 items.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 9:15am | Report
IMO, this isn't really any different from a traditional AP carry except you wanna build a frozen Heart.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 9:31am | Report
I used to play mordekaiser with:

Then I realized that full CDR could be acquired by going full AP, and just getting blue+blue pot.

So, i started dropping the frozen heart and getting a Rylai's instead, and going sorc shoes/void staff instead of mercery's/abyssal.

Mordekaiser is very situational though.
Tri lane for life.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:07pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

I used to play mordekaiser with:

Then I realized that full CDR could be acquired by going full AP, and just getting blue+blue pot.

So, i started dropping the frozen heart and getting a Rylai's instead, and going sorc shoes/void staff instead of mercery's/abyssal.

Mordekaiser is very situational though.

Ok, that makes sense. Sure, stacking AP like a mo'fo is a GREAT way to crank your shield up fast, but what ive disovered while playing/playing against mord is that in the first few seconds of a fight, his health doesnt move an inch (due to the shield) but once u get past his first salvo of attacks, his health will start to drop fairly quickly. And it continues to drop fairly quickly until his abilities CD and he can throw another salvo at you, thus starting another few seconds of health-isnt-moving-DAMMIT. I was just thinking that, since the ability has a cap on how big the shield is, simply attempting to blow your opponent to smithereens will only give u so much of a shield, no mattar how much damage you do. My thought was, do more consistant, faster cycling spell damage, instead of BOOM........BOOM........BOOM to help keep the shield from ever emptying out. You get what im saying? Or am i focusing too much on the fact that the shied has a cap?
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:14pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

IMO, this isn't really any different from a traditional AP carry except you wanna build a frozen Heart.

I've seen lots of AP builds that don't use CD reduction at all, generally focusing around Rabadon's Deathcap. What im suggesting is getting every item that either gives more resistances or cranks AP AND CD reduction, namely Deathfire Grasp (which would also work well with his ult), Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage. yes a few of those give mana regen, but i think that the CD reduction might be worth having the useless stat. Combining that with Hextech Gunblade and ryali's crystal scepter, i hypothisize, might be a good way to go.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:21pm | Report
So for a super tanky Mord i was thinking Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Frozen Heart, Hextech Gunblade, Ryali's Crystal Scepter, and Sorcerer's Shoes, possibly trading out Randuin's Omen for another AP item such as Rabadon's or Lychbane.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:30pm | Report
Yes well with Blue buff and blue pot your CDR should be fine for those AP champions, but CDR is something you want on a caster.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 1:31pm | Report
With that playstyle he's no different from a dps mage.

Blue isn't an option on him with another AP around, but you should go sth like 9/21/0 anyway, leaving you ~12% on lvl18, so grab DFG for a quick kill to support your ulti, but normally I'd get Frozen Heart, you need tankiness.

@Duff
Since CDR = offense = defense on Morde, maybe building in that direction wouldn't really hurt him.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 4:50pm | Report
Wota>dcap/abyssal/sunfire combo in whatever order you need.

Tanky morde with plenty of dmg. Abyssal + Sunfire have great synergy while making you pretty tanky.

Take 9/0/21 masteries for 10% cdr, buy a blue pot later on in the game and your good to go. If you pick up blue buff at the same time you should be max cdr. Too much gold goes to wasted stats for you to achieve max cdr w/o blue buff. I might try adding a DFG to my build like someone said though.All I do is farm for the first 6 lvls anyways.

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide