Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

cool trick with Lee

Creator: Thalia Kael July 12, 2013 3:39pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 8:49am | Report
It's pretty easy to predict where their jungler will start, at least in plat / high gold.

Generally they'll take 2 buffs then gank top, so if they're on the purple side, they'll start blue, do red, then gank top. Whereas if they're on the blue side, they'll start red, do blue, then gank top. The only exceptions are champions who pretty much need to start blue to be able to clear the second buff, such as Fiddle and maybe Rammus too. Also champions who won't gank after taking the 2nd buff, such as Warwick, he'd start blue just to clear faster.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 11:50am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

What if their jungler starts red?

The only people that don't start blue at high silver/low golds are the ones playing champions like Lee Sin that aren't blue dependent. And even then they usually just start blue anyways. Like Vapora said in the middle levels of play it's extremely easy to predict where they are starting, especially with the position of their people or traps. But if you know they are starting red, you can either try to do the trick there or just start your normal jungle path and no harm done. BTW I've only seen this, I've never actually tried this. All of this is theory
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 12:10pm | Report

It's pretty easy to predict where their jungler will start, at least in plat / high gold.

Generally they'll take 2 buffs then gank top, so if they're on the purple side, they'll start blue, do red, then gank top. Whereas if they're on the blue side, they'll start red, do blue, then gank top. The only exceptions are champions who pretty much need to start blue to be able to clear the second buff, such as Fiddle and maybe Rammus too. Also champions who won't gank after taking the 2nd buff, such as Warwick, he'd start blue just to clear faster.

I think you're oversimplifying. In double buff clear with a smiteless leash, it doesn't matter at all what champion you're playing. Lots of people will start near bot lane and move to top, sure, but that doesn't guarantee the enemy jungler is going to start where you expect them to. Some junglers like to gank bot or mid first against some champions. The last thing you want to be as a jungler is predictable.

My point wasn't that the other jungler is likely to start red, it was that this strategy, which is supposed to be executed without any wards and a very late, one-man invade, relies on the assumption that the enemy jungler is where you think they are. If you do this without being sure, at best you'll take their blue without help from your team and have to smite your first buff while at worst you waste your time and leave or get caught at their blue and die.

tl;dr: I don't think this is a good idea unless you have some sort of ward coverage and/or your team to back up your invade.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 3:30pm | Report
The best way to do this is when you're playing Nidalee mid. You make sure your computer isn't ****ing ****, you grab teleport and start with Doran's Ring + 1 sight ward.

Right when the game starts you buy your items then Teleport to your mid tower, run to the enemy blue, go place your ward on top of where the blue spawns, run back as quickly as possible because the enemy team will come to scout soon.

1:55 you start running towards their blue then it has around 400 HP you throw a Q at it, steal it, GG.
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 4:10pm | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

The best way to do this is when you're playing Nidalee mid. You make sure your computer isn't ****ing ****, you grab teleport and start with Doran's Ring + 1 sight ward.

Right when the game starts you buy your items then Teleport to your mid tower, run to the enemy blue, go place your ward on top of where the blue spawns, run back as quickly as possible because the enemy team will come to scout soon.

1:55 you start running towards their blue then it has around 400 HP you throw a Q at it, steal it, GG.

I had a Nid do that to our jungler in a ranked game. Our jungler got so pissed.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 4:33pm | Report
Berzerk wrote:

I had a Nid do that to our jungler in a ranked game. Our jungler got so pissed.

Wait, YOUR Nidalee did that to YOUR Jungler?!?
My AP Xin Zhao guide is on the way!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 4:43pm | Report
i had a nid do that to a j4

to every single buff

all game

easiest game as sejuani ever

it was funny cuz i had that j4 in champion select and he said he wasnt going to give me blue at all cuz j4 is too blue dependent and someone dodged queue
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 7:28pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I think you're oversimplifying. In double buff clear with a smiteless leash, it doesn't matter at all what champion you're playing. Lots of people will start near bot lane and move to top, sure, but that doesn't guarantee the enemy jungler is going to start where you expect them to. Some junglers like to gank bot or mid first against some champions. The last thing you want to be as a jungler is predictable.

My point wasn't that the other jungler is likely to start red, it was that this strategy, which is supposed to be executed without any wards and a very late, one-man invade, relies on the assumption that the enemy jungler is where you think they are. If you do this without being sure, at best you'll take their blue without help from your team and have to smite your first buff while at worst you waste your time and leave or get caught at their blue and die.

tl;dr: I don't think this is a good idea unless you have some sort of ward coverage and/or your team to back up your invade.

I get what you mean. At my current Elo I think pretty much everyone does what I said, but yeah, if they DON'T and you attempt a tactic like this, you're gonna be set behind pretty bad for nothing.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 7:38pm | Report
Let's just stick with cheezy teleport nidalee strats, okay everyone?
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2013 7:40pm | Report
AND THE FIRST BLOOD KHA'ZIX STRATS.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide