Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Curse and Dignitas disqualified from MLG

Creator: Wintermond August 27, 2012 12:49am
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 6:16am | Report
they don't need to be sorry, that aram was awesome :D
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 6:54am | Report
Quoted:

they don't need to be sorry, that aram was awesome :D

But the facts that I am getting leads to something that sounds like this:

"Both teams agreed to split the pot before the match, and this was known by all players involved, which led several of the players to 'Not try at all.' this led to less than stellar gameplay, and made the game not as fun to watch"

So several players weren't playing ot win and it jsut led to games being not as great as they should have been.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:04am | Report
There is a ****load of difference between talking over food about "it would be possible to" or "it would be funny to" and actually doing it.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:13am | Report
It happens quite frequently in sports sadly, we saw it in the Olympics just a month ago with the women's badmitten team. With that said, I think it's very hard to prove that any team INTENTIONALLY threw a game. I'm not saying they did or didn't but if I was MLG I would need to have definitive proof that they purposely lost the game and I don't think they're going to be able to do that unless they have written documentation or a verbal recording of the agreement

Personally I think it's a scumbag move to do something like this, but if teams are figuring out ways to get to the championship alternatively then I think you have to blame the tournament not the teams. The teams are simply trying to win 1st place I don't think they should be faulted for trying to get to the championship round. Fault the set up of the tournament
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:19am | Report
Kazega wrote:

"Both teams agreed to split the pot before the match, and this was known by all players involved, which led several of the players to 'Not try at all.' this led to less than stellar gameplay, and made the game not as fun to watch"

So several players weren't playing ot win and it jsut led to games being not as great as they should have been.

The problem was NOT that they wanted to split the pot. Hell, it's their money they can do whatever they want with that. Curse wanted to get a beter seeding at the Regional Qualifiers next week and, that's what MLG accused them of, asked Dignitas to let them win. This is match-fixing and pretty much the worst thing you can do as someone in a tournament.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:19am | Report
Kazega wrote:

The problem was NOT that they wanted to split the pot. Hell, it's their money they can do whatever they want with that. Curse wanted to get a beter seeding at the Regional Qualifiers next week and, that's what MLG accused them of, asked Dignitas to let them win. This is match-fixing and pretty much the worst thing you can do as someone in a tournament.

El Psy Congroo.

Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:20am | Report

El Psy Congroo.

Krisys
<Member>
Krisys's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:20am | Report
Morr33d wrote:

Only I find this absolutely legit? I know I might be idiot in eyes of few of you guys, but I think it's absolutely fine, happens in NASCAR, happens in almost every sport. If both teams agree, what's the problem? Should they just lose it on SR in normal game and pretend that nothing happened? It's just their thing, I don't get why organizers get butthurt over it.

This isn't any different than the badminton issue in the Olympics. I'm glad they both got DQ'd. Throwing games isn't sportsmanlike.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:22am | Report
Krisys wrote:

This isn't any different than the badminton issue in the Olympics. I'm glad they both got DQ'd. Throwing games isn't sportsmanlike.

yes and both teams are trying to win, if it's in their best interest to lose a game for better seeding then that sounds like a flaw with the tournament. I don't understand how you can punish a team trying to win, even if it means losing
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:53am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

But then why would They have let Curse win? Curse winnign doesn't change the standings in the pro circuit at all while Dignitas winning puts them up a spot.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide