Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CURSE vs. SK Game Discussion

Creator: AncientNecro January 19, 2012 10:50am
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 3:27pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I don't think about Lesbians. There's nothing in it for me :P I think about straight girls.

How about a deep founded friendship with mutual respect for one another without the ultimate goal being sex? Meh, who am I kidding..

^ On Udyr, Riven basically wins from the farm lane seeing as she brings more to team-fights and doesn't fall off late-game (tiger burst only being "wow" mid-game). Also, can add the likes of Skarner, Warwick & Renekton to contenders with Riven.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 3:34pm | Report
^ Renekton vs Riven is equal if Renekton uses a lot of armor runes and counters her further with early armor items. I'd still rather have a Riven on my team though, personally

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 3:40pm | Report
You mean Riven right? As Renekton already counters Riven so she is the one who is in need of the extra edge (heavy armor runes as you purposed). Talking from a lane perspective after the Riven nerfs.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 3:42pm | Report
I'd rather have Riven too, Renekton's not a good top laner because he falls off, therefor wasting the gold/exp earned there, IMHO.

My point with Udyr is not that you both have a tea party and sit around farming and talking about weather, if that's the case I'd take Riven in a heart beat too.

My thought is centered around whether or not Udyr can actively force Riven to disengage from both him and the creeps. If he can accomplish that, and stay healthy and dangerous with Tiger and Turtle, he could be a solid pick against her.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 3:47pm | Report
Zell wrote:

You mean Riven right? As Renekton already counters Riven so she is the one who is in need of the extra edge (heavy armor runes as you purposed). Talking from a lane perspective after the Riven nerfs.

No, I meant Renekton. I've played the lane against a friend of mine in a custom and I had only armor seals while he had armor seals and.... marks, I think (?)
Anyway, he had more armor and also bought an early Warden's Mail while I bought my standard Wriggle's Lantern + The Brutalizer + Frozen Mallet + Atma's Impaler combo I use (sometimes I buy a Bloodthirster for lifesteal instead btw, depends on how well everything's going).

I dealt almost no damage to him whatsoever but he also wasn't dealing enough to get me out of the lane. In the end it turned into a farmfest.
It would've probably been decided by jungle ganks normally.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 3:50pm | Report
He should have built Wriggle's 2 doran's blades and Atma's if you ask me. :P
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 3:53pm | Report
Hmm, maybe. He's just the kind of guy that basically turns Renekton into 'Gaynekton' (that's what he calls it anyway) and counters his opponent heavily with quite some flat armor/mres runes.

It works, I just wonder who's going to be better late game if he doesn't completely wreck his enemy's laning phase.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 3:57pm | Report
Why didn't you buy Last Whisper instead of The Brutalizer once you saw him buy Chain Vest? He'd have 100+ armor (on the top of my head and presuming he had wriggles) so yeah you would be pretty screwed.

Edit: I genuinely think you guys are underestimating Renekton. His main role presence is making his stamp on lane and pretty much to dominate it and deny said enemy as much as possible. Like a crocodile he can more or less just camp the spot on the minions and snap her up when she comes and with slice and dice landed he can chase effectively. A usual problem is that he would naturally push due to Q but Riven balances it somewhat (still tips either way depending on circumstances).

Its not like he has no "carry-ability" if fed, sure its no secret he falls off late-game but if he has a successful laning phase he can become a good bruiser (particularly in team fights with his ultimate which happens to synergies with Atma's Impaler).
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 4:22pm | Report
I suppose my counterpoint is; Renekton's not the only one who can stomp a lane, he's just the only one who can stomp a lane and still turn out sub par late game.

He's okay.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2012 4:41pm | Report
Maybe I should've Zell, he had something like 250 armor on level 18 (normally of course you'd never have a laning phase that would last that long) xD
I wasn't the one trying to counter him, he was the one trying to counter me. In a normal game I'd probably get Last Whisper, but I was just using my standard build in that game because I was genuinely interested to see whether he would massively outdamage me with his choices. I wasn't really tryharding and checking every single item he bought, my bad :3

Also he didn't dominate the lane. That's exactly my issue with Renekton, he can counter the **** out of me but still doesn't do enough to dominate me or get me out of my lane.

I ended up with slightly more farm than him while he had a slight advantage in kills. It might've been different with junglers of course.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide