Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Diamond division 1 player Dr Rick Santorum...

Creator: Dr Rick Santorum February 15, 2013 12:14pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 5:19am | Report
lala45654 wrote:

I just got lvl 30 and was thinking about starting ranked. Any certain requirements that I should get to before I start?

well Im not the docter, but if your going to start ranked itd be best to make sure youve got a couple of characters for every role(ie:jungle,adc,top,mid and sup) as even if you do decide to "main" a position, chances are you'll not always get it. Oh and free characters aren't available in ranked play.
TheVirginBoar
<Member>
TheVirginBoar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 9:04am | Report
Because of the community(-.-) I learned to play every single role. ADC, Support and Jungle are my main roles and I love to play these tanky initiators like Maokai or Malphite. Do you have any tips or tricks how I can maximize their potential?
Dr Rick Santorum
<Member>
Dr Rick Santorum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 9:25am | Report

No clue who you are, but I,m glad you're here with Mobafire community. Really appreciated.

Any thoughts on jungle tryndamere for S3? I've played him a few games and seriously kicked *** with him, but he seems to be terribly outshined by Xin Zhao and Vi, the amazing junglers of S3.

Also, I decided to main the jungle in S3, your post is extremely convenient.

Jungle trynd isn't that bad, but it is luck based (similar to yi jungle) and during teamfights you will be cc'd all to hell.

ps. To anyone reading, sorry for being late answering questions. I have been practicing 10-15 hours a day for lcs
Dr Rick Santorum
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 10:35am | Report
Hateryx wrote:

What is your item build on Sejuani? When do you pick her in team comp? How do you position her in team battles?

My item build on sejuani is warmogs-sunfire-randiuns-situational health items. She is one of the few champions that have damage scaling off of health.

I usually try to pick sej in a team comp that lacks a form of hard engage, or has a bunch of aoe abilities so we can wombo combo. During teamfights she is good at both peeling and sitting on the enemy carries. Just make sure when ulting in teamfights you don't hit the tanks infront of you (like a noct with w up, i've neverrrrrrrrrrr did that one before...) and try to catch as many people as possible in it, so you can E and slow everybody.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 2:06pm | Report
Hey good luck in LCS bro. Looking forward to Ignite maybe picking up a couple wins :P

yannis
<Member>
yannis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 9:13am | Report
Guys, would you be interested in having more players do AMA's ? Would you like this to be a live streamcast on skype and take questions from the chat sometime? We have the capability to run long streams now on 1080p.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 12:40pm | Report
@yannis - honestly i think 1 high elo should answer most lol-related questions. Anyone after this one would have to be for personal questions or a great deal of time in the future or people wouldn't have any questions.

@OP have you tried jax jungle as a counter to xin zhao? Jax is really good at counterganking mid ganks as well as top ganks(not so much bottom ganks, but 2 out of 3), he also outduels xin zhao at any point of the game. So he can pretty much take all of xin zhao's strengths(mid/top pressence and the NO-FEAR OF THE RIVER) and turn them against him since everytime he makes a move mr. jax ****s it over. If you haven't, try it and tell me what your thoughts on it are/were.

Also do you know any pros personally?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 1:57pm | Report
I would think that having high elos that specialize in different roles would still be valuable information-wise.

Would it be an open chat? I would just be afraid of chat spam.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Dr Rick Santorum
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 1:59pm | Report
Madsummona wrote:

Hi I'm relativly new to the game but im pretty good with vi any tips for jungling?

Timing blue/red buffs is the biggest thing new junglers never do, but it allows you to get almost every buff in each jungle if their team doesn't respond correctly.
Dr Rick Santorum
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 2:14pm | Report
Colorize wrote:

1. What's your opinion on close quarter combat team compositions? For example; Jarvan IV, Lux, Miss Fortune, Leona and Renekton?
  • 1a. How do you counter such team comps?
  • 1b. When should you start fighting, both individually and as a team?

2. How do you push an advantage in a 5x5 ranked game?
  • 2a. When you have a clear advantage of say 6k gold, you got the first dragon and got maybe one or two turrets. What time do you know that you have to team up and push mid? What time do you know it's right to force a fight at baron or otherwise.
  • 2b. How do you use your gold efficiently? My team and I have had several issues where we didn't use the gold lead we had. We just bought our regular items but feel we need to work on buying items more efficiently towards the enemy team comp or just in general.

3. What are, in your opinion, the best bot lane compositions? And how do you counter those.
  • 3a. How in the world are you supposed to get through a laning phase with Vayne?
  • 3b. Alistar, opinion? I feel like he's absolutely useless.

4. Any other tips for 5x5 ranked in general about the following topics?
  • 4a. Objectives.
  • 4b. Split-pushing.
  • 4c. Laning phase.
  • 4d. Warding.

If you have any other comments then please leave them as they might be helpfull!

Just out of curiosity. Would you be willing to analyze our 5x5 games and give us some more tips and tricks based on that? We're about 1800-2000 season 2 skilled, we played against Diamonds and won a couple and lost most but in all those losses we did decently to well. Those are probably the best replays.

1. I'm not sure what you're asking here, Lux and MF aren't exactly close quarter, and almost every team comp has hard engages/disengages (J4, for example).

2. Take as many objectives as possible. Towers, Dragons, Buffs, even Baron if the game has went on long enough.
2a. It depends on your comp. Grouping and pushing mid won't work against Anivia and Jayce, for example.
Forcing baron fights is a very good strategy of staying ahead. If you clear baron sight, sooner or later the enemy team has to check it and then you can engage. This is good vs comps with good clear that you can't really push towers against.
2b. You've got the general idea down. Item buys are almost always situational. For example, I went thornmail 3rd item on J4 recently in ranked because they had an all ad team.

3. Honestly, I view almost every bot lane comp as equal with different strengths and weaknesses.
3a. Play passive, call for jungle ganks, look for E stuns. If you can survive lane, you often win game.
3b. I think Ali is a very strong solo Q support if he roams. If you pick him with somebody like cait who can usually farm 1v2 for short periods of time, you can roam mid lane and abuse his strong ganking potential.

4a. Make sure when you're going for objectives you know the relative positioning of the enemy. Wards are super important in these situations, along with clearing enemy wards.
4b. Split pushing with teleport is one of the strongest strategies in the game. Look at the recent Crs vs GGU match for a near perfect example of this.
4c. Laning phase is often played around the jungle. If you're picking a weak early ganker like Malphite, play passive in lane and wait until he is 6. If you're playing with a maokai, you can often play more aggressively since the enemy constantly has to worry about the moving tree.
4d. Ward chokes, and when teamfights are about to happen place wards in all the bushes around the teamfighting area. Always keep pinks on objectives whenever possible.

I am currently busy practicing about 10 hours a day for LCS, sorry man.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide