Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

From Morello: Ezreal to be nerfed after world...

Creator: YayaFTW October 13, 2012 9:04am
Do you want Ezreal to be nerfed?
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 7:44am | Report
Gee this seems like

"Whole bunch of ADCs are UP, better nerf ezreal"

Yes he may need some nerfs.
Maybe on his W's attack speed buff/debuff.
Change it to 3 seconds so people'd not be so butthurt when raka's armor buff lasts for 5 seconds.
Revert Q's mana costs,maybe add a one second cd. It'll hurt him a bit, but not too much.

But don touch his E.
Maybe not all champions have re-positioning abilities.
But this is to make champs unique.
19 secs on level 1 seems reasonable.
It may be a blink with an unreliable extra damage, it covers less distance than corki's W, no steroid like graves' E, not having extremely slow cd like vayne's Q.
Another thing I wonder, is why people always emphasis on his Q reducing its Cd.
Hell graves reduces quickdraw's cd by autoattacking.

Don't play ADC much and ezreal is the only ADC i play more often.
Can't say I'm not even the least biased, or I know ADCs enough to make me sound convincing.
But nerfs should be reasonable, not just because of a champ's over popular.
His higher win ratios may be a result from people willing to put effort in training themselves to be good at EZ.

Tl;Dr : Please don't touch his E, and don't be too harsh on QWR either. (つ´Д`)つ
TheRedPenguin
<Inhouse Regular>
TheRedPenguin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 8:02am | Report
Only E shift range nerf pls and that's enough.

I woud like a tristana and ashe buff.
They weak.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 8:37am | Report
@GMD:

The CD as is, is 18 seconds...If they nerfed it at early levels, I see little alteration to his current play style as an AP mid....Ezreal isn't a DPS mage like Cass or Ryze, he's a combo/burst type....All it means is you have to pick your engages wisely, I think you're just letting your attachment to AP Ez get in the way of creating a more balanced champion.

The Q buff was to counter the maxing of W first as a more "reasonable" option.

Q is a very strong skill, it scales well and has amazing utility at a "low" cost. This is a reasonable skill because it doesn't always hit a champion. Rather, it's a skill shot so the risk is you miss in effect dealing 0 damage.

W is a solid skill, VERY high risk (now that they nerfed the width and it has a decent mana cost), the reward is pretty nice damage with a solid AD buff/debuff. 40% at max rank. Risk here is you miss even though it goes through creeps/champs. It's also at a shorter range than Ezreal's Q.

E the single skill in Ezreal's kit which is by far his safest skill. It offers negligible risk when used appropriately for high end rewards. You can blink over walls, blink out of/away from skills, blink towards targets, and deal damage. By in large it has the most utility for a risk which is non-existent when used properly. Couple the fact that you generally have Flash as a back up and any semi-competent Ezreal has the ability to win trades and or avoid bad situations. By increasing the CD from ~19 to ~23 or so seconds you increase the risk dramatically, by increasing the risk, as well as the time frame in which there is risk to Ezreal he can't play as aggressively. Increasing the mana cost of E will also tone down his harass with Q. Right now AD Ezreal can "spam" Q and still have mana to escape. If you make E upwards of 100 mana he really can't afford to spam Q (as much) to harass without risking being out of mana to use E.

The way this impacts AP Ezreal is negligible. Last I checked AP Ezreal isn't using E off CD at every opportunity, all this would do is make AP Ezreal more cautious before engaging. The burst/combo play style isn't effected by this. The E still serves it's purpose as a part of the combo, you just aren't able to combo "as often". That's just my view on it.
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 8:55am | Report
Maybe a small hit to E's CD or range. But in my opinion Riot needs to bring other ADC's up to speed. ( Ashe, Sivir, Miss Fortune)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 9:12am | Report
The more I think about this the more I think it might actually be a good thing. Maybe I'll actually get to play him now. :P
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 9:23am | Report
@Jeffy: I know how AP Ezreal works, thanks. A CD nerf on his E would be decent but a mana cost increase would seriously hurt him. I think a CD nerf on his E (not too bad) and a nerf on his Q would put him in a good spot.

Atm his strong early-game + his above average late-game is just too good.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:51am | Report
Well for "knowing how he works" you're making a big deal about a necessary nerf that actually won't hurt AP Ez in the mid to late game where he actually starts to be an AP carry. Please if you're going to rebuttal what I have to say bring something more factual than your over attachment to the AP build style and "I know what I'm doing bro".

Nerfing his Q would revert Ez to how he was...Where AD Ez players ALWAYS maxed W first. That is what we call a "bad idea". Nerfing his E at early levels hits him in the right spots without damaging his over all viability of either AD or AP. Nerfing his Q makes W a better skill to max and doesn't fix the issue of how safe Ezreal is in the early game (and onward to mid and late).

Let me lay some knowledge on you:
If a champion has a skill (or multiple skills) that offer no risk for the reward, we call that "bad balancing". That is Ezreal's E in a nutshell. Up too often, tons of utility, short CD in comparison to other similar ADCs.

Because of the impact E has on the current freedoms AD Ezreal has, HELL AP Ez gets the same deal, it's a skill that needs some balancing. Either you're ignorant to that fact because you're too emotionally attached to AP Ez, or your idea of balancing is about as useful as Nicknamemy, which to say is limited at best.
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 11:41am | Report
That's really stupid. Me personally,I think Ez is just fine. They need to buff Ashe a little though. They need to nerf Darius though lol.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 2:56pm | Report
TinyStar wrote:

That's really stupid. Me personally,I think Ez is just fine. They need to buff Ashe a little though. They need to nerf Darius though lol.

Ez needs a slight nerf, nothing fancy. I agree with Ashe. But no Darius nerfs. He's not OP at all.
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 3:39pm | Report

Ez needs a slight nerf, nothing fancy. I agree with Ashe. But no Darius nerfs. He's not OP at all.

Okay,I just played with Ez,he does need a slight nerf. xD

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide