Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Garen changes your thoughts?

Creator: cooper56 August 10, 2012 4:23am
DuskToGlory
<Member>
DuskToGlory's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 7:25am | Report
hmm well Garen needs 81 AD so that judgment deals the same damage as it did before at rank five, now I don't know how much AD was in an a usual garen build, so I am not sure how it will affect offtank garen. Hopefully people will stop building him tank.

Thanks to DuskToGlory for the sigs. LOL :)

Working on a Pantheon guide, will finish when I get around to it, could be never.
+Rep? I ran out of witty remarks about this, just do it, or not.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 7:25am | Report
I think Judgment now scales with full attack damage again rather than with bonus attack damage (They basically reverted patch 1.0.0.7). That is why the numbers were changed. And I think now the full judgment will crit. The only thing I don't like is the Perseverance nerf, it wasn't the strongest passive at all and now it feels kinda silly.

MY THREAD HAS DONE IT'S JOB!!! Welcome back, Garen.
wengthemeng
<Member>
wengthemeng's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 8:01am | Report
Interesting rework. I'm sure we'll see Garen players coming back as the solo top again.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 8:25am | Report
Perseverance now works with CDR.

Judgment scales with all AD and the (0.9) is nothing.

The speed boost from Decisive Strike lasts definitly longer.

Quoted:
  • Courage now passively increases Armor and Magic Resist by 20% instead of increasing it by 0.5 every time he kills an enemy unit.
    Courage defensive shield now lasts 2/3/4/5/6 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Now reduces incoming damage by 30% at all ranks instead of 20/24/28/32/36%. Now also grants 30% Crowd Control Reduction. Cooldown changed to 24 seconds instead of 30/27/24/21/18 Seconds.
  • Decisive Strike now also breaks all slows affecting Garen. 35% Speed bonus now lasts 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Damage increased to 30/55/80/105/130 (up from 30/45/60/75/90) and Silence effect duration changed to 1.5/1.8/2/2.3/2.5 seconds instead of a flat 2.5 seconds at all ranks.
  • Demacian Justice now has a 160/120/80 seconds cooldown, changed from 140/120/100 seconds.
  • Judgment no longer breaks slow effects or reduces the duration of slow effects. Now deals 20/45/70/95/120 plus 70/80/90/100/110 % of his full attack damage physical damage instead of 50/90/130/170/210 plus 140% of his bonus attack damage physical damage. Judgment can critically strike dealing bonus damage. Judgment deals 25% less damage to minions and monsters. Garen ignores unit collition but is 20% slower while traveling through units.
  • Perseverance now regenerates after 10 seconds, up from 7 seconds, but affected by CDR - If Garen has not taken damage from monsters,towers or champions in the last 10 seconds(affected by CDR), Garen regenerates 0.5% of his maximum Health each second.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:NicknameMy/Garen_changes_at_PBE

All infos from PBE.

About feeling, his Judgment now deals way more damage than before and Perseverance is overall more usefull, because it is no longer stopped by minions.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 9:17am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Perseverance now works with CDR.

Judgment scales with all AD and the (0.9) is nothing.

The speed boost from Decisive Strike lasts definitly longer.

All infos from PBE.

About feeling, his Judgment now deals way more damage than before and Perseverance is overall more usefull, because it is no longer stopped by minions.

Ty for clearing this up. Its a buff overall but im wondering about his Courage ability the 20% armor and magic res increase is that stronger than it was b4 with kills? So the 20% stacks with all armor you build right? If so that seems very strong he gets armor and magic res without building items.
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 9:21am | Report
In all honesty I like the changes. I feel they will make him more like J4 in damage (Damage is decent throughout the game, as well as staying tanky). His spin could ALWAYS CRIT that is not new, look up any garen guide or site with full details on the skill and it will say it. They are giving him decent scaling, we just need to see what happens to his early. Also the new percent scaling on his W will make him less tanky early, but more tanky as the game progresses, which is the kinda feel I always felty this ability needed.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 9:31am | Report
Well, but if you want to deal your damage as Garen, most of the time, you won't build any armor or mres anyway. Frozen Mallet is the only defensive item. Sometimes you add in Guardian Angel but that's it.

For me, Garen is a champ which is between ad-caster and bruiser.
He is gonna kill you!!!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 10:16am | Report
there's a reason why they say, "garen spins to win"

so there's no reason to rework him.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:07pm | Report
I found another change: The time you have to trigger the dmg of Decisive Strike is lowered to 4.5 from 6 seconds. Aswell, fixed a bug where Decisive Strike would go on cooldown if the target dies while it is in animation.
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:52pm | Report
Imo, Garen needs a good rework to fit him to current meta. Something like what Xin Zhao got. Otherwise he either rapes hard with op damage because he got fed early or totally sucks if he didn't get fed and has to build semi-defensive.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide