Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

General Lucian Questions/Discussions Thread

Creator: OTGBionicArm August 25, 2013 10:08am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 10:08am | Report
So, getting back into liking the Marksman role, obviously I found myself trying Lucian. I love the character, I like how unique he is design wise, but I can help but ask myself some questions about his kit.

Firstly; Items:

I've tried a multitude of starting core items and so far my analysis is this;

Bloodthirster: Probably the best rush IMO, because Lucian has very high ratios, disagree with me if you will, but this has worked better for me than the alternatives.

Infinity Edge: Also worked very well for me, crits blend very nicely with his passive, but I still prefer the raw damage and sustain from BT.

Blade of the Ruined King: Sucks the D and he doesnt seem to scale on attack speed as well as you'd think. (Flat AD appears to make that ult hurt way worse.) Though, I have found myself buying it second on the IE rush build.

Please discuss Itemization orders. I have other questions like; Black Cleaver? Maybe? Youmuu's Ghostblade? Statikk Shiv? etc.
Personally I find myself doing double doran's blades into BT on him.

Next; Ability Sequence:

Max W or E second? Both seem good. I love the cooldown reduce and free mana cost of maxed out E, but at the same time, W is actually moderately good for poking.

I also have thought of maxing W first (as it is probably more reliable to poke with than Q). Any thoughts on that?

Lastly; When the **** is the right time to use The Culling?

My god do I suck at this ult. I can never seem to get the timing right. Most of the time I end up having not even used the ult by the end of a team fight because in my head I'm waiting for all the CC or dodge effects that could stop my ult to be used.

Any suggestions for that?

Please! Anything Lucian, say it here!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 10:16am | Report
Also, idk if anyone else knew this but apparently Lucian's passive will proc on Runaan's Hurricane for a total of 6 shots. OP.

Additionally, I figured out you can actually switch targets mid shot with his passive, firing one shot at each target. His passive seems to act like two separate auto attacks. o.O
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 10:28am | Report

Also, idk if anyone else knew this but apparently Lucian's passive will proc on Runaan's Hurricane for a total of 6 shots. OP.

so hurricane on him is what Muramana used to be for ryze?
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 10:29am | Report
Probably not, in practice it will probably still suck, because Runaan's kinda sucks. But hey, it's fun right?
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 10:30am | Report
i might try it in two weeks when he has free week :)
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 11:11am | Report
DisturbedFox showed me a lucian analysis here

I generally prefer maxing E second, being your most reliable mobility tool. I also think W is currently bugged, since it didn't always proc the ms bonus for me.

I think W and The Culling are both underwhelming abilities for now. As I said I've failed to see the usefulness of W even when I tried to chase/kite after using E because it either bugs or the difference is minimal. The Culling only starts bringing really good damage in a time where auto-attacking will deal more damage, so it's only really useful for running while using it to demotivate chase, trying to finish off a target that's too far or for following up on an initiated fight. I mostly use it for farming to be honest, cooldowm isn't anything special when maxed, and it's actually pretty good for fending waves with Super Minions.

Dunno, might be risky but they should either give it crit chance and fix ratios, or give it increased AD or AS ratios.

Also, I've done Trinity Force on him, but can't really say it's worth. Procs are nice but it barely affects ult.

--

This being said I love playing him, feels very smooth (apart from the ult that still feels derpy to me). Although on a different note, only AD Carry that gives me this much fun is Vayne.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 12:30pm | Report
Huh, W bugged? I haven't noticed.

I notice his Q not firing correctly at times (I see the laser but damage doesnt happen on any target.) and his dash will sometimes fail to go over walls I know damn well it can go over. >.>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide