Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

GG RIOT ADDING THEIR OWN JUNGLE TIMERS TO THE GAME

Creator: Janitsu June 23, 2014 12:51pm
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 2:51pm | Report
what if you ward it and he already died, pls don't tell me you get the timer. It would be dumb xD
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 3:32pm | Report
Zordagoth wrote:

what if you ward it and he already died, pls don't tell me you get the timer. It would be dumb xD

You need to see it die so no i think it works just like curse voice did.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 3:32pm | Report
Calm down people. These timers aren't going to give any more information than what's available now. Riot has been super clear about this.

It's not going to do anything to the skill ceiling of the game (top jungle players already time these objectives when possible), but it'll make it much easier for newer junglers to get the hang of managing their camps. This does make it a little easier to defend against counter-jungling from an experienced jungler, but at least it's less busy work for the people who were doing this already.

Good players still have plenty of ways to outplay their opponents. We just can't rely on the other jungler being ignorant or lazy and not knowing when camps spawn.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 3:37pm | Report
The timers are just going to improve soloq experience. Right now if you note timers, hardly anyone pays attention to it, or well, that's probably the experience of most people. It will simply keep the entire team aware in situations where there is not too much communication.

For all those people who have spent countless years in exile to be able to perform +5 min, +6 min, and even +7 min; don't worry, I'm sure it will have an application in life some day.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 3:42pm | Report
you mean I don't have to do math anymore??

what was the point of going to school for all these years
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 3:44pm | Report
Have you any idea how much money I put in that counting frame? Sheez.

Seriously though, lately all Riot has been doing is making this game easier. Not so because of the timers, but because the game is explaining itself, and making very little room for mistakes. I think this will lead to the game being solely determined by short-term skills like farming and all-in fights. That would make this game a lot less fun for me.

Also, I think communication is a vital part of this game too. And by communication I don't mean spamming smart pings.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 3:51pm | Report

Seriously though, lately all Riot has been doing is making this game easier. Not so because of the timers, but because the game is explaining itself, and making very little room for mistakes. I think this will lead to the game being solely determined by short-term skills like farming and all-in fights. That would make this game a lot less fun for me.

Also, I think communication is a vital part of this game too. And by communication I don't mean spamming smart pings.

Riot is trying to make soloq more playable than it has been and I think this definitely contributes to that. League is a team game, which means that a lot of stuff is very balanced and properly usable when having proper communcation. However, in soloq, you can write down tons of timers and people more often than not just miss them. I personally always try to make everyone aware of them but still...
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 3:57pm | Report
I get your point, but I think it usually comes down to the "elo hell law": If your team(read: you) is able to communicate better than the other, you win. It doesn't have to be perfect, you just need to be better than them. Now they're removing the factor as a whole, removing the challenge, thus making the game easier in my eyes.

I think it would already be different if only the one that kills the camp gets the timer instead of the whole team, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

EDIT: Of course communication isn't always winning the game, and sometimes you get queued up with people you can't get along with, but everyone does(which is what I mean with the "elo hell law" thing).
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 4:23pm | Report
Look on the bright side, people! This will prove useful to certain individuals! *ahem*

Quoted:

blue and red has a respawn time on 6 min :-)
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 4:28pm | Report

Have you any idea how much money I put in that counting frame? Sheez.

I think thats what they want they with timers and new VU of the rift. The game will be alot more about champion skill thats for sure and how you do things.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide