Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Grounds for in-game Suspensions

Creator: DocSmoothJew June 12, 2011 4:50am
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 2:53pm | Report
Well, to be fair, anyone insulting you to the point of earning an ignore is probably not going to contribute any meaningful strategic speech to the game. Also, pretty sure Riot isn't banning people for calling someone else "******ed"; they might ban you for spamming the **** out of them with it, but I hardly think they'd do it for calling someone ******ed a couple times.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 3:00pm | Report
You're only proving my point.
If he's not contributing to the game and is only insulting, why the hell shouldn't he be suspended?

And if that example is not enough for you, since I just said ******ed once, I'll just give you another.

You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!
You are #######!

Is it offensive enough yet?
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 3:14pm | Report
Canoas, did you miss something in my last post? I was saying that it is a problem if someone's spamming it. Pretty sure Riot's even said they won't ban for pretty crude stuff if it's just once. You gotta be pretty out of hand for it.

As for the /ignore bit, I'm not saying they're a completely useless ally, I'm saying that they're aren't contributing anything strategy wise IN CHAT. They might be playing half decent but the team's not doing so well so this guy is flaming instead of trying to be productive. You ignore him and you don't have to put up with the flaming and nothing is lost since he wasn't being conducive, in chat, to turning the game around.

Now that you reminded me, there is kinda a big problem that I've seen in HoN as well as LoL. People can not take a bit of constructive criticism to save themselves. You try and say stuff like "guys, more defensive please" and you often get met with **** like "stfu ******" or stuff along those lines. These are the kinda people with who I get in flames wars and I'm the one that gets banned?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 3:36pm | Report
And if you /ignore someone and they say, "mid mia" and you get ganked, then what?

/ignore enemies is the only function I have ever used. Ignoring teammates is plain stupid.

There's no need to rage to team members unless you have known them a long time.

My dad plays LoL.

As you can imagine, a 48ish year old man playing a game that requires serious co-ordination of both hands and the eyes is a bit of a strain to him, so he's been playing Co-op vs AI to get the hang of it.

When I imagine people like you, Doc, screaming at him, "****ing noob! why you do that! jesus ****ing christ, jesus ****, stop dying, omfg, noob! ****** ******! get off my lane! l2p uninstall! faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! noob! /all this mundo/alistar/whoever is a ****ing noob, pls report for unskilled! ****!" I feel sick inside.

Yes, verbal abuse is a bannable offence.

/thread.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 4:17pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

And if you /ignore someone and they say, "mid mia" and you get ganked, then what?

/ignore enemies is the only function I have ever used. Ignoring teammates is plain stupid.

My dad plays LoL.

As you can imagine, a 48ish year old man playing a game that requires serious co-ordination of both hands and the eyes is a bit of a strain to him, so he's been playing Co-op vs AI to get the hang of it.

When I imagine people like you, Doc, screaming at him, "****ing noob! why you do that! jesus ****ing christ, jesus ****, stop dying, omfg, noob! ****** ******! get off my lane! l2p uninstall! faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! noob! /all this mundo/alistar/whoever is a ****ing noob, pls report for unskilled! ****!" I feel sick inside.

/thread.

This
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 4:43pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

My dad plays LoL.

/thread.

Wow, who pissed in your coffee? If you can't at least read all of my posts then don't bother commenting. I have explicitly stated at least a couple times that I only flame trolls and people that have already been behaving like *******s. I don't flame people for being new, hence my comment about people having a hard time taking some constructive criticism such as "I don't think your item build makes much sense, 'x' and 'y' are generally considered core on that champ".
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 4:52pm | Report
I actually read all your comments, and what I kept hearing was, "I flame people who *deserve* it."

By that definition, anyone who feeds (however unintentionally), dies to jungle, gets ganked when they have missed a MIA call, doesn't buy your recommended items, who doesn't reply in chat, who may auto-attack creeps/take creeps from carries, who may type "****, damn!" and you take it the wrong way.

1) People can die for any reason in LoL, it does not mean they are intentionally feeding
2) Champions can die to jungle camps if they aren't good at jungling
3) Some people can't read the chat log and do other things at the same time
4) Some people like to build the way they do - DPS Kassadin ftw
5) Some people who type in chat accidently leave chat open and end up dying because they haven't pressed ENTER to close chat so you see, "X HAS BEEN SLAIN" and then "qqqqqqqwwweeeeewwwwqqqqr"
6) Some people genuinely don't know that auto-attacking is bad
7) Some people type obscenities to show frustration at themselves, and people like you just can't help it and make it worse

If you were banned for verbal abuse/unsportsmanly like conduct, then you obviously said something bad.

If you were banned A SECOND TIME, obviously you deserved it.

You don't just get banned for saying, "haha, noob."

You get banned for being like this guy:
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 5:00pm | Report
Yeah, I'm done with trying to talk to you because your grasp of the English language seems tenuous at best. If you can't figure out why then that's simply further reason. Peace!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 5:01pm | Report
yeah, I think I misread it = P
The chat filter is still useless though.

And what do you consider a troll? If you're not specific and just say "trolls" then you can't blame him from assuming you would consider his dad a troll for sucking at LoL.
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 5:11pm | Report
Here's a pretty good example just from today. Well, I should preface this example with the fact that both teams had one dc. I laned with mundo as Veigar and very early on (around lvl 2ish) he just charged out and got killed. I said something like "Mundo are you new?" and he replied with a no of some sort. So long story short he goes on and on making really poor decisions so I determined he's either lying about being a noob or he's just trolling and pretty much ignored him simply because I'm not gonna label someone a troll and blindly flame them when I can't even tell what their deal is. I don't enjoy flaming but when people go out of their way to be annoying I get pretty peeved.

I can't tell if you guys are misunderstanding me or what. The absolute only people I ever flame are people being flagrant *******s or trolls that are seriously rubbing it in my face that they're intentionally trying to lose the game (i.e. Ashe buying AP items and just rushing into 3+ enemies alone and going "woops"). Perhaps it's because I only play normals that I get such a radical amount of jerkoffs. Couple weeks ago I had some jungle Shaco mismicro or something and he ends up taking a couple hits from the tower when he's no higher than level four. I jokingly said something like "woops :P" to him in team chat and at first he just kinda laughs with me and then he just goes ape **** and starts railing at me that he's gonna **** my game up and proceeds to go hardcore intentional feeder on us. Game after that I decide to kick back and take it easy and join Coop and grab ashe or something and call mid in select. Low and behold Vayne is on free week and some guy picks her after me and says "no you're not **** off". This is the sorta **** that has pushed me to this point. Where I just have little patience for people intentionally being annoying.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide