Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Health regen becoming strong in top lane?

Creator: cooper56 December 20, 2013 3:42pm
1 2 3 4 5
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 7:17am | Report
So, now, the calculation of start items goes on. This time Relic Shield + 3 Health Potions vs Doran's Shield + 1 Health Potion. This calculation is made because some top laners can really abuse face of the mountain. If I already see people getting Spirit of the Ancient Golem on top lane Mundo, i ask myself, why not get face of the mountain+ Mercury's Treads which offers better stats and a way superior active.

50+6/5*x+150*3=100+10/5*x+150
x=312.5

This means, after 312.5 seconds or 5.2083333... minutes Doran's Shield will start to outscale Relic Shield sustain wise. Of course, this doesn't factor in the passive of Doran's Shield or the saved gold. On Mundo, it wouldn't be that great as a start item because of his passive, he is best with Doran's Shield.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 7:38am | Report
Why even compare those items? Doran's is the clear winner, because it gives more health and regen while also having a passive that doesn't go to waste just because you're solo laning. Effective health from potions is nice, but doesn't help in a situation where you're getting ganked or bursted by your enemy top laner if it's someone with high early damage (think Riven or Renekton).

Edit: oh good I see you edited that in yourself.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 7:42am | Report
Well, the more important comparison is face of the mountain vs Spirit of the Ancient Golem on top laners (especially considering the PBE changes which removes the regen from Spirit of the Ancient Golem).
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide