Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hecarim Patch Notes (Formatted)

Creator: Zeprido April 17, 2012 6:42pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 12:45am | Report

ppl consider this champion OP

....They do?
madalin120988
<Member>
madalin120988's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 1:24am | Report
Actually I have a bigger problem with his e rather than with his q. Sure, like I said it's no Cull the Meek, but even with 0.6 ratio it scales decently in late-game and it does reset the auto-attack timer. Coupled with the cool-down reduction it gets it makes for some pretty hard DPS(considering you have any chance to actually get the least bit fed, seeing how terribly weak he is early-game). My real problem is the 50% damage on minions part. That's just unacceptable... It may have decent DPS, but it's no Judgment, so I really don't see the need for a limitation like this.

Again, the problem is Devastating Charge, a modified auto-attack should not be this weak. I know they intended it as mainly a utility spell, but come on...1 of bonus AD at maximum damage? That's just not right. Garen's Decisive Strike grants a lot of bonus movement speed too and silences enemies, so it has utility values too, but it scales off TOTAL AD and it has a ratio of 1.4 making it IN FACT to deal TONS of DAMAGE(even at just 1 point invested). Sure, it doesn't have nearly as much flat damage, but an ability like this is a lot better scaled off with itemization rather than level, especially since you can't actually prioritize it due to the importance of the other two. Literally, at level 1 it does less damage than a normal basic attack and that's just not right... They should reduce the ridiculous flat damage(360 at 5th level) to about Bladesurge level and make it so it always scales with 100% of the TOTAL AD.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 1:26am | Report
WOAH! Hec Q is WEAKER than rens?
Could it be...MAYBE, that it's because Rens is on an 8 second CD, where hecarims can be used every second after the first 2? :O

Guys, isn't Lay Waste such a bad spell for dps? I mean, a cast of it doesn't do NEARLY as much as Nether Grasp, or Absolute Zero. What a ****py spell, may as well not even use it.

W isn't MEANT to do damage, it's meant to heal you, and you make it sound like it doesn't heal you off minis at all, there's a cap yeah, but it's more than enough to keep you sustained in the jungle, even with 1 rank.

For E, you say it does no damage as well, and that you're better off not using it. First of all, not only does it have great utility, but the skill does HUGE damage. Do you not realise, that the damage it does is ADDITIONAL damage? It deals the damage you'd normally do PLUS the damage from the skill.

People are talking about Hecarim as if he's the worst champion in LoL, but I've yet to see a valid argument about why he's bad.
madalin120988
<Member>
madalin120988's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 10:57pm | Report
No really, Devastating Charge will never compete with Decisive Strike or Crushing Blow, it's just broken on so many levels.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 4:53am | Report
I'd love to hear your reasoning on why you think so, other than the simple fact that you do.

Ok, time for some maths.

Hecarim at lvl 18 has 107AD
Garen has 112AD
Wukong has 144AD

Now, lets throw some items in there. It's generally standard that both Hec, and Wu build triforce, and most garens build an infinity edge. I'll also calculate in the bonus for boots to hecarims passive, as everyone would have boots by this point. Merc treads are generally standard on all 3 champions.

That brings us to
Hecarim 164
Garen 192
Wukong 174

Adding in AD marks, and quints, as well as masteries brings us to:
Hecarim 191 (107 flat, 84 bonus)
Garen 219 (112 flat, 107 bonus)
Wukong 201 (144 flat, 57 bonus)

Now we have to calculate the increase in Hecarim's AD from the movement speed portion of Devastating Charge. Since he gets 75% over 3 seconds, I'm assuming he gets 25% each second, which translates into:
1 second = 80MS (20AD)
2 seconds = 160MS (40AD)
3 seconds = 240MS (60AD)

Now with all this information, we can decide how much damage the attacks will do, including the triforce procs for wu and hec.

Devastating Charge
1 Second Charge = 604 Damage
2 Second Charge = 755 Damage
3 Second Charge = 915 Damage
Additionally, this isn't taking into account that he may have Ghost on.

Decisive Strike
Deals flat 397 damage
(Unsure if this skill can crit, as I don't play garen. I don't think it can, but anyway)
1/4 chance of critting for 1031

Crushing Blow
Deals flat 587 damage

Seeing how Devastating Charge Scales off Bonus AD, and not total AD, it will only get stronger if you add in more items. Without any items at all, the other two skills are probably a lot stronger, however, people DO buy items in this game.

Still kinda curious as to why you think this skill is weak O.o
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 5:10am | Report
Ye, the thing is that Wu casts 3x Crushing blow in while heca cast 1 charge.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 10:06am | Report
For that, Wukong's Crushing Blow has neither a speed boost or knockback.

Decisive Strike can't crit, and you see, that it needs buffs at all.
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 11:10am | Report
Crushing blow reduces armour by hefty 30% which powers his additional attacks. You compare uncomparable.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 7:52pm | Report
^ @this guy

Crushing Blow is wukongs main damage skill, where Devastating Charge is not hecarims.
Obviously Crushing Blow will do more DPS, because Devastating Charge isn't made to do DPS. It's meant to completely destroy one person. Rampage is Hecarim's DPS skill, and it in fact does huge dps.

My point was to show that Devastating Charge does A LOT of damage, and that denying that fact is foolish. Not that it's the best skill in the game.
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 11:05am | Report
I don't deny the fact, I just said u compared utility spell with DPS spell. Which is rather meh as they are so different.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide