Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How Rude is Rude in League?

Creator: CrysJaL September 20, 2014 9:45am
1 2 3 4 5
CrysJaL
<Member>
CrysJaL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 9:45am | Report
I was just in a ranked game as Thresh support finishing 4/1/14. The entire game we pretty much dominated and eventually won 36/11. Recently I've taken the habit of saying "nope" to the enemy team whenever I save one or more teammates ( Thresh + talisman of ascension OP). At the end of the game the Leona (who finished 0/4/4) said to me 'you're a great player but you're also a scumbag'. I was a little put out by this understandably. I try my best to be nice, not flame or rage in games or use offensive language. Don't get me wrong I've done it in the past but since learnt to reign in the angrier side of me.

I was wondering what you guys think of that sort of behaviour, I guess taunting the enemy team would be the best description. Is it fair play to shout out when you make a great play? It is acceptable psychological warfare? (after all they could just mute me and an unbalanced team is one easier to beat) or is it just a mean thing to do and something to avoid?

I'm interested in seeing the communities experience of things like this aswell. What's the weirdest, silliest, funniest or rudest thing you've heard from the enemy team?
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 9:55am | Report
It can be really discouraging to consistently say stuff like "nope" or "lol get rekt" or anything like that to the enemy team, especially if they're already doing really poorly. Even if it may seem like playful teasing on your part, they probably won't see it the same way :/ I personally don't like BMing the enemy team because I don't want to seem like a jerk, but sometimes with friends (5 queues OP :3) I joke around a bit and say stuff like "ez" after an amazing escape or something.

I guess hypothetically, it'll help you win because of the psychological effect it'll have on the enemy team (taunting them to make them play on tilt/make bad decisions/get greedy/etc), but it's still not very nice ._.

Once I was playing against an enemy support with a whole bunch of utility (I think it was Lulu, I don't remember very well anymore) and she kept kiting the rest of our team. She BM'd us by laughing and dancing once she escaped, but we got our revenge when we won the game :3
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
CrysJaL
<Member>
CrysJaL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 10:08am | Report
I wasn't aware of BMing, I've heard the term on youtube a few times (Anklespankin) But it's good to have a better understanding of it, thanks.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 10:33am | Report
Absolutely nobody likes that ("nope" "get fkd" "get rekt" "LOL" "nice try" "close" etc) and people having a bad game/day will be upset by comments such as those.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 10:53am | Report
It's basically bad sportsmanship and to be honest, you're just wasting your own time trying to taunt the opponent. If your skill is based on taunting the enemy into poor decisions, then you're probably not as good as you think you are, perhaps even overconfident at times, throwing off your own play.

You're having fun at the expense of other players' feelings and though I understand not everyone cares about those, especially on the grind up, you become a hypocrite in this regard when you start taunting the enemy and then become put out when the enemy team call you a douche. You basically made fun of the enemy team just because of a close play (and if it wasn't close, that's even worse) and you're expecting them to take it well? I dunno man, you think about it.

And to be honest, players that fall for those kind of taunts probably aren't good players themselves if they can't utilise the mute button.

I don't talk as much in chat anymore. Pings are more than enough to get you by and I mute anyone that even hints at being out of line - I don't even talk to them.

And you can risk pissing off your teammates too. I know I've been annoyed at some d***h*** on my team at some point that I just kept baiting him into feeding. Sure, it made him more mad and he flamed harder, but it was worth it, because it made him look even more like an absolute idiot than he already did.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 11:56am | Report
Rules of the League of Legends community:

1. If I have more kills than you, you suck. CS means nothing.

2. If you have more kills than me, you are hacking/your jungler is doing all the work for you/you are ksing.

3. ???

4. Profit.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 12:02pm | Report
Honestly, your level of rudeness kinda depends on how the attitude of the person receiving your smack talk.

In some games, i've totally *****ed out my opposing laners after I make / fail an epic play, and we've both had a good laugh from it.

In other games, I've refrained from saying comments like that, if I can tell that my opponents are really trying to focus on their gameplay.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 12:07pm | Report
You can do a lot worse.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 12:09pm | Report
If you aren't playing with your friends, I would refrain from saying something like that, unless they said something similar or are being ****s.

Better to just be nice.

mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 12:21pm | Report
I don't really say anything except "gl hf" at the beginning, "gg wp" at the end and "easy" when we loose before ~25 minutes

edit: To expand on this, I don't talk in chat because I could do something more useful than typing 80% of the time. For the other 20%, there are pings.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide