Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How the top lane is playing these days

Creator: ExamplePrime January 22, 2012 4:58pm
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2012 8:15pm | Report
Being careful is the first step

Since Lee Sin has an annoying damage early game and gets tanky late game, ranged AD with high mobility are a good counter. Its easier to dodge Q, you can attack from a safe distance and kill him like an AD champion does
ShrideRR
<Member>
ShrideRR's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 4:54am | Report
Hmmm i would say Blitzcrank! he can pull easy the Enemy too the towers ..... but he is better in bot too so .....
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 5:14am | Report
mhm dunno it for sure but nidalee should be a hard match for him.
tried her out and she is just SO strong never would have expected dis - and so fun aswell :)

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 6:33am | Report
Lee Sin Solo Top is hard to counterpick, well, because most of the time it's hard to tell whether he is solo top or jungle. Of course, there are times when the rest of the team comp will clue you in on that, but a lot of junglers are also decent solo tops.

If I know without a doubt that Lee Sin is going to go top lane, I like to pick Riven. Not a hard counter, but with good play you will usually come out on top. I usually don't see Lee Sin stand up to Trundle, Swain, or Corki solo top.

One tactic I like to use with a toon with a stun or other goody is BAIT HIS ***.

Stay fairly close to your tower - within flashing distance. Let your HP get low - lane a little longer than you normally would. He'll start aching for that easy kill at some point, and as soon as that Q hits you, flash under the tower. 50% of the time, he'll come along for the ride only to catch a stun under tower and get facerolled.

You really need to have a feel of how he is playing to pull this off with any confidence. Otherwise, 50% of the time you're burning flash for no reason at all.

ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 7:51am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Lee Sin counter?

Remember you can't "counter" an energy champ with a mana caster champ.

Your options are rumble, Cho'Gath, AD carries, WW, Nunu, Udyr, Tryndamere, Riven, Dr. Mundo, Garen, Kennen, Katarina, Mordekaiser, Olaf, Wukong, and Volibear.

Out of those, the one that seem reasonable are Kennen, Mordekaiser, Cho'Gath, WW, Udyr, Tryndamere, and Olaf.

I don't think I've ever lost to a Lee Sin as Mordekaiser, but it would be easy to get behind i think.

Half of those champs lose to Lee Sin top :L
Rumble for example I mentioned in the OP that he loses to Lee Sin.

The rest I'm not so sure but when people say stand behind your creeps and dodge his Q you haven't played against a decent Lee Sin. Also GP never beats Lee Sin
With his sheild he can sheild almost EVERY parley and use his bonus lifesteal to get his HP back. A wriggles or triple dorans and you can Never harrass him out of lane. Also if Lee Sin Does Power Level his Q all he has to do is W to a minion, Q you in the face, Q again then E and slow you to get away.
At level 6 his burst damage is huge, he also almost never loses a 1v1 fight.

Also I didn't say Shyvana was amazing top only that she counters certain lanes that cause problems.
And Garen is a really bad pick top now because he gets beaten by so many champs
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Katjoesja
<Member>
Katjoesja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 8:02am | Report
I'd say a more tanky caster like Swain or Viktor(cast your W underneath you if you feal treathened, if he attacks you with his Q you can use your ult to silence him and let him stay in your W), maybe Renekton (IF he hits you with a Q, run to tower safety. If he is foolish enough to dive you can stun him).

Basically someone who can have a punch while having a stun and a good harass of his own. If all else fails: Urgot. Because Urgot always wins.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 9:19am | Report
Urgot versus Lee Sin?
I dunno how well that would go... Will need to test but I dunno about that
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 9:25am | Report
`Urgot would win early lane because of his ability to harass with Acid Hunter. But post 6 Urgot would lose hard IMO. Oh you want to Ulti me? OK I kick you even further away from your turret and now you've gotta burn summoners if things go south.

Lee's natural sustain and mobility would eventually overtake Urgot's tanky nature...Although Urgot's passive presents an interesting possibility, Lee Sin would just have an overall advantage by level 8 or 9.

To succeed Urgot would need to never miss a chance to harass...As in always land Acid Charges followed by Acid Hunter spam....But if Lee was allowed t farm Urgot would be in trouble.

Just my opinion....
mereblood
<Member>
mereblood's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 9:54am | Report
Maokai could probably do it. I have never been paired against a Lee Sin top but it's hard to push Maokai out of range with his 1100 range Saplings, he can still get minion last hits.
Clan: Hellcorps
Builds: Maokai
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 10:09am | Report
There's 2 ways to be a good top lane.

Sustain so you can't be killed.

Burst/harass so your enemy can.

As long as you've got that down, you're golden.

I don't see anyone mentioning Akali, by the way.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide