Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How the top lane is playing these days

Creator: ExamplePrime January 22, 2012 4:58pm
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 11:05am | Report
There are downsides to being a blind monk.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 11:14am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Yeah you're correct about that Jeffy. I was just laughing about what Crow said about the shroud, which has nothing to do with her strength in lane xP It does offer her a bit of safety from ganks, that's about it.

Pre 6 she doesn't kill anything, you're right. But she does out harass most melee top lane champs, and she does win most hard engages with them to boot :P

Then comes level 6, and she just kills mofos.

Yes it does :P Anything stealth/invis.

I might, or more probably am, a lousy Akali. But I find that the shroud gives me two distinct advantages.

First the invis/slow combo that lets me get close enough to an enemy to land both q and one aa for max damage.

The second is invisibility and more res that minimize minion aggro. I might be playing her all wrong but I tend to excel in lane and fall off when it comes to teamfights so against the opponents I meet I have a working way. That doesn't say much about their skills though.

But I am still right in that Akali against the blind dude is a bad matchup
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 11:25am | Report
I've never run it.

I wonder how voyboy feels o:
Katjoesja
<Member>
Katjoesja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 11:28am | Report

`Urgot would win early lane because of his ability to harass with Acid Hunter. But post 6 Urgot would lose hard IMO. Oh you want to Ulti me? OK I kick you even further away from your turret and now you've gotta burn summoners if things go south.

Lee's natural sustain and mobility would eventually overtake Urgot's tanky nature...Although Urgot's passive presents an interesting possibility, Lee Sin would just have an overall advantage by level 8 or 9.

To succeed Urgot would need to never miss a chance to harass...As in always land Acid Charges followed by Acid Hunter spam....But if Lee was allowed t farm Urgot would be in trouble.

Just my opinion....

You don't understand, Urgot ALWAYS wins. He is like Charlie Sheen on 4 legs! Also, sarcasm. That would be it.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 11:32am | Report
Tried it

Urgot CAN do ok. But a decent Lee Sin kicks Urgots ***. Urgot literally cannot harrass Lee Sin because as soon as he does Lee Sin will just get in melee range and win
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 11:39am | Report
You're doing it wrong, you run evelynn against Lee, it's insta win :P

I'm pretty sure I've beat him with Olaf a few times. I'm not sure, he's usually jungle, and I rarely see him.

I can see Cho being K as well.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 11:53am | Report
Cho is like Riven top.

He wins because people aren't exploiting the weaknesses in the kit, and they don't know the counters yet.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 12:41pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Cho is like Riven top.

He wins because people aren't exploiting the weaknesses in the kit, and they don't know the counters yet.

Which is?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 1:07pm | Report
@Crow don't push a cho and start to zone him near your tower and he will lose.

I did quite good vs a lee with udyr(same farm no one got a kill), kennen(kind of a bad lee so i would need another try on that) and lux(yeah i played lux top and i did well but it is kind of a bad pick if you can't land q)
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 1:13pm | Report

Half of those champs lose to Lee Sin top :L
Rumble for example I mentioned in the OP that he loses to Lee Sin.

The rest I'm not so sure but when people say stand behind your creeps and dodge his Q you haven't played against a decent Lee Sin. Also GP never beats Lee Sin
With his sheild he can sheild almost EVERY parley and use his bonus lifesteal to get his HP back. A wriggles or triple dorans and you can Never harrass him out of lane. Also if Lee Sin Does Power Level his Q all he has to do is W to a minion, Q you in the face, Q again then E and slow you to get away.
At level 6 his burst damage is huge, he also almost never loses a 1v1 fight.

Also I didn't say Shyvana was amazing top only that she counters certain lanes that cause problems.
And Garen is a really bad pick top now because he gets beaten by so many champs

That's why i listed them as "Possible" no other champions would logically be able to beat him because of laning issues.

Akali is the one i left out, but people like to beleive that Lee Sin counters Akali.

DuffTime wrote:

There's 2 ways to be a good top lane.

Sustain so you can't be killed.

Burst/harass so your enemy can.

As long as you've got that down, you're golden.

I don't see anyone mentioning Akali, by the way.

I thought they would kill me through the internet :(
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide