Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to keep your farm up late-game?

Creator: Vapora Dark September 10, 2013 4:05am
1 2
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 4:05am | Report
With almost every champion I find it hard to maintain good farm late-game, especially as any role that isn't mid lane. I've occasionally seen ADC's late-game still keeping up with the time of the game in CS, like, 340 CS in 36 minutes or even 34 minutes, and top laners too. How do they do that? When I play those roles I usually head over to my lane when the lane is pushed, take the CS then leave, but even when I do that I can't keep my CS up as well as I could in laning phase. And sometimes due to pressure from the enemy team on mid lane, I can't even go to the lane and clear the large minion wave, I have to let the tower take it. :/

And how do you keep your farm up late-game on a mid laner when literally every member of your team except the support is also taking mid lane's CS? The only champion I can do this with to some extent is Talon because I can clear a full minion wave in 2 buttons so I generally get every minion of the wave, but how am I meant to keep my CS up properly on other champs while sharing mid lane CS with my team?

And yeah I do take jungle camps whenever they're up and if I can take them.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 4:25am | Report
they split push, you should try to also

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 5:07am | Report
^Pretty much this. Just keep farming the side lanes.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 6:44am | Report
As a top laner, I usually have good farm early, but it tends to drop late game (pretty much every screenshot in my ranked thread shows stuff like ~250 cs in ~40 minutes, nothing special). I'd imagine it's easier to keep up farm as a mid laner because of jungle camps. Top doesn't really have anything to get except maybe golems if you're purple side. Once people start roaming, sure, they'll steal some farm, but you should too. Jungle camps, side lanes, doesn't matter. As an AD Carry, I usually just run around to whatever's alive to keep my farm up since I care about it a lot more than when playing top :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 6:58am | Report
rotations.
balance between roams, lane control, etc.
iBluez
<Member>
iBluez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 9:28am | Report
I can barely get 100 cs around min 15, any tips? I can't last hit everything, i AA it either too early either too late. How to stop doing this? -.-
Hi.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 9:29am | Report
Never allow minion waves to fight it out in any lane without champion intervention, especially if you're not getting anything out of your team being together. Figure out where the enemy team is and start split pushing, leaving wards as you disperse. First team to split push and regroup gets a huge advantage because it forces the enemy team into splitting up at a predictable time or risk losing turrets to minions.

A lot of CS goes to waste when two teams have a 5v5 staring contest under inhib tower with no damage being dealt to the turret and no side lanes pushing. When I realized this a couple of months back, I started telling my ranked team to keep up side lane minion management and our lategame farm got a lot better with just a small change in playstyle.

* There are some notable cases in which doing this is a bad idea, typically involving globals and/or Evelynn on the enemy team, or when your team is behind and losing the vision war.

iBluez wrote:

I can barely get 100 cs around min 15, any tips? I can't last hit everything, i AA it either too early either too late. How to stop doing this? -.-

Play bot games or a custom game against Tristana Bot and farm with autoattacks as often as possible. When you have perfect CS in a bot game, your CSing mechanics in a pvp game will also be substantially better.

Also, farm jungle camps if your champion allows it.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
regatto
<Member>
regatto's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 5:19pm | Report
you should've stopped focusing on farming when the laning phase was over and clinched to bring progress into ending the game. anyways, you just get as many camps and shove lanes (in reaction, the enemy has to shove the lane to relieve pressure and be in a contestable and more favorable spot for objectives; rince and repeat but don't push it if you'll end up with weaker scaling).
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 7:20pm | Report
you press da QWER buttons constantly and right click places where there's red on the minimap and stuff
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 8:06pm | Report
step 1: see large blob of red on the minimap
step 2: farm large blob of red
step 3: ????????

that's basically it

what works really nicely is setting up a slow push in one lane and then pushing another

by the time your huge minion wave hits the turret they're going to be forced to engage on you or lose an objective

in either case by the time the fight is over their wave is going to be pushing back AND THAT MEANS you have like 20 creeps to farm in about a minute
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide