Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I Think I Have Found The Way Out of Bronze

Creator: Williaf July 14, 2013 2:18pm
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 8:56pm | Report
Grammar is also OP...

in other news I more questions:

WHat do you do if you are behind?

I recently went Kat vs a Kayle and we pretty much got destroyed. I knew she could poke the **** out of me so I bought MR and Kage's Lucky pick, but I still couldn't win any trades. Her Q jsut chunked 25% of my health every time int eh end we surrendered I was 3/5/5, and Kayle was fed due to our jungler's ill timed ganks, and her catching me out from teh tower.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2013 3:18am | Report
Farm as much as possible and build defensively. Noone can use a damage dealer who is really far behind, but could much rather use someone to die for them. If you are really far behind, tell your jungler he shouldn't gank you because it will result in both of you dying, instead he should be focussing on snowballing the other lanes so they can carry you. Finally, try to make sure he cannot roam (this is hard when you have no lane pressure, though). Try to always throw down a few wards so they know when he roams.

TL;DR: Do anything for your team so they can carry you
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 2:15am | Report
In Bronze people often don't realise that scores don't win games, objectives do. A tower is worth more than 0/12/4 Soraka, and protecting an inhibitor is more important than chasing after a 2/8/9 Udyr.

Being kill***** is bad. Trading yourself for 0/4/4 Graves really isn't worth it when you're on legendary killing spree. In fact, you probably just brought this Graves, and anyone who got an assist back into the game.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 2:18am | Report
That is not only in bronze. Goes for lower silvers as well. I barely see objective oriented play anywhere.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 4:09pm | Report
Alright I think I got the most of it. So in the previous example of Kat posing seven to Kayle I should have just built defense and forgone any AP items.

The concept makes sense but it just makes me not do what I was supposed to do though :/. The team rages at me and GG.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 3:30am | Report
You didn't understand it properly. You rather build semi-defensive items with some utility. For example, abyssal because it helps if your team (if you have multiple ap's) and all such things. Perhaps will of the ancients etc.

The example is kinda odd because kata is a high risk / high reward champ, and if you fall behind you're ****ed anyway. It applies to other champs and roles though (jungle, top) where you have a more flexible item path.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 10:54pm | Report

@OP, you might wanna pick a more viable champion than heimder****er. Not saying it's impossible to climb the ladder with him but mastering him will take more time(and be less rewarding) than some of the other mid champs.

Heim and Teemo are both 50% + w inrate champs. Completely viable.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2013 11:08pm | Report
not saying youre wrong but winrates for champions with low pick rates arnt as reliable as winrates for champions with high pick rates

im all for people using whatever champions they wanna use and what works best for them but winrates arnt that reliable
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 3:51am | Report
Win rates are reliable, the sample size to gather data in this game is enormous, and the rates remain consistent over long periods of time.

Denying the reliability of win rates is of course your right, I will just continue vouching for win rates as an excellent source for figuring out champion strength. I use Lee Sin and have a great win rate with him in Diamond, but I credit that to my play, because he is 47%. My win rate with Tryndamere is a mix of skill and champion power, because his win rate is excellent, around 54%.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2013 4:34am | Report
it also depends on where you look and how deep you look.

Currently Heimer is sporting a consistent 40-40% win rate in Diamond tier ranked (50-55% in Bronze)w which tells me two things: low levels don't know how to deal with heimer properly, like avoidign turrets and bursting him down or whatever... i don't really know either except that first bit, but that just shows my inexperience.

if you look at win rates: the more specific you can be when looking the better the chances are its accurate (I have a 70% win rate with Vi)

and most of my Nidalee stats comes from play ranked 3s... I wish Riot would start distingiushing between the two.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide