Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

If I may say something....

Creator: Electro522 June 19, 2014 9:50pm
1 2
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 9:50pm | Report
I must admit, I've been on MOBAfire for about a week and a half now, and this community, with it coming from another community that is plagued beyond measure with trolls and the like, is surprisingly mature and....should I say....welcoming? Now, am I saying that MOBAfire is troll free? Of course not, there are plenty of them out there, however, you do tend to see a distinct lack of them on here.

I will admit that the number one reason I came onto MOBAfire was to write a guide. I had noticed that I was one of very few people that had played Morde on top, so, I wanted to share something I had found that was surprising viable, and remains to be so after several games.

I first started off reading jhoijhoi's How To Make a Guide.....guide (I don't think I'll get used to that), learned (almost) everything there is to learn about BBCoding, and within a few hours, I had the first version of my guide, which, to say the least, was ok. Only the coding made it look good, but there was no real art in it. After taking a closer look at jhoijhoi's guide, I had found she had linked the sub=forum, the Artist's Corner.

So, I took a look inside, and decided I would ask someone to do a guide overhaul depending on how popular their shop was (or, how many pages of comments their shop had), which, at the time, was LaCorpse's shop. Put in a request, and decided to just wait. However, a specific someone had told me that LaCorpse was not taking orders, and that I might be waiting for quite some time. Turns out this person was an artist herself, and after looking at the absolutely stunning visuals on her -Ascending Nightfall- Diana guide, I figured I would I ask her if she would at least provide the art for my guide overhaul.

I honestly cannot thank Emikadon enough. Normally, you'd be hard pressed to find someone to give you such an introduction to a website/community as Emi did for me. Heck, in order to repay the favor to some degree, I had made a paragraph in my guide strictly devoted to her shop. Plus, not only did she make the art for my Morde guide, she also made the opening picture to my new review shop.

So, you might be asking right about now as to why I am saying all of this. Well, I just realized, just a few hours ago, my Mordekaiser guide, the guide that has been up for less then 2 weeks, is now the Number 1 Morde guide here on MOBAfire. Yes, its mostly due to me (I'm not bragging, I swear), but if it weren't for those 2 people I mentioned, and the community in general, I would not have reached this point in such short of time. If it took me about a month or so to get to this point, then I wouldn't be writing this. But thats just the thing, my guide reached number 1 in less then 2 weeks. I find that astounding to say the least.

Now, I don't want this to look like I am advertising anything, for I know that is against forum rules (which is why I didn't link anything). I am simply making a statement, and a general thanks to this community. I will say, though, that if any of the moderators view this as advertising, feel free to either lock up, or even remove this post.

Anyway, I thank you all for making such a warm welcome to someone relatively new to community websites.
Electro522
Thank you to Emikadon for this sig!
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 10:05pm | Report
Hahahaha!!! I just realized that I missed the "say" in the title. If only I could change the title to this. Oh well!
A thanks to Janitsu for this signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 10:09pm | Report
^^ Keep up that sort of positive attitude and you'll do great here :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 10:12pm | Report
Welcome to mobafire :) We're glad to have you as part of our community
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 10:17pm | Report
The thing about Moba's trolls is that they stay around, and they are right most of the time, despite how much you may disagree with them. But I've never had a question asked that went unanswered, even if the answer to "how do I get better" was "gank more" or "lose less."

These be good people. Expect Moon. Moon is a jerk.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 10:31pm | Report
We don't have too many trolls. Worst we get is condescending ****s, as Kazega pointed out. But usually even those are just trying to help out (I know, right?). Anyway, glad you're liking it here, and welcome. :3
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 10:49pm | Report
Then there are the UK Kitchen trolls. but they went away..... I miss them.... it was fun to troll their threads...
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 1:00am | Report
Sometimes you may catch a part of the community seemingly backlash on someone, but that's usually because that person said "how do I get better" when they actually meant "any moda****a dat disagrees with me is a turd-eating muda****a and I know more than all of you"
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 1:50am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Sometimes you may catch a part of the community seemingly backlash on someone, but that's usually because that person said "how do I get better" when they actually meant "any moda****a dat disagrees with me is a turd-eating muda****a and I know more than all of you"

ooooh. Those are always fun. I wonder who the next shluck that says that next will be. I hope it's me again.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 8:26am | Report
Kazega wrote:

The thing about Moba's trolls is that they stay around
These be good people. Except Moon. Moon is a jerk.

ya just look at me, I've been here like 3.5 years
Quoted for truth

Worst we get is condescending ****s

Well thats quite the promotion

Electro I'd like to give you a nice warm welcome accompanied with a **** you, scrub
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide