Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I'm against Support Abuse. Are you?

Creator: Turbo Punz July 7, 2012 11:44am
1 2 3 4 5 6
(Please read the post before answering) Support need more credit for what they do for the team...
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 12:21pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to bash my support if they blatantly mess up. Like building no GP10 items on support Blitzcrank and building a tear as a first item.

I mean, until they land a perfect grab or something, I'm going to hate them for not warding and then complaining they don't have any money.

100% agree. Oh and if they don't zone with our bush. I yell at them for that.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 12:23pm | Report

100% agree. Oh and if they don't zone with our bush. I yell at them for that.

I have legitimately done this on skype. He pissed me right the **** off.
True love is found only in yourself.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 1:21pm | Report
If ppl would not realize that a support is important you wouldnt see support in the majority of your games, on the other hand it's meta and meta musnt mean its the best play-style just because the pros do it(there are enough examples out there that u the argument "BUT YUKI, THE GUY WITH 9001 ELO DID IT 8D!" is invalid, sleeper OP champs occuring sometimes, the wriggle-debate that people once had.)

Aegis and Shurelias are both very good items, and Aegis is also good on a bruiser or a Tank, even ignoring the aura its so friggin cost-efficent.
Same with Shurelias, enough non-supports buy it.
Nowadays the meta is shifted towards bruisers, but buyin an oracle on a Tank gives him more "aggro", fulfilling is role better.
And if everyone would buy 1-3 Wards everytime they go back (wouldnt hurt em...rly...) the map vision is also secured.

Only debate is the "LET AD-CARRY ALL DA FARM!", well if u give me a mathcrafted 2on2 Situation where on one side Support and AD-Carry last hit and on the other side only AD-Carry last hits while his support only buys wards (and his gold/5 items) and proof that the only ad-carry farm side would emerge victorious...im not sayin its not like that since i dont know myself, just sayin.

TLDR: Support gets appreciated enough, while i main(ed) support myself i dont think its rly needed if the Team would cooperate better.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 7:27am | Report
Actually... Meta means Best.......

Support brings ni damage adcarry does.
Ad-carry has expensive needed items.
Support has cheap not "needed" items
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 9:28am | Report
Quoted:

It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 2:00pm | Report
Out of 120+ games I've played, I've played the Support for at least 80% of it. It really does suck when people are flaming you even though you're really doing your best in keeping them alive and kicking. During my early days, I hardly do well as a Support, but nowadays I can say that I do alright as a Support. In Normals as long as I play Sona, I can guarantee you that you won't die 90% of the time, as long as you don't rush in like an idiot. I can't say the same for Ranked yet though, as I haven't ventured into that area yet.
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 2:52pm | Report
Umm...... Did Animorte just quote his own sig? Anywayz...

META = Most Effective Tactics Available.
There is also Counter-META which includes all weird team comps, but still works.

DEMACIAAA!
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 2:58pm | Report
Well wrath supported me once, he got abused ahuehuehuehue

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 3:06pm | Report
iownedya wrote:

Umm...... Did Animorte just quote his own sig? Anywayz...

META = Most Effective Tactics Available.

Yes he did. :)

Precisely.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide