Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Is Kalista Toxic

Creator: utopus November 20, 2014 11:16pm
24 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
Do you think her kit is broken?
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 11:16pm | Report
I thought i'd be happy with patch #420, but after having to play against Kalista, i'm convinced that her kit is just a better version of release Vayne, or post rework Lucian. What are your guys' thoughts?

I'm not going to play until she gets balanced

EDIT: Apologies for having a similar thread as MyBloodisBlack's - I didn't see his thread, because it was mixed in with some of the forum spammer's threads
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 11:20pm | Report
Yes. CertainlyT strikes again.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 11:50pm | Report
It's too early to call this, I think. Most Kalista players are terrible whilst others just know what they're doing but shrek people who don't know how to play against it. As with every champion, we should wait a few days in order to learn the ins and outs, then pass judgement.

Some call her broken while others call her terrible; I'm just going to sit this one out.
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 12:24am | Report
I wouldn't say shes toxic. Her damage may need to be tuned down a little bit, but not so much as to kill her. Yes, a REALLY good Kalista could potentially be just as mobile as Lucian, or even more so, but, I have found out, just like all the other ADC's, that she is extremely squishy. Just use an equally mobile champ, or someone who can close the gap she will make (I used Diana), and blow her up.

In fact, I would be more concerned about her support, then herself.
The_Nameless_Bard made this sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 12:34am | Report
Am I the only one expecting Kalista to not be viable or to be borderline garbage champion?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 1:25am | Report
I'm kinda with you on that, Joxuu. I figured she'd be bad simply because her DPS seems atrocious.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 4:28am | Report
All I know is I didn't read her tool tips before going into a game and I did not expect to be pulled into her out of nowhere.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 4:42am | Report
Did you like it tho :o

cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 5:56am | Report
After playing four or five games on her I personally have mixed opinions on the champion. I am going to list a few pros and cons that I have noticed with the champion as I do not want to give a definitive opinion on Kalista this early.

Pros:
-amazing kiting built into her kit
-syngergizes with her support to do massive %hp damage in the late-game
-built in slow
-high mobility with her passive
-A scouting ability that acts as a temporary ward when it reaches its destination.
-ranged CC ultimate/ aoe knockup (I smell a Yasuo comp in the mix)

Cons:
-Low base movement speed (325 the lowest movement speed bracket in the game)
-Awkward auto attack animations (something I probably just have to get used to but I personally don't like it)
-Relies heavily on coordination with you support/oathsworn for not only her ultimate but also procing her %hp damage passive (making melee support not work very well with her)
-Scales off of boots and attack speed making her build path quite awkward
-No real escapes
-Q is hard to hit and doesn't pass through targets (if you are behind a minion that can tank the damage you are safe)
-Lacks any true attack steroid
-Ultimate ability takes four seconds to work (meaning you are without a support for four seconds in a team-fight)

I am assuming I have missed some things on this list but this is what I came up with off the top of my head. All in all I think she has a lot of potential when used in coordination with a support that you know/ play together with. There were multiple times that I mistakenly canceled one of my supports abilities when I used them for my ultimate. Also if you are your Oathsworn are not attacking the same target in late game team-fights you miss out on all of Kalista's %hp damage which is her only scaling damage.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 6:08am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
Am I the only one expecting Kalista to not be viable or to be borderline garbage champion?

Well I'd say that she isn't going to be awesome but I think she's viable after some slight tweaks.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide