Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Poppy really that bad?

Creator: I post stuff July 28, 2013 3:29am
1 2 3 4 5 6
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 3:29am | Report
Some people say she's a bad champion, others say she's actually really good at what she's supposed to do but is held back by some weaknesses such as inability to clear waves of minions.

I had some real success playing her in the jungle. Dat E will either result in a kill or a burnt Flash. She clears fast because of the % damage on her Q. Mana probs go away with Spirit Stone and Philo Stone both of which are really cheap.

Late game her damage is stupid.

I've seen some plats around here talking about using her vs some top laners also.

So did I just get lucky with a few good matches or she really isn't that bad?
I don't play LoL anymore.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 4:01am | Report
She gets a better waveclear with tiamat if you build her ad, or frozen gauntlet, but she has a great trouble against many in lane. She is fun though and has a lategame almost equal to or same as jax!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 4:10am | Report
AP poppy has the highest single-target burst possible, which is completely insane. Point is, it's incredibly hard to get there. She lacks waveclear and her mana issues are enormous.

Her passive and R are completely broken but it's all hard to use. In top lane, she can perform well but both Red Buff and Spirit of the Elder Lizard and other sources from true damage completely bypass her passive which can make it very hard for her.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 4:17am | Report
I remember Spammhappy which plays Poppy at top lane. He focuses onto armor to get pretty much unkillable early. Later, he goes for Trinity Force and such.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 4:21am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

I remember Spammhappy which plays Poppy at top lane. He focuses onto armor to get pretty much unkillable early. Later, he goes for Trinity Force and such.

I know he used to, but I don't think he still does that ****.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 4:27am | Report
I also found that guide: http://www.lolking.net/guides/14776 looks interesting.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 5:12am | Report
Poppy just has problems with that kit.
Too hard to have a consistent early ~ mis game with that kind of a kit.
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 5:23am | Report
Heroic Charge seems bugged to me though. Sometimes when I charge someone it stuns me instead, so I get stuck in one place for a while unable to attack or move. I got stuck in a wall for a little while on several occasions too.

Devastating Blow is insaly powerful imo, it actually seems to deal the same damage as smite, if not more, on jungle creeps.

I'm starting to really like jungle Poppy but then again, I might just be getting lucky with enemy teams.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 5:26am | Report
Poppy is amazingly item dependant. If you can get some kills early game, you can do crazy things with her. If you have a very passive early game where nothing is happening (except farming and harassment), Poppy probably will lose.

She gets harassed and zoned very easily, she can't harass back very easily since she has high mana costs and since she gets zoned easily, she can't farm well either. In the jungle, Poppy just has a slow clear time.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 6:43am | Report
Item dependent indeed.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide