Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Poppy really that bad?

Creator: I post stuff July 28, 2013 3:29am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 7:10am | Report
Well, as bot lane adc, like proposed in that guide at my last post, she wouldn't have the problem of item dependency, as it would be basically the same like the other adc. Her armor is really high for an adc and that together with her passive makes her tough to deal with. And who is gonna beat a lategame, farmed Poppy?
He is gonna kill you!!!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 7:30am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, as bot lane adc, like proposed in that guide at my last post, she wouldn't have the problem of item dependency, as it would be basically the same like the other adc. Her armor is really high for an adc and that together with her passive makes her tough to deal with. And who is gonna beat a lategame, farmed Poppy?

She still can be outzoned easily be auto attack harassments
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 7:53am | Report
Yeah, she can be harassed, but it isn't that effective since her passive and w.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 8:02am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Yeah, she can be harassed, but it isn't that effective since her passive and w.

Yes, but a lot of times just a little bit of damage is still a lot of damage.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 8:32am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

In the jungle, Poppy just has a slow clear time.

I used to think this as well but her speed seems almost Mundo-like because of % dmg of Devastating Blow. She's definitely faster than some top tier junglers on her first clear. That Q starts hitting creeps as hard as Smite rather quickly.

Spirit Stone+ Philosopher's stone solves the mana probs. Still need sustain? Get Crystalline Flask, it costs nothing.

I think her damage is fine without any damage items, and simply superb with Sheen.

You can't really kill her in the jungle either because of her passive and speed boost from W. But then again, I could be overrating her after getting lucky with enemy teams.
I don't play LoL anymore.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 10:01am | Report
Poppy was lately also added on stonewalls list.

Well, he says she is just garbage.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 11:19am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Bot lane is a 2v2 against mostly a ranged support + AD pair. Against any competent players you're going to be their ***** and have about 20 CS 10 minutes in. Your passive doesn't help because you're taking 2x the same amount of poke, or even more since they're ranged, than what you would take at top.

W doesn't help either since most supports do magic damage and Poppy's base MR is ****.

I think Poppy is underestimated ATM, or that people exaggerate how weak she is.

Quoted:
I used to think this as well but her speed seems almost Mundo-like because of % dmg of Devastating Blow. She's definitely faster than some top tier junglers on her first clear. That Q starts hitting creeps as hard as Smite rather quickly.

She isn't fast at all.

Mundo is fast because he has a HUGE damage steroid on E, CONSTANT AoE with no cool down on W, and UNCAPPED damage on Q. Poppy has a slight damage increase on W, high base damage on a skill that you don't level up first, and capped damage on Q.

Q does eventually outdamage Smite, I give you that, but that's because Smite scales with level and stops after a certain point, level 18, while Q scales off minion max health + it's increased by 30% with a Spirit Stone upgrade.

Also, invading Poppy in the jungle is stupid. There are a billion walls for her to ram you into.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 11:35am | Report
If you want to do a **** load of damage as an 'anti carry' there are pretty much better options, like Kha, Zed, Talon, etc who are a lot safer pick because while they can be shut down, it's much harder to do so, and much easier for them to get back in the game. Not to mention League itself has changed, granted I haven't watched a lot of pro tournaments and what not but the metagame seems to lend itself to more fast paced games that end a lot quicker, meaning Poppy doesn't have enough time to farm up and win the game. In solo queue you're a lot more likely to get farmed up, but even then you might be better off picking someone like Talon, since it's also a lot more likely in solo queue that your team won't be able to capitalize off of you killing that one really fed person on their team.

I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 1:59pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:
I think Poppy is underestimated ATM, or that people exaggerate how weak she is.

This. I completely agree.

Quoted:
She isn't fast at all.

Mundo is fast because he has a HUGE damage steroid on E, CONSTANT AoE with no cool down on W, and UNCAPPED damage on Q. Poppy has a slight damage increase on W, high base damage on a skill that you don't level up first, and capped damage on Q.

I agree, she's not as fast as Mundo, but she's not slow either.

When I wanted to jungle her for the first time a friend of mine was literally like "Dude, she's the slowest jungler evuhr don't even think about it".

She isn't though. Her speed goes from "not bad at all" to "woah, holy ****" pretty quickly.

Quoted:
Also, invading Poppy in the jungle is stupid. There are a billion walls for her to ram you into.

Yep, can't invade her. Dunno why people try to do it, and even write that on forums. I've seen people go "she's prone to early invades that shut her down" which is untrue - she's tanky, she's fast and jungle is the worst place to fight her in.
I don't play LoL anymore.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 2:21pm | Report
Well, but which build you use if you are jungling? I would say she needs a good amount of AS, as she already has a free AD steroid. This means as marks are kinda like a must. For masteries I will definitly use my 9/0/21 masteries, as these masteries help best for bonus gold and exp to scale into lategame. Also Poppy needs the MS badly. And she has 0 sustain, so Vampirism is gonna fix that.

As for buildiwse, Poppy also has many options. But every option costs so damn high amounts of gold...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide