Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Poppy really that bad?

Creator: I post stuff July 28, 2013 3:29am
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 2:50pm | Report
I can't find the original thread about it, but Poppy with 12 points in utility for Vampirism , Spell Vamp Quints, and Spectral Wraith is the way to jungle her since Spell Vamp works with Q.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 2:51pm | Report
I run 21/9/0 (taking both penetration types) for more damage, damage reduction from jungle and faster clear speed. Flat AD marks because Q scales 1:1 from AD, standard jungle Seals/Glyphs and MS Quints because she needs that MS to make full use of E.

Core (sort of): Spirit of the Ancient Golem Ninja Tabi philosopher's stone Sheen - with that my damage and survivability become stupid.

I also get Crystalline Flask for more sustain.
I don't play LoL anymore.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 8:56pm | Report
I've seen some people do poppy jungle. It actually worked pretty well!
I was playing ashe ADC, and i always got killed by poppy late game and there was nothing i could do - always the same thing. Ult the support, Paragon of Demacia in, 2 shot me :P
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 2:11am | Report
But what to build aftewards? There are 2 Sheen items to consider, Trinity Force and Iceborn Gauntlet. You can also choose between going either full damage with items like Blade of the Ruined King, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer,... or defense with Sunfire Aegis, Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen, Warmog's Armor...
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 3:38am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

But what to build aftewards? There are 2 Sheen items to consider, Trinity Force and Iceborn Gauntlet. You can also choose between going either full damage with items like Blade of the Ruined King, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer,... or defense with Sunfire Aegis, Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen, Warmog's Armor...

Afterwards I go for Trinity Force. Even though it's expensive, all of the stats benefit Poppy rather well, plus its Spellblade is stronger. After that I got for Hextech Gunblade for chasing power, sustain and damage.

Then, I usually build Guardian Angel and Guinsoo's Rageblade/ Infinity Edge/ Randuin's Omen/ Warmog's Armor etc. Final item choices largely depend on what the enemy team has and how the match is going
I don't play LoL anymore.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 9:23am | Report
I got destroyed by a poppy with DFG
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 9:31am | Report
^ i know that feel bro.

Sig made by elenah
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 9:39am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Poppy is amazingly item dependant. If you can get some kills early game, you can do crazy things with her.

In the jungle, Poppy just has a slow clear time.

I disagree with both points. I think she's pretty item independent. With just boots 2 + philo + (either trinity force or DFG) you can make gigantic plays late game. More items helps, but comboing properly is more important than items.

Poppy's clear is actually faster than some dedicated junglers like WW.

Try poppy support. Flash, slam them into a wall, ignite, go for a kill at level 2. Make sure your adc is on board.

But yeah, poppy is held back as a laner mostly by her mana costs, low mobility, and low impact in the lane phase. The only thing holding poppy back is if your opponent knows how to deal with a poppy. If they never stand near a wall, poke you and waveclear hard into your tower, you will lose. Your only play if you get a jungle gank is usually to flash+stun them into a wall. This works suprising well in mid.

I made an account called PoppyonlyNA. Got to 30, played a lot of poppy, didn't work out so well. I think her best roles in order are; support>jungle>mid>top, with top being a distant last place.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 9:43am | Report

I disagree with both points. I think she's pretty item independent. With just boots 2 + philo + (either trinity force or DFG) you can make gigantic plays late game. More items helps, but comboing properly is more important than items.

Poppy's clear is actually faster than some dedicated junglers like WW.

Try poppy support. Flash, slam them into a wall, ignite, go for a kill at level 2. Make sure your adc is on board.

But yeah, poppy is held back as a laner mostly by her mana costs, low mobility, and low impact in the lane phase. The only thing holding poppy back is if your opponent knows how to deal with a poppy. If they never stand near a wall, poke you and waveclear hard into your tower, you will lose. Your only play if you get a jungle gank is usually to flash+stun them into a wall. This works suprising well in mid.

I made an account called PoppyonlyNA. Got to 30, played a lot of poppy, didn't work out so well. I think her best roles in order are; support>jungle>mid>top, with top being a distant last place.

Yeah true. I've played her for a while as ap mid, works decent. Slow start but once you've got yourself a DFG you're wrecking faces.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 9:50am | Report
I don't know if im the only one but another thing that holds people from even trying out Poppy is her champion concept...even if her kit is good, everytime I try her I get bored after 1-2 games.
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide