Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is this what ELO Hell is like?

Creator: Pwnzor1130 April 3, 2011 3:49pm
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 7:50pm | Report
Just played a game against a gangplank as Akali today. Guess what happened? I push. Gangplank deny makes me push. I don't do anything but last hit minions and the lane still pushes. GP harasses harder than i do at level 3 so I use my stealth constantly. Sadly, he can still harass me when it goes away and I really can't do much because i can't blink to him. I end up calling for a gank and Udyr runs in when GP is right next to the turret. Udyr then leaves right after that and GP goes back to denying me farm and making me push. At this point i ask to switch, so i run to bot and ask for one of them to take top. Guess what? Nobody goes top. I have to run all the way back because nobody says anything or even leaves their lane. So I go back to being denied, get ganked once because I am CONSTANTLY overextended and my ward just went down. At this point I'm way behind on farm and I'm underfed. Of course we lose, and all the blame goes on me. Hooray!

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 7:55pm | Report
What I recommend with any character against a Gangplank solo lane:

If your lane isn't up to his turret, push it. Autoattack minions, do damage to them, but still try to secure CS. As Akali, who doesn't rely on mana, that should be easy.

When your minions push to his turret, his wave will have to push back. Sometimes a ball of his minions will push out to halfway across the lane, maybe even more, regardless of how hard he denies. Since GP is so weak early on, you can punish him with harassment and probably zone him out as well.

Early game GP is also very mana hungry, meaning that the more he uses Parrley, he'll have a harder time keeping his health up and denying. Harass with your Q constantly, avoiding turret hits, and try to take his Parrley shots. If you know you're going against GP, start with Cloth Armor+5 pots if you have to, or Doran's Shield.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 8:00pm | Report
The only problem is that his minions wouldn't push for some reason. I didn't last hit because it was next to the turret with no tank minions and our minions would STILL push :\.

Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 8:41pm | Report
Another game! Another loss! Why? Two leavers!

PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 8:46pm | Report
1000 ELO sucks. I'm doing a test right now on a smurf, going to drop myself to 900s and see if I can carry my way up to at least 1300+. that way I can debunk any myths about not being able to get out of hell.
Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 8:58pm | Report
ELO hell is when you finally get to play rammus/amumu/shen/malphite and your team goes on to pick GP, Jax, Singed, and Teemo. A who's who of mediocre team champions.

You can tank them, but your team can't do anything to them.

"Lets stand in maokai's ult and spam parrlay!"

"Why am I dead?"
"Thats a paddlin'"
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 9:23pm | Report
Lol! Another game where the team is 8-16 where i go 0-0-5 until the very end because teemo stole every kill and did nothing with them. Sion was so fed he took out half my HP with a single stun.

Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 9:27pm | Report
I feel so useless. It's like I went from being in MENSA to being sent to a "special" school. I regularly got huge K/D/A in normals and now all i get is feeders. In fact, in normals they weren't this bad. The nocturne in the last game failed at jungle so hard he was level 2 when i was level 5 and bot was level 4!

Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 9:32pm | Report

What I recommend with any character against a Gangplank solo lane:

If your lane isn't up to his turret, push it. Autoattack minions, do damage to them, but still try to secure CS. As Akali, who doesn't rely on mana, that should be easy.

When your minions push to his turret, his wave will have to push back. Sometimes a ball of his minions will push out to halfway across the lane, maybe even more, regardless of how hard he denies. Since GP is so weak early on, you can punish him with harassment and probably zone him out as well.

Early game GP is also very mana hungry, meaning that the more he uses Parrley, he'll have a harder time keeping his health up and denying. Harass with your Q constantly, avoiding turret hits, and try to take his Parrley shots. If you know you're going against GP, start with Cloth Armor+5 pots if you have to, or Doran's Shield.

Oh, I forgot to mention the two faerie charms that he had, so that he never based while I was laning except right after the Nunu gank. I lost health and he harassed me forever while my mark did almost 0 damage to him.

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 10:33pm | Report
PFP wrote:

1000 ELO sucks. I'm doing a test right now on a smurf, going to drop myself to 900s and see if I can carry my way up to at least 1300+. that way I can debunk any myths about not being able to get out of hell.

you're a bit late to the party with that whole debunking thing

camera went from 0 elo to 1800
jiji carried numerous smurfs from 1000~1200 to 2k
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide