Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is this what ELO Hell is like?

Creator: Pwnzor1130 April 3, 2011 3:49pm
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 1:21am | Report
Pwnzor1130 wrote:

Just played a game against a gangplank as Akali today. Guess what happened? I push. Gangplank deny makes me push. I don't do anything but last hit minions and the lane still pushes. GP harasses harder than i do at level 3 so I use my stealth constantly. Sadly, he can still harass me when it goes away and I really can't do much because i can't blink to him. I end up calling for a gank and Udyr runs in when GP is right next to the turret. Udyr then leaves right after that and GP goes back to denying me farm and making me push. At this point i ask to switch, so i run to bot and ask for one of them to take top. Guess what? Nobody goes top. I have to run all the way back because nobody says anything or even leaves their lane. So I go back to being denied, get ganked once because I am CONSTANTLY overextended and my ward just went down. At this point I'm way behind on farm and I'm underfed. Of course we lose, and all the blame goes on me. Hooray!

heh, thats a bit bad on your part.. the best counter to gankplank's denying is by auto attacking minions and just pushing like crazy.. he will be under heavy pressure since ur minions will target him and the turret... it is also wise to ward places where enemy champs can gank you.. the gap inbetween the river for example. Easy simple tactics to counter gankplank :P
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 7:25am | Report
yeah jet I just want to see if I can do it. Those people aren't normal, they are top pros.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 8:59am | Report
That sounds like a typical Normal game.

You're not in ELO Hell until you find games with 1~3 leaver, and idiots who will say "ubad" to perfectly good advice like "Cmon, we need to ward baron"

Also, your K/D/A score isn't always evidence you're good. It's how well you interact with your team. :3
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 3:03pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

That sounds like a typical Normal game.

You're not in ELO Hell until you find games with 1~3 leaver, and idiots who will say "ubad" to perfectly good advice like "Cmon, we need to ward baron"

Also, your K/D/A score isn't always evidence you're good. It's how well you interact with your team. :3

That is all true. @ Thread Starter, I can jump on with you if you would like.
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 3:40pm | Report

After reading this I have gone on a 4 game win streak in ranked :O Everyone has gotta read this! It helped me realize that if I want to progress higher in ELO, I need to take on more of a leadership role.

Also have a quick tip on the bans if you are blessed with the role of team captain. The 6 champions I see banned most often in the elo range I am currently in is Noct, Rammus, Amumu, Zil, Shen, and Malphite. This is because these champions stomp pretty hard in this ELO. If you are second ban this means you are first pick. If you are good at ANY of these champions (get good with one of them at least) don't ban them!!! Since you have first pick you will be able to get that champion. Also I would recommend just buying a couple of these guys for the hell of it and picking one for a team mate to play(ask your team if they can play the champion before ban phase is over) If you are first/last ban... You better be pretty damn sure Shen and Noct get banned before banning anyone else. Personally, in this ELO if I had all 4 bans I would ban Noct, Zil, Shen, Amumu.

I play a pretty mean jungle Rammus and Amumu. It's likely one of these guys gets banned first, so I just won't ban the other and 9 times out of 10 with first pick I end up being able to get one of the two. I also ask my team if anyone can play Shen well and if the answer is yes I don't ban him, first pick him and trade with the guy who wanted him.

I feel that having second ban first pick is a huge advantage and I have been able to dictate the ban phase and have a nice advantage instantly at the start of the game.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 5:44pm | Report
I should stop playing Corki I guess. 8/5 doesn't matter when your team gets stomped by the MF that scales harder than i do :\. Also, Blitz tank fail.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 5:46pm | Report
Corki just needs to farm and he wins. Excellent at poking wars, high DPS, strong in 1v1s against ranged carries, built-in escape mechanism, and not even I-Edge reliant.
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 5:51pm | Report
Corki is a great champion and as Jebus McAzn pointed out a very strong 1v1'r.

and yeah, thats ELO Hell... part of it :D
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 5:51pm | Report
Sadly, we were getting stomped by their Sion too hard to have a poking fight. They were tanky and had too much burst that with blitz not having control of the fight prevented me from getting to MF safely. If I could single her out I won against her most of the time. The only problem was that Sion and Nasus would dive straight for Anivia and Sona with Blitz not being able to prevent anything. Needs moar CC I think. I couldn't get close because that shield took down half of my health XD.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2011 5:54pm | Report
The thing with AP Sion that not a lot of people realize is that if you focus him and pop his shield, 80% of his damage is gone and he's extremely squishy afterward.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide