Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Is your favorite champion well designed?

Creator: OTGBionicArm November 10, 2014 5:49pm
SbarnotLayak
<Member>
SbarnotLayak's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 10:48am | Report
My favorite champ is Blitzcrank.

Lore : Well, he is just a robot that somehow got life. There is nothng incredible about this. The point I like the most about his lore is that it shows Zaun in a bit of a different light compared to say, Dr Mundo (madman who wants to create the perfect killer), Viktor (became an emotionless machine, want to go Terminator on Runeterra), Singed (pulverise entire cities with chemicals)...

Apprearance : I love it ! He's a big friendly bot and it shows ! But for some reason, his rework included spikes... and it would be nice if he had a running animation. When I activate Overdrive, he simply looks like he is walking fast, and that's kinda dumb.

Kit : I am an unraked player so it's not like my opinion about his kit matters, but I know that his Grab is probably the most controversial aspect about Blitz. There is always a lot of people claiming that a Blitz without his grab is completely useless, and that landing a grab at level 3 to get an early kill is overkill. But I guess that if Blitz isn't seen as a Tier 1 champ as support, it probably means that the skill is balanced enough right now.

As for me, I simply love the potential to still matter in the game even if I have had a bad laning phase. Being able to turn a 2/20 into a victory simply by being able to pick this lone assassin really helps.

The rest of his kit is good enough for me, not to mention that each skill can combo with each other. There is a lot of things you can do with him even if you miss your grab. The only thing I can complain about is that if you don't build some damage items, your kit doesn't do much damage but support Blitz can't afford them, so you end up simply giving cc in a fight - even Nami or Sona can do some damage compared to him.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 11:16am | Report
My favorite champion is Nidalee

I know nothing about her lore, quite frankly League of Legends lore is ****ty and terribly inconsistent

Gameplay: no I don't think she's well designed. Before people complained that she was too toxic, landing a spear could decide the game, there was certainly some truth to that, though I disagree it was toxic. However I think the new nidalee is far worse for nidalee player, the problem I have is she feels clunky and blocky. Before she felt so smooth, now she just feels awkward. A lot of her damage in cougar form comes from human form, you have to land a spear or your opponent has to be stupid enough to walk over a trap, it feels terrible

I was someone who continued to play bruiser nidalee even after she fell off in s2, before they reworked her, yet I prefer the old nidalee for bruiser nidalee as opposed to this new one, even though she is probably better as a bruiser top post-rework than she was pre-rework, which I think says a lot about how clunky and terrible her kit feels

Personally I think Zed is probably my favorite and imo the most well designed champion
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 11:41am | Report
Favorite champion: Karma

Lore: I don't entirely dislike her lore, but I do think it could have been much better

Appearance: She looked more the part pre-rework. I dislike the fact that Riot took one of the few female champions who was actually decently covered and said "hey, this dress feels impractical, let's have her show more skin instead (because that's somehow more practical?)".

gameplay: I think Karma is mostly pretty good. The lack of power spike at level 6 isn't great. I feel like the rework removed most of the skill from her though, which kind of annoys me. As a general statement, I feel the rework changed her in ways that were largely unnecessary and she could have been made balanced with a lot less massive changes to her kit. The funniest thing is that, overall, it didn't really make her significantly more popular.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 11:45am | Report
It definitely made her more popular tho. I remember before that she was lower than Urgot tier (Less than 1% pick rate) in use. Now she's sitting at a modest 5%.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 11:47am | Report
That's still basically not at all though, which was kind of my point.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 11:55am | Report
In this game that's surprisingly about mid level popularity. I'm not even exaggerating that.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 1:50pm | Report
I liked Karma before her rework, but I like her even more now. She's definitely one of my favorite champions
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 2:45pm | Report
My favorite champion is Irelia, but honestly, I'm not sure whether I should say yes or no.

As an Irelia player, I love the reset mechanic on her Q and I really like the way her E works, too. I feel like her kit makes her a great champion for players who are new to top lane as it makes her good at last hitting, trading and controlling the position of creep waves. At the same time, she also has a very high skill cap as I can definitely feel myself getting better and better at her the more I play her. Make no mistake about it, playing this champion is great.

Having said that, playing against her is frustrating. Going even against her early on is generally not enough because of how well she scales with levels and items, and even in lanes in which you're ahead against her she will still start bursting you hard once she picks up a Sheen. Obviously you should try to stay away from low hp minions so she doesn't easily get in range to stun you while still having another dash up, but at times I still feel like there isn't enough counterplay to her playstyle/combo. For example, I played Lissandra against her earlier today, and even though I used my W on her immediately every time she'd get close by dashing to a minion / me, I would still get chunked to ~30% HP almost instantly because of her stun and follow-up damage of W/R.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 2:55pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
Zyra:

Lore, well... She has no real reason or motivation for joining league, but I feel like a stale old plant given a new form of life to experience the world through a new body, in a more risky way with no second chances at life does fit her character well enough.

Appearence wise, I really like the classic model if only it wasn't so... skimpy? I love the splash though. Can't say much skin wise, but I do like undead zyra (or whatever her name was) over fire elf zyra (lel skinnames)

Voice is really, really nice.

-snip-

I'm indeed a fanboy and enjoy playing zyra a ton 8)

Pretty much this.

The only things I can bother to complain about on Zyra is that her lore is... boring. At least Ahri seems driven by a desire to listen to her conscience, Zyra just became a mobile vessel and decided to use it to... they never told us.

And her passive is kind of useless. Even when I can get a revenge kill/assist every other death, it feels more like a consolation prize for how easily she dies. Even after a full item build, she's dangerously squishy with no sustain or defenses besides for a peel and straight-up out-trading opponents, some of the time you just have to resign in the hopes of being able to send one last thorn their way.

Jinx is perfect. Despite her overloaded kit, it's rounded nicely, and it's surprisingly easy to balance her. Her personality is her greatest charm.
If you want to help me, teach me.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2014 9:33pm | Report
There is something magical about having a no-mana cost ulti before level 6. I think karma is quite well designed, kit-wise. Although that may just be because I like champions that have abilities that incentivize you to autoattack in between casting spells.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide