Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Is your favorite champion well designed?

Creator: OTGBionicArm November 10, 2014 5:49pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
ThreadOfFate
<Member>
ThreadOfFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2014 8:22am | Report
Super long range poke ability that makes Nidalee cry? CHECK.
Slows and AoE damage for initiating? CHECK.
Melee AND ranged whenever he wants? DONE.
AoE speed buff + thing that makes his poke worse? SURE.
Everything scales off AD, meaning you can have all that AND good right clicks too? WHY NOT???

Rito ples.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 6:46pm | Report
I got to say my favourite is Soraka and I got to admit her new skills are not as good as her previous ones in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong they are cool but I just feel that Riot succumbed to unnecessary pressure from fans who didn't even care about her and changed her abilities to give her more CC which she just wasn't about.

I mean she was unique because she was the only champion who could replenish mana, no other champion provided that and they took it away from her :( and the new healing system on her sucks - She cant heal herself unless she lands her Starcall and she is drained of HP in order to heal others which is just terrible.

and her Q, Starcall has been totally ruined because the original was simple and it was awesome, you did damage and you slowly cut down the enemies Magic Resist which made them more prone to AP damage especially from Soraka but they changed that to a one off hit that if its hit healed you however its like watching a snail coming down and is so easy to be dodged or miss.

I am sure that some people love the new and "improved" Soraka but I for one think the old Soraka was the best soraka no doubts
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2014 2:34am | Report
Soraka was, is and always will be a healbot. She was boring then and is boring now, with the aggravation that before you could try to heal your lane and end up healing a minion or you tried to silence a Katarina and ended up giving mana to someone else. She's still pretty boring but her field silence is amazing.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2014 3:13am | Report
I got to say my favourite is Soraka and I got to admit her new skills are not as good as her previous ones in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong they are cool but I just feel that Riot succumbed to unnecessary pressure from fans who didn't even care about her and changed her abilities to give her more CC which she just wasn't about.

I mean she was unique because she was the only champion who could replenish mana, no other champion provided that and they took it away from her :( and the new healing system on her sucks - She cant heal herself unless she lands her Starcall and she is drained of HP in order to heal others which is just terrible.

and her Q, Starcall has been totally ruined because the original was simple and it was awesome, you did damage and you slowly cut down the enemies Magic Resist which made them more prone to AP damage especially from Soraka but they changed that to a one off hit that if its hit healed you however its like watching a snail coming down and is so easy to be dodged or miss.

I am sure that some people love the new and "improved" Soraka but I for one think the old Soraka was the best soraka no doubts

Uh, perhaps you are confusing what is well-designed and what is something you like.

Soraka was reworked not because she was awfully bad or incredibly good, but because she possessed a lot of mechanics that were broken. Not broken as in overpowered, broken as in that they don't work and shouldn't be in the game. Her Starcall was the major offender. It was a rather dull and thoughtless ability that had no counterplay to it other than stay out of range. If you're melee, then there really is nothing you can do other than to tank it like a man. Her reworked Starcall removes this. It's a skillshot, meaning that you can actually dodge it. Not only is it more satisfying when you do land it, but it's no longer just a mindless ability where you just spam Q as fast as you can.

Astral Transfusion Astral Infusion is much more fair. Not only does it reward you for actively trying to poke the enemy, something that you should aim to do as any support, but it now actually has a fair trade off. You are giving your health to someone else, meaning that you no longer promote a passive lane phase with your ridiculous heals, and instead there are drawbacks if you are just going to be healing whenever it's up. In combat situations as well, there's actually a fair option. Your carry can still heal for a ridiculous amount, but now the enemies can turn to you instead. This is a fair trade off.

Soraka now has an interactive passive in the form of Astral Ambulance, I mean Salvation. Her previous iterations really didn't affect her playstyle, but now she has a passive which actually impacts how she will play out in game.

Her previous kit was abused heavily, causing her to be a frustrating mid or top laner. It was not because she was particularly good, it's that she had many things that were easily abused and flat-out toxic for the metas within those lanes. Even in support, she had to be heavily suppressed because if she were exceptionally good, then she would be too good and have to be nerfed, much like Poppy's current situation.

This was a topic that has been spoken about. A lot of the times, when they rework champions, the thing that people are attached to the most are the things that are broken about a champion. People were sad about Talon losing his silence, but it was a necessary change in terms of game health in order to allow sufficient counterplay to his instant burst. Same goes with Soraka. They fixed the things that really shouldn't be in her kit, and overall, they've made a better Soraka for the game's health.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
ri]
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2014 5:08am | Report
Wellworded, buddha; +rep
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 9:45am | Report
Good lord, I love Nautilus. I'm not even sure why, but if I had to guess it'd be because of his anchor. I'm no ocean-aficionado, or a general lover of anchors... that is until I saw Nautilus. My friend wouldn't stop bugging me about League and how cool it is and when Jinx's trailer came out I thought she was pretty interesting, but goodness gracious. I listen to Naut's soundbites occasionally on the wiki just so I can hear his voice; it makes me squeal! ~ <3 I think his character design is pretty good, his hitbox is larger than he is (watch a nautilus get rooted by Lux or Morgana, he's practically a 6 feast-stacked Cho). His kit, however, is debatable. First post I ever made was to see what others felt about him and reviews were mixed. No one really said he was a horrible jungler, but more so that other junglers did much better of a job. While is kit is great for ganking and decent for camp taking outside of the woods he's not all that helpful. Nautilus support's fine but a Thresh hook or a Blitz grab leads into way more damage than an anchor does. Naut does require alot of items to be tanky, but once he gets his full build he is a force to be reckoned with. Toward the end of the game his W is a ~700 hp shield every 10 seconds.

Do I think he's well designed?
I can't really answer that. I have far too much bias.
Eyy
Rawesomacher
<Member>
Rawesomacher's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 11:00am | Report
My favorite champion in any moba game I've played in the 8 years I've played the genre is Anivia.

In my opinion she is an incredibly designed champion, I could care less about her lore, but she also has the benefit of being a bird so...

Anyways, her kit is extremely cohesive and self-reliant, which I love. Her abilities and champion design in general is heavily influenced towards controlling the pace and position of teamfights, making her a very powerful pick in a teamfight oriented team. She has one of the best farming abilities in the game which allows her to both defend a siege extremely well and farm better than many other AP mids. Her outplay potential is almost second to none, the versatility of her wall, Q, and ultimate with the heavy burst of her E allow her to be one of the most punishing traders and laners in the game. Her passive is fairly good, but is most useful in educating an anivia player about proper positioning; it wont save you unless the enemy had to dive either through your team or tower to activate it, which is precisely the position that Anivia needs to be in to play at her most effective. This is all supplemented by the heavy burst of her E, which has an effective 1:1 AP Ratio and an extremely low cooldown, making it one of the most powerful offensive non-ultimate skills in the game.

I honestly don't see alot of anivia players, I feel that she is and always has been for the most part an underplayed and under appreciated pick. She fits well into almost any lineup, has very few counters if played properly, and has incredible presence at all stages of the game.

On a personal note, I would just like to add that I dislike people flaming me for not using flash on Anivia. She has the lowest base MS in the game, meaning that in most scenarios where you need to flash to survive, you won't survive anyways. Post-6 she can farm a lane in complete safety, so escaping a lane gank is inconsequential since you should never be playing very aggressive as an early anivia anyways unless you know you can outplay your opponent. Essentially, flash is a get-out-of-jail-free card for a player with bad positioning and the periodic offensive utility, and I feel as though the mindset granted by having it is detrimental to good Anivia play, which centers heavily around positioning and team awareness (for both teams).
/endrant

<3 Anivia.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 5:09pm | Report
My favorite champion in any moba game I've played in the 8 years I've played the genre is Anivia.

In my opinion she is an incredibly designed champion, I could care less about her lore, but she also has the benefit of being a bird so...

Anyways, her kit is extremely cohesive and self-reliant, which I love. Her abilities and champion design in general is heavily influenced towards controlling the pace and position of teamfights, making her a very powerful pick in a teamfight oriented team. She has one of the best farming abilities in the game which allows her to both defend a siege extremely well and farm better than many other AP mids. Her outplay potential is almost second to none, the versatility of her wall, Q, and ultimate with the heavy burst of her E allow her to be one of the most punishing traders and laners in the game. Her passive is fairly good, but is most useful in educating an anivia player about proper positioning; it wont save you unless the enemy had to dive either through your team or tower to activate it, which is precisely the position that Anivia needs to be in to play at her most effective. This is all supplemented by the heavy burst of her E, which has an effective 1:1 AP Ratio and an extremely low cooldown, making it one of the most powerful offensive non-ultimate skills in the game.

I honestly don't see alot of anivia players, I feel that she is and always has been for the most part an underplayed and under appreciated pick. She fits well into almost any lineup, has very few counters if played properly, and has incredible presence at all stages of the game.

On a personal note, I would just like to add that I dislike people flaming me for not using flash on Anivia. She has the lowest base MS in the game, meaning that in most scenarios where you need to flash to survive, you won't survive anyways. Post-6 she can farm a lane in complete safety, so escaping a lane gank is inconsequential since you should never be playing very aggressive as an early anivia anyways unless you know you can outplay your opponent. Essentially, flash is a get-out-of-jail-free card for a player with bad positioning and the periodic offensive utility, and I feel as though the mindset granted by having it is detrimental to good Anivia play, which centers heavily around positioning and team awareness (for both teams).
/endrant

<3 Anivia.

Flash isn't just for rectifying ****ups, it's downright necessary to defend yourself against any mobile threat that you can't 1-shot. If you're repeatedly being targetted by the enemy Vi during team-fights, how are you going to get away without using Flash, or just hoping that your team will kill the enemy team before they manage to kill you?

And don't you dare say that Vi can only target you if you have bad positioning. The only way she can't target you is if you're permanently standing far enough away from the enemy team that you can't damage them ever, making your team essentially 4v5.

+ something as simple as Flash Frostbite to kill someone who was out of your range can win you a game
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 9:16pm | Report
^

Idd, not having Flash is like saying "Hi, I'm a free kill if you gank me, jungler". Going no flash with Anivia might work in low elo but if you do it in higher elo you will for sure get camped and the enemy will farm kills on you.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide