Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jungler wants to gank but you have a whole...

Creator: VexRoth July 24, 2015 10:19am
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 10:19am | Report
So quite often (low Silver here), I'll have a jungler or a mid laner that comes in for a roam/gank and I'm setting in front of a full minion wave.

So what is an ADC to do? Drop trying to CS and go join in on the roam/gank or tell them to back off if they will listen?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 10:25am | Report
VexRoth wrote:
So quite often (low Silver here), I'll have a jungler or a mid laner that comes in for a roam/gank and I'm setting in front of a full minion wave.

So what is an ADC to do? Drop trying to CS and go join in on the roam/gank or tell them to back off if they will listen?

Well, odds are that when you're done farming there's already another wave on the way :^)

But seriously, if they are out of position and your team can get them or make them blow summoner spells, join it. It's one thing that they know you're there and back off, the other is they are oblivious. Unless absolutely nothing happens, this gank will probably help you establish lane dominance (they have to recall, blew summoner spells, died, had to waste ultimates, had to blow pots). If they die, it's gold and experience!

Also, being botlane, forcing them to recall might give your team the opportunity to get a dragon buff too.

TL;DR: Yes. Unless you know 100% that it's a bad idea (their adc is a 5/0 Graves, you and your support are too low and they have the tools to turn on you, you know their jungler is nearby and can destroy it, etc).
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 11:33am | Report
Same problem here, except I main top lane. The odds of killing a top laner are very low (unless it's a guy like Darius or if they are way overextended) and I am often faced with this choice. Never know when to farm or when to go ham. Moreover, if the ganks fail, I get taxed with no reason and get forced to farm under the enemy's turret, because the jungler pushes the wave T.T
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 2:26pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Well, odds are that when you're done farming there's already another wave on the way :^)

But seriously, if they are out of position and your team can get them or make them blow summoner spells, join it. It's one thing that they know you're there and back off, the other is they are oblivious. Unless absolutely nothing happens, this gank will probably help you establish lane dominance (they have to recall, blew summoner spells, died, had to waste ultimates, had to blow pots). If they die, it's gold and experience!

Also, being botlane, forcing them to recall might give your team the opportunity to get a dragon buff too.

TL;DR: Yes. Unless you know 100% that it's a bad idea (their adc is a 5/0 Graves, you and your support are too low and they have the tools to turn on you, you know their jungler is nearby and can destroy it, etc).

Okay, I'll take that as if you have some help coming your way, try to make use of it. Thank you for your insight, Falseogod.

How about it the scenario where they aren't in bad position? Minion waves are in the middle of the lane and they can easily retreat to their tower, but your jungler or mid laner still insists on trying to pull off a gank/roam?

Maybe I need to get over it but trusting a turret dive to work out at S5 is well a sketchy proposition in most of the cases i've observed especially if anyone on the enemy-side has a pull or stun.

Re4XN wrote:

Same problem here, except I main top lane. The odds of killing a top laner are very low (unless it's a guy like Darius or if they are way overextended) and I am often faced with this choice. Never know when to farm or when to go ham. Moreover, if the ganks fail, I get taxed with no reason and get forced to farm under the enemy's turret, because the jungler pushes the wave T.T

You are right that same question is applicable for any lane.

And about the taxing part. If we didn't get a kill or force them to back I ping my jungler off the farm unless I called my jungler up because I was getting my arse handed. In certain situations I consider just their presence worth a few minions. But really any jungler worth their salt shouldn't be putting you in the position you described. But if they don't know that, it is hard to communicate if all you have are pings and chat.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 3:40pm | Report
Well, your junglers are *******s then.

Mid of the lane? Depends on their HP, who your ganker is and the amount of CC. Assassins can generally get the job done in that area as long as there's setup (or the setup is theirs, like with Fizz and Diana) If they have a major disengage, such as Janna or Nami, it'll depend even more on their HP and who's ganking.

It always depends on the setup potential and champions envolved. If your ADC is bursty ( Corki or Graves come to mind) and so is your ganker, and you got a setup like Leona, you most likely can get kills.

But if you're playing Caitlyn and Soraka, which don't have any burst, barely any setup and low damage early game, most likely nothing will happen.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 8:43pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Well, your junglers are *******s then.

^^

XD

This happens pretty frequently. I get some *****ing about not being aggressive enough when they do show up so I am trying to get a handle on when I should be pressing and when I should back off. The thing is I am considering some of things you've mentioned.

E.g, we have very little CC, or very little burst, or we don't know where their jungler is, or we are fairly low health and we are going to take a lot of creep damage along with the damage the enemy lanes or at.

But that is hard to get across to a ganker that is bent on attempting a gank. And sometimes your support is on a completely different page, so there is that factor in Bot.

I'm just going to try to be a little more aggressive and see where that gets me.

thank you for the tips!
terrorearl
<Member>
terrorearl's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2015 12:21pm | Report
I use the rule that when my minions are under my turret i ping jungler to wait or fall back, if they are in the middle of lane i always try to follow. But when he goes in you should always follow him on botlane, otherwise he is 1v2 and he may die, blame you and you will face fed enemy ;)
There is lot of set ups, it depends on champions you and your support play, on your jungler, same as your enemy (mostly support)
Also, dont go into towerdives as they are really hard to do and even I try to not make them a lot on my elo (dia) as its the easiest way to get back into game for your enemy

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide