Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

JUnglers Falling Behind

Creator: BDB Vishous May 4, 2015 5:45am
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 3:09pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

The easiest jungler by far is Warwick, he clearly shows you when you should gank and when you should farm. Farm while you don't have ult, gank while you have ult. And then you kinda have to play around that with Dragon Control and similar stuff. First, master this with Warwick, then move on to other junglers.

Wrong.

Even walking into lane when they over extend, ult or not, can still yield strong results for your team. Have a red buff on WW? Got chilling smite? Over extended lanes are a wet dream for any jungler, and the biggest violators of this are often bottom and top lane. Relying on ganking only when you have ult up is poor jungling.

Know thy enemy and thy farming habits, and I shall reward ye with 300g and a few creeps.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 3:13pm | Report
Tho Skirmisher's Sabre is currently just a must have on pretty much any jungler (or top laner) as otherwise you get outdamaged and you take too much damage from enemies.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 3:35pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Tho Skirmisher's Sabre is currently just a must have on pretty much any jungler (or top laner) as otherwise you get outdamaged and you take too much damage from enemies.

You do realize that you can switch enchantment before you fully upgrade your jungle item, correct? Either or, you do also realize that your bottom lane has CC as well, correct?

It's all about communication with junglers. A jungler that communicates and has map awareness is a jungler that I want on my team.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2015 4:39am | Report
I can almost guarantee that the reason is your jungle pathing. This is the most common thing that makes you fall behind in levels and gold.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2015 5:53am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

This is the era of the tank. Any jungler that can get tanky and has some CC is basically broken right now.

I personally use trailblazer for the clearing ability and sustain.
Cinderhulk + gromp smite = people die even if you don't personally do a lot of damage as long as you can stick to them through CC.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
BDB Vishous
<Member>
BDB Vishous's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2015 9:57am | Report
Sorry, haven't been ignoring you all. I managed to break 3 ribs so I haven't been on. As for your questions,
1) Who are you comparing your levels/gold to?
I am comparing my levels to bot lane, trying to stay within 1 level. As for gold, I try to keep up with the team average.

2) What Smite upgrade do you usually buy?
By default I have been going Rangers for the early sustain unless my team lacks gap closers then I take stalkers.

3) What champions do you usually play in the jungle?
In order of how often I pick them - Lee, Panth, J4, Shaco

I recorded and reviewed a few games and I think my biggest problem has been ganking to much, or my teammates not following up with me even at full health after I ping next to them a few times then target ping. Is the ideology of snowballing lanes no longer viable in Solo Q?
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2015 11:12am | Report

1) Who are you comparing your levels/gold to?
I am comparing my levels to bot lane, trying to stay within 1 level. As for gold, I try to keep up with the team average.

You should look at your pathing
Quoted:

2) What Smite upgrade do you usually buy?
By default I have been going Rangers for the early sustain unless my team lacks gap closers then I take stalkers.

nothing wrong with rangers. skirmishers is good as a mini exhaust, too.

Quoted:

3) What champions do you usually play in the jungle?
In order of how often I pick them - Lee, Panth, J4, Shaco

lee and panth have decent clear speeds, idk about j4 and shaco atm

Quoted:

I recorded and reviewed a few games and I think my biggest problem has been ganking to much, or my teammates not following up with me even at full health after I ping next to them a few times then target ping. Is the ideology of snowballing lanes no longer viable in Solo Q?

The ideology of a jungler has never been to simply snowball lanes and win the game lol. What you want to do is control the pacing of the game by setting up for objectives. You want to limit the effectiveness of the enemy jungler by constantly noting where he is where and where he might go. That way you can effectively gank lanes. Also note down enemy summoners before u gank and make your your teammates are ready to follow when you're ganking. Snowballing lanes in solo queue is an effective strategy in solo queue that branches out from the fundamental aim of controlling the pacing because if you get lanes fed you can pressure for objectives much easier. If you don't pressure for objectives, then you aren't getting anything done if the enemy team manages to play safe.

that being said i think your problem is just ganking too much. you should consider in your own levels and health when ganking. If you're lvl 3 and ganking a solo lane where both sides are lvl 5 and the enemy jungler is lvl 4 you're much more likely to lose out.

Think about your goals during the game.
an example would be something like this: (blue side jungler)

> i want to lvl 3 gank top because their enemy is likely to shove in on mine and my top laner and i would win a 2v2 skirmish against their top and jungler
> krugs --> red ---> blue clear. i think the enemy jungler is doing a standard route. i will pay attention to mid and bot lanes to see if i can prepare for ganks afterwards
> i'll ask top about the summoner spell usage and check how low the top laners are. did I clear faster than the enemy jungler? how are the minion waves going? If the situation is not favorable and I'm still relatively healthy I'll gank mid if mid is gankable.
> Top is shoved up and mid is shoved up. I'll back now because I can't sustain any more clears with my current health and come out with above 50% hp.
> i then look at the other side of the map and see how they're doing. I'll gank after I get another level or two.

etc etc

these are only the basics of the thought process during the game, but if you follow them you shouldn't be behind

Try to maintain one level below ur solo lanes.
BDB Vishous
<Member>
BDB Vishous's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2015 4:48pm | Report
I believe I misspoke about snowballing my lanes. I have always looked to pressure objectives, keeping my priorities as Nexus > Inhibs > Towers > Dragon (Depending on how many each team has, can be above towers) > Baron.

As far as what I meant when I said snowballing my lanes, my general philosophy when jungling is to help my laners get fed so that they can pressure, unless I need the kill myself to stay relevant. I also look to take lanes when they back if I can force a tower down or if I know the enemy can't farm under tower and my laner will be in a good position with it shoved under tower.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2015 3:07am | Report
You are playing strong early game junglers, who need to do well in early game or they become useless (except jarvan). Lee Sin and Shaco aren't good beginner junglers, if you don't know what you are doing with them, you'll fall behind easily, they have specific playstyle that differs from standard junglers.

Pantheon should be good, he tends to fall behind if he ganks too much and doesn't get kills; although he's really strong in first few levels and you shouldn't have problems killing everything.

Jarvan got nerfed few patches ago and is a bit squishier, but he still has good damage and really good ganks.

I doubt your problems are related to these 2 junglers, it seems to me you haven't learned to play jungle efficiently and that you'd fall behind with every jungler. You can fix that, focus on few strong junglers and learn them (it's easier with currently strong junglers, because even if you are bit behind, you'll still be useful). I'd advise you against playing lee sin or shaco until you learn standard jungling paths and standard ganking routes.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2015 3:10am | Report
I believe I misspoke about snowballing my lanes. I have always looked to pressure objectives, keeping my priorities as Nexus > Inhibs > Towers > Dragon (Depending on how many each team has, can be above towers) > Baron.

As far as what I meant when I said snowballing my lanes, my general philosophy when jungling is to help my laners get fed so that they can pressure, unless I need the kill myself to stay relevant. I also look to take lanes when they back if I can force a tower down or if I know the enemy can't farm under tower and my laner will be in a good position with it shoved under tower.

Champions you mentioned NEED kills and farm to stay relevant.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide