Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

JUnglers Falling Behind

Creator: BDB Vishous May 4, 2015 5:45am
1 2 3
BDB Vishous
<Member>
BDB Vishous's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 5:45am | Report
How are other Junglers not falling behind in levels and gold? Virtually ever game I end up being the Jungler in, I end up falling behind in at least levels. Either I gank to much, or not enough and end up being useless more or less by mid game. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 10:52am | Report
Jungle farm.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 11:14am | Report
There are a few things that I'd like to know, before I try and give you advise:

1) Who are you comparing your levels/gold to?

2) What Smite upgrade do you usually buy?

3) What champions do you usually play in the jungle?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 12:53pm | Report
I need to hear this is as well.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 12:57pm | Report
Jungling is all about optimizing the balance between ganking / pressuring and farming / keeping yourself leveled.

It's technically normal for junglers to be behind solo laners one or two levels, too.

Just try to make sure that you're not mindlessly roaming or attempting to gank. Have clear goals in your games.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 1:51pm | Report
Like Embracing said, try to plan a lot, think ahead. Decide whether a lane is worth ganking or even gankable before you spent precious time crossing the map. For me, there are also games where I realize that I've been wasting my time, no ganks worked out and I'm behind a lot in experience and gold too. When that happens I just ignore everything and farm the jungle until I'm back in the game.

For some junglers it can be as easy as "when the jungle is empty, gank a lane".
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 2:22pm | Report
This is a complex and often perplexing issue.

LevasK's questions are good ones to start with.

Know your jungler. Are they a gank 30% and farm 70% type jungler or farm 70% and gank 30% type jungler?

E.g. with Shyvana who has no hard CC I often do not gank unless I see something that is pretty close to guaranteed - My laner healthy, their's at half health, and pushed far from their turret.

E.g. with Jarvan IV I will often pick a lane with hard CC and set up a tent. Because between Jarvan's knock up and my laner's hard CC that should equal blown flashes and then the kills should start rolling in.

If I'm running Ranger's Trailblazer I generally farm when my Smite is up and look for opportunities to gank with it if not.

With the more aggressive smite options such as Skirmisher's Sabre and Stalker's Blade you tend to want gank when you have Smite up.

If you spot the enemy jungler ganking one of the lanes and can't make it to that lane in time, go steal one or more of their jungle camps to pad your gold and XP and deny those things and the camp buff to them.

Also if one of your laners dies, fast push their minion wave into the enemy turret if you can. This will give you some extra gold and XP and deny it to the enemy laner or enemy jungler.

Also tax lanes that you gank. If you blow a Flash grab a minion. if you get a kill grab two minions. If you blow a flash and get a kill grab three minions. But don't take a cannon minion. Leave that for your laner. We're trying to get our laner's ahead not screw them by cleaning up all the farm out from under them.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 3:18pm | Report
This is how I feel when picking certain smites.

Ranger's Trailblazer - The Farmer.
Farm everything fast and efficient.
If enemy jungler shows up on minimap, safely steal his camps.

Skirmisher's Sabre - The Grand Duelist
Search and destroy, find that enemy jungler and make his life miserable in the jungle.
Kill him and take his camps!!

Stalker's Blade - The Duolaner
Farm on side, Gank.. Farm next side, Gank.

I mainly use Stalker's Blade and try to gank as much as possible to get my lanes going as early as possible so they can carry me to victory ;)

_________

Watch this video from Nightblu3, it's mainly for Lee Sin but he has some general jungle tips in it for jungling efficiency which can be adapted to most champions.

It's worth the watch if you have time for it, you can probably skip to 14:30 unless you're interested in his build.

Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 6:22am | Report
1) If your teammate dies and the enemy in that lane backs... push that lane into the tower. So that you get gold/exp and the enemy loses a creep wave --- then the tower will naturally push the wave back to your teamate.

2) Tax lanes when you gank, if you do anything useful. If I gank top lane and force a flash or get the kills, im going to take some CS. (if they rage, just tell them -- im pushing so we can get the tower)

3)If your just kind of wandering the map looking for ganks, kill camps along the way.

I prime Udry and Volibear jungle and I never fall behind --- I am frequently the firstone to hit full build. I hope this helped.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 2:54pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:
Know your jungler. Are they a gank 30% and farm 70% type jungler or farm 70% and gank 30% type jungler?

The easiest jungler by far is Warwick, he clearly shows you when you should gank and when you should farm. Farm while you don't have ult, gank while you have ult. And then you kinda have to play around that with Dragon Control and similar stuff. First, master this with Warwick, then move on to other junglers.
He is gonna kill you!!!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide