Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Leaving mobafire

Creator: kadun April 25, 2012 6:36am
22 posts - page 2 of 3
kadun
<Member>
kadun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 11:09am | Report

If you thoroughly read my response you would have noticed that I said it was nearly impossible for anyone to stop such things from occurring. But you either missed my point or didn't take the time to read what I said. Either way you're not paying attention, nor are you actually GRASPING the concept that I'm getting at.

The "community" IS NOT made of a bunch of trolls, the CORE community is a group of people dedicated to helping each other, then there is the fringe, people who dedicate no time to the site, that group of people is most likely responsible for your guides being down voted.

If you're upset about someone trolling you, then you should probably leave the internet entirely, they're everywhere (trolls) and NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP. Don't blame the Mobafire community when you aren't even really apart of it.

I am not "upset" about trolls, since i've been a gamer for 15 years i know they are everywhere, and i am apart of the Mobafire Community, i've been an active member for 1½ year, and met many really nice people, everyday i've logged on, checked recently guides, commented on the champs/builds i know and the layout on champs im bad with, i've been updating my guides ever since release and people are suddenly downvoting.

The thing im "upset" about is that the work i've been using hours/days on people are never going to see, since who would read a guide with an 44% or 36%, since whenever i make a guide, some people are mad at me (i think), because im speaking my mind. Also the fact that ever since i reached 20 upvotes people downvote me, because now you don't have to give an reason for doing it.

And btw this is not an "rage thread" im a very chilled person who does not take trolling personal.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 11:11am | Report
Wouldn't have known that from your original post.
kadun
<Member>
kadun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 11:22am | Report

Wouldn't have known that from your original post.

What woudln't you have known?
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 2:49pm | Report
Do you really care about your percentage that much? Your guides SHOULD be put out there to support and help anyone that is in need. EVERYONE gets a troll vote here and there, not just you. Whether you leave MOBAFire and go to somewhere else, trolls will be there. They'll get "banned", and they'll just keep coming back.

I'm just very confused on how you're handling this "petty" problem. I know you've put some time into your guides but have you considered that people often downvoted just because of first glance? Not to sound like a guide critic here but from "first glancing" like most people who use guides, yours look a bit off for this current metagame. For example, Vladimir using Spirit Visage is silly. Rylai's rush before Cap is extremely fatal to Vlad's transition into mid game. Running Armor/level yellows is silly because Vlad's early game is when he's weakest top lane, going flat armors almost guarantee you survival until mid game and that's when you start trashing people. As someone with a 75% Win Ratio with Vlad in s2 at 1800+ elo who has played him in tournament games and have talked to a lot of "pro's" but 9/0/21 is hardly ever run as Vladimir. 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 trashes people so hard. All of that is purely off first glance without needing to look at anything else. Have you ever thought that those "troll downvotes" that you accused people of making in your Vladimir guide were actually their own opinion without malicious intent? Just focus on the people that truly need your help and don't let the "trolls" get cha ;)

Final thing, you say you're a year and a half old MOBAFire user but you're complaining about Hecarim guides being downvoted into oblivion. THIS HAPPENS TO EVERY WEBSITE, EVERYTIME A NEW CHAMPION IS RELEASED, IT'S REALLY NOT A SURPRISE.

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 3:17pm | Report
Kadun, If I had your attitude I would have left a long time ago.

But instead, think of it this way:

No one looks at the OP stuff I have in my guide = no one uses it = Riot/'pros' don't see it = free Elo and no one knows how you did it.

:P *True story*
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 6:44pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Do you really care about your percentage that much? Your guides SHOULD be put out there to support and help anyone that is in need. EVERYONE gets a troll vote here and there, not just you. Whether you leave MOBAFire and go to somewhere else, trolls will be there. They'll get "banned", and they'll just keep coming back.

I'm just very confused on how you're handling this "petty" problem. I know you've put some time into your guides but have you considered that people often downvoted just because of first glance? Not to sound like a guide critic here but from "first glancing" like most people who use guides, yours look a bit off for this current metagame. For example, Vladimir using Spirit Visage is silly. Rylai's rush before Cap is extremely fatal to Vlad's transition into mid game. Running Armor/level yellows is silly because Vlad's early game is when he's weakest top lane, going flat armors almost guarantee you survival until mid game and that's when you start trashing people. As someone with a 75% Win Ratio with Vlad in s2 at 1800+ elo who has played him in tournament games and have talked to a lot of "pro's" but 9/0/21 is hardly ever run as Vladimir. 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 trashes people so hard. All of that is purely off first glance without needing to look at anything else. Have you ever thought that those "troll downvotes" that you accused people of making in your Vladimir guide were actually their own opinion without malicious intent? Just focus on the people that truly need your help and don't let the "trolls" get cha ;)

Final thing, you say you're a year and a half old MOBAFire user but you're complaining about Hecarim guides being downvoted into oblivion. THIS HAPPENS TO EVERY WEBSITE, EVERYTIME A NEW CHAMPION IS RELEASED, IT'S REALLY NOT A SURPRISE.

Not on solomid.net my preferred site now actually.
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 8:49pm | Report

If you thoroughly read my response you would have noticed that I said it was nearly impossible for anyone to stop such things from occurring. But you either missed my point or didn't take the time to read what I said. Either way you're not paying attention, nor are you actually GRASPING the concept that I'm getting at.

The "community" IS NOT made of a bunch of trolls, the CORE community is a group of people dedicated to helping each other, then there is the fringe, people who dedicate no time to the site, that group of people is most likely responsible for your guides being down voted.

If you're upset about someone trolling you, then you should probably leave the internet entirely, they're everywhere (trolls) and NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP. Don't blame the Mobafire community when you aren't even really apart of it.

Agreed, +rep, that was a well put paragraph.
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 9:02pm | Report
The moderators give 0 f**ks about trolls (hell it's just the website itself). However, guide percentages don't matter as long as you're helping people. Guides were meant to help people, unless you're having some sort of competition with other guide makers. Trust me, even I'm one. No reason to flail about it, trolls will be trolls. And face it, most people troll once in a while anyways. Some trolls are just bigger douche bags. If you're going to move on with life, I suggest you do so. No one can stop you, but hope whatever choice you make is the one you'll be happy with. Remember if you leave, you can always come back. Good luck!

~CM

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 9:16pm | Report
I joined Mobafire for the community, not for epeen and build popularity. The people here are chill and on Mobafire chat on LoL client too.

If the sole purpose of you joining Mobafire was to make a guide and expect to be #1, your mentality is already off. I'm sorry. Your guides look fine to me, but your attitude and your approach isn't.
(Discontinued)
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 10:33pm | Report
Did you post this thinking anyone would care? Honestly I've never heard of you and if you left probably wouldn't care any less. I'd probably rejoice a little bit actually; to realize such an epeen ***** is no longer part of the mobafire community is a great thought. Like jeffy said, if you can't handle trolls get off the internet.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide