Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

let's have a discussion about talon!!!!

Creator: Vapora Dark September 16, 2014 11:45am
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 7:48pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:
you guys forgot that malz has a silence too in Call of the Void

It isn't targeted, which makes it far less problematic.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 10:02pm | Report
i was referring to the people that listed cho's and garens silence

what i think they should do is give him a new passive, maybe extra MS when he kills/assists a champion or a reset on his ult if he kills/assists with lowered damage on his ult, or just give him some resistances or damage reduction when he uses E to make up for the punishment hes going to receive by not having the silence
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2014 2:55am | Report
ill be honest and say i think he will still be fine. maybe tone up his damage amp a little bit to compensate, but i think people are overreacting

I disagree. His only redeeming factor has always been how reliable he is compared to other assassins such as Zed, in a 1v1 scenario, if he's ahead, he's 100% successful at what he does, and while in teamfights that varies depending on what your target's team does, it's still pretty reliable compared to others.

After this, his laning is worse than Zed's, his mobility is worse than Zed's, his reliability is worse than Zed's, his mid-game is worse than Zed's, his late-game is worse than Zed's. Literally everything, is worse.

With no silence, his laning is gutted, his mid-game will be **** if he gets set behind as a consequence of his bad laning, and his late-game will be trash, as his silence was the only thing making him viable compared to other assassins who have a way of getting in and out as opposed to getting in and either getting out of a pile of corpses or just plain dying.

He might still be playable, but every single assassin is going to outclass him in every aspect after this, if they don't compensate for the silence removal.

Previously he was too risky to buff when he was considered weak, because they were afraid that with the silence, being strong would mean he was too strong. Now that he's losing the broken silence of doom, there's room to buff him in the areas he's weak in; for example, his spells don't do enough damage compared to how much mana they cost early on, they have more ratio than base damage. Now that he has counterplay, they can actually give him early damage to compensate for how much he's going to fall off now.

It may not seem like a 1 second silence is a huge deal, but I can tell you as someone who's played him in over a thousand games, it was a pretty big deal, and removing it is literally going to make him half as good as he is now.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2014 3:58am | Report
So I am just going to join this discussion. I might have mentioned before but anyway the first champion I ever played was Talon, and I still occasionally play him.

I think Vapora has really gotten the important consequences of removing the silence. The only reason Talon can even do well in lane is because of his silence, due to it opening up the small window where you can trade the opponent. What is Cutthroat without the silence? A boring, useless spell that really doesn't do much. The silence is a vital part of his kit which allows him to win trades during the laning phase.

As an assassin, once his silence is removed he becomes extremely vulnerable, with all sorts of CCs being able to be cast on him. This isn't creating counterplay anymore; the opponents do not even need any skills or mechanics to actually counter him; they simply move away or trade back. Talon would lose every possible trade, unable to actually assassinate a target, and rendered completely useless.

Nerfing Talon is not just taking the silence away. Unlike LeBlanc, who can Distortion back to avoid taking too much in return, right after Talon uses Cutthroat all he can do is either continue hitting the enemy or try to walk away without being damaged too much.

Assuming Riot is that naive and removes his silence anyway, I do not think any form of compensation could prevent Talon from becoming unviable. Removing his silence is more than a nerf, it is as good as killing him off the champion pool.
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2014 6:07am | Report

It isn't targeted, which makes it far less problematic.

Cho's also isn't targeted :D.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 7:02pm | Report

I disagree. His only redeeming factor has always been how reliable he is compared to other assassins such as Zed, in a 1v1 scenario, if he's ahead, he's 100% successful at what he does, and while in teamfights that varies depending on what your target's team does, it's still pretty reliable compared to others.

After this, his laning is worse than Zed's, his mobility is worse than Zed's, his reliability is worse than Zed's, his mid-game is worse than Zed's, his late-game is worse than Zed's. Literally everything, is worse.

With no silence, his laning is gutted, his mid-game will be **** if he gets set behind as a consequence of his bad laning, and his late-game will be trash, as his silence was the only thing making him viable compared to other assassins who have a way of getting in and out as opposed to getting in and either getting out of a pile of corpses or just plain dying.

He might still be playable, but every single assassin is going to outclass him in every aspect after this, if they don't compensate for the silence removal.

Previously he was too risky to buff when he was considered weak, because they were afraid that with the silence, being strong would mean he was too strong. Now that he's losing the broken silence of doom, there's room to buff him in the areas he's weak in; for example, his spells don't do enough damage compared to how much mana they cost early on, they have more ratio than base damage. Now that he has counterplay, they can actually give him early damage to compensate for how much he's going to fall off now.

It may not seem like a 1 second silence is a huge deal, but I can tell you as someone who's played him in over a thousand games, it was a pretty big deal, and removing it is literally going to make him half as good as he is now.

Talon was already worse than zed in all of those aspects except lategame and maybe midgame, and he still is better than zed lategame if this change goes through, possibly still midgame too. Zed's reliablity depends on enemy zhonyas and qss, something talon doesn't have to worry about.

Talon's midgame was always **** when he was behind. In fact, a lot of champs are **** if they are behind, zed included.

Every aspect? Talon will still go onto someone and demolish them in a heartbeat if they don't flash away immediately, you are 100% overreacting. Flash does not have the same cooldown as talon ult.

I don't need your credentials. I know enough about talon to make my own judgment on how the nerf will affect him, and he definitely won't be unplayable. No champion bursts people down as quickly as talon, and they did not touch his damage. Yes he won't have a silence, so people can counterattack, but you usually ult immediately which takes away all the chances of targeted spells hitting you anyway.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 11:30pm | Report
Just a quick thought. I'm not a good Talon player and I don't really know that much about how reliable his silence is, but what would happen if they kept the silence but made the ability a long range dash instead? That way he could still be rewarded for a good dash but punished but really punished for a bad one.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 12:18am | Report
Status quo, I think they are removing too much from cutthroat's playability. I'd think it'd be pretty cool to see cutthroat be reworked to have the current slow, and some defensive utility as well. It'd be pretty cool to see talon's gap closer be able to block the offensive first spell cast on him for the next 1 second, or something like that.

Another thing that's important to note, is that talon IS actually getting a damage buff from this change. With the slow being added to cutthroat, talon would be able to have mercy apply to his AA + Noxian Diplomacy that he'd cast immediately after the jump.

Edited for clarity
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 1:20am | Report
slow duration is now 0.25 seconds.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 1:20am | Report
That would hurt more than if they just got rid of the silence.
Talon players don't land skillshots. :p

Basically MOBAFire.
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide