Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

let's have a discussion about talon!!!!

Creator: Vapora Dark September 16, 2014 11:45am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:27pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
All I know is that getting one shot in like 0.5 of a second with no counterplay is pretty not fun.

I guess you'd know that pretty well, huh? :^)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:29pm | Report
Still haven't seen a single Talon in like 4 months apart from Vapora so I can't have an opinion on the subject :c
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:45pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Again, everyone is ignorant of meta shifts going into Talon's favor. 90% of the champions are 100% well balanced but they lose or gain favour based on the metagame.

To be more clear: Talon is good in the current metagame because he's one of the champions that can snowball a lead super effectively and stop hypercarries from ramping up by stalling out the game. In regards of competitive play he's still somewhat of a niche pick but in solo queue these are immense powers to possess.

Also, the decline in Ziggs play also realllllyy helped talon a lot.

The metagame is entirely inflated and artificial. The metagame is pretty much entirely based on what riot buff's or nerfs, so naturally when Riot nerfs everything else it's going to go in favor of what they didn't nerf.

There are a lot of champions, specifically assassins, that snowball leads extremely effectively especially in solo queue. This isn't isolated to just Talon.

Ziggs play has been declining for a while now, at least in competitive play, I don't think thats the main catalyst behidn it
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:46pm | Report
Talon was kinda up for a rework imo. He needed to have his damage toned down, counterplay needed to be introduced, and he needs some mobility. There's plenty of ways to do this without completely altering his kit, but Riot, once again, took the easy route and just removed his silence. As a mid-laner, I'm have mixed feelings about this, because I do like it that Talon is a much easier matchup for most of the mids I play. However, I simply don't agree with the decisions made. I do really like Talon as a champion and he really has some cool stuff going on.

Regarding his position in the current meta. I still think Talon is far from tier 1, mostly because he just isn't all-round enough. Most other assassins like Kassadin, Kha'Zix, and Zed simply pack more than just burst and pick potential; they really add something. Also, their laning phases are more stable (doesn't include Kha'Zix as he's a jungler) and they recover more easily. Now this doesn't mean that Talon is awful or anything, but he's pretty simplistic in his role and doesn't have really have room to do something else, I mean I suppose he can peel but it's not like he packs a ton of utility.

The actions taken by Riot lately are showing a clear sign though; silence is too strong as CC. Well, this is mostly because it (almost) exclusively comes with targeted abilities (e.g. Sigil of Silence (now Sigil of Malice), Null Sphere, and Cutthroat). This generates very little counterplay but I think that the biggest issue is that silence, for some reason, disables summoner spells and item actives. Thus no one can respond with Flash, Barrier, Zhonya's Hourglass, etc. This is essentially what breaks Talon, and not so much the fact you can't respond with your basic abilities, even though that's a pain as well.

In short, Talon is now falling victim to his own archaic design that hails from a time during which targeted CC was very, very common. However, the inherent mechanics behind silence as a whole do play a big role in this. His silence is the issue, but also the only thing that really makes him worth playing. I wish Riot took a less lazy route regarding this and delayed the Viktor or Soraka rework to favour Talon's. I'm sure that with a few minor reworks, he can still more or less stay the same, but be less toxic, and offer a higher skill ceiling to his summoner.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:50pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Ziggs play has been declining for a while now, at least in competitive play, I don't think thats the main catalyst behidn it

It's basically every popular mid laner getting nerfed/changed by Riot. Zed is really big right now because of all those changes, and Talon also takes advantage of this trend. The Orianna and Ziggs nerfs really worked in his favour.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:51pm | Report
Yea, it does kind feel like Riot is seeking and destroying most silences. Only ones I don't think will be removed are Garen's and Cho'Gath's cause they are iconic and not as toxic.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 2:01pm | Report
Yea, it does kind feel like Riot is seeking and destroying most silences. Only ones I don't think will be removed are Garen's and Cho'Gath's cause they are iconic and not as toxic.

Riot "Today we Silence every Champion in the game. Tomorrow we Silence the WORLD!"
Sig by Janitsu
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 2:02pm | Report
oh I think Cho'Gath's will get removed or changed... Garen's is on an auto-attack so they'll probably ignore that one.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 2:07pm | Report

If those champions ever get relevant again, without reworks, then I'm sure they will nerf them or simply remove them.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 2:11pm | Report
And what about Fiddlesticks?

This also reminds me on "removing blinds". Why Teemo doesn't have his removed yet...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide