Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

let's have a discussion about talon!!!!

Creator: Vapora Dark September 16, 2014 11:45am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 12:48pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Funny to see that the same people that said months before Talon is trash now say he is totally OP. Dat mindest of people...

It's all about the meta dude. Talon was trash in the meta of >3 months back. Numbers aren't the only thing that affect how strong a champion really is.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 12:58pm | Report
I'm going to be completely honest, I don't understand why Talon is getting nerfed. He seems fine right now
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
BaSiQ5
<Member>
BaSiQ5's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 12:59pm | Report
Talon is probably getting nerfed in the next patch, and rightfully so. They're removing his silence because why the hell would he need a silence.

Good, now he can hear his enemies scream before they die. >:)
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:01pm | Report
Nothing like riot nerfing meta champions, then they realise champions that have been untouched have aspects about them that were OP to keep them semi viable. Won't stop riot form keep nerfing every champion possible though, again and again and again.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:03pm | Report
I swear people can't even decide as a whole as to why he's strong though.

"Talon is strong because Zed and most other assassins are nerfed".

Oooooooookay, and what about in season 2, when TALON wasn't nerfed, and there was no Seeker's Armguard in the game?

Feels like people are just trying to excuse that no one noticed he was strong for ages. Not that he's ridiculously OP though, the main reason he's getting nerfed is because it's just plain not fun to play against someone who decides your fate in 1 click when he's fed.
dalpizzol
<Member>
dalpizzol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:16pm | Report
No longer killing your enemies before they use their Zhonyas ):
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:16pm | Report
As far as I know they are changing him and a few other assassins because they have no counterplay when doing well.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:21pm | Report

Feels like people are just trying to excuse that no one noticed he was strong for ages. Not that he's ridiculously OP though, the main reason he's getting nerfed is because it's just plain not fun to play against someone who decides your fate in 1 click when he's fed.

Again, everyone is ignorant of meta shifts going into Talon's favor. 90% of the champions are 100% well balanced but they lose or gain favour based on the metagame.

To be more clear: Talon is good in the current metagame because he's one of the champions that can snowball a lead super effectively and stop hypercarries from ramping up by stalling out the game. In regards of competitive play he's still somewhat of a niche pick but in solo queue these are immense powers to possess.

Also, the decline in Ziggs play also realllllyy helped talon a lot.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:23pm | Report
All I know is that getting one shot in like 0.5 of a second with no counterplay is pretty not fun. It does seem like he'll be really useless with that change though since anyone can just gapclose away or at worst use Flash and then Talon's blown his load for nothing and is probably screwed.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 1:25pm | Report
Even since season 2 I have never been able to beat a talon in lane. But then again the only mid lane champions I even play are Ahri and Xerath.

and I get completely pooped on when I play as Ahri against Talon, but even then I don't think he needs to be nerfed.
Sig by jhoijhoi
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide