Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire faking viewers on twitch?

Creator: TheBlueReaper June 12, 2013 3:43am
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 5:00am | Report
I've always disliked the guy. Thankfully I was right on the ball with that.

I'll try to spread the word that this isn't true as well. I've suddenly ran across a post from a group page that I was following which had people suddenly raging about Mobafire because of this.
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
necr0
<Member>
necr0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 8:10am | Report
UPDATE: via loads of hidden invisible muted embeds all over website:
http://i.imgur.com/wMy8Jvx.jpg
(and one visible one)Being on mobafire makes you a bot on their botnet.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 8:17am | Report
The things you mark do not prove that Mobafire is viewbotting.

The only things you mark of importance are Mobafire and autoplay.
Yes, it means if you are online on the homepage you will automatically be a viewer to the stream, which was explained by Wayne. Since Mobafire is a high used website, it is only normal that we have such high viewers.

And if you are gonna prove us wrong, at least take some more effort with the marking, since I can make a better mark by just using paint.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 8:35am | Report
Dafuq is that screenshot :D

It literally only shows that on the mobafire home page, there is an embedded twitch link which counts you as a viewer. No bot included xD

And obviously, if you open multiple tabs, it will count as multiple viewers.

It's hilarious how people want to bash something, while they have no ****ing idea what they are talking about :DDDDD

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 8:48am | Report
I noticed this a while back when my League FPS (normally >200) dipped into 5-10 FPS when I had too many mobafire tabs open due to the massive number of embedded streams I was simultaneously viewing. I fixed it by simply blocking requests to jtv/twitch, but didn't think it was motivated by faking views for revenue.

Would appreciate a response from the admins, since this is fraud.

IceCreamy wrote:

Dafuq is that screenshot :D

It literally only shows that on the mobafire home page, there is an embedded twitch link which counts you as a viewer. No bot included xD

It's counting as viewers people who have no idea that the stream is even there. This artificially inflates viewer numbers, makes the page load slow as molasses on ancient computers and mobile devices, and makes Twitch pay more money to mobafire than they deserve.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 9:37am | Report
Yes, but afaik others have done this too and it's not illegal (though really lame, tbh)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 9:48am | Report
Satella wrote:

I noticed this a while back when my League FPS (normally >200) dipped into 5-10 FPS when I had too many mobafire tabs open due to the massive number of embedded streams I was simultaneously viewing. I fixed it by simply blocking requests to jtv/twitch, but didn't think it was motivated by faking views for revenue.

Would appreciate a response from the admins, since this is fraud.

It's counting as viewers people who have no idea that the stream is even there. This artificially inflates viewer numbers, makes the page load slow as molasses on ancient computers and mobile devices, and makes Twitch pay more money to mobafire than they deserve.

yes. I wouldn't say they are botting but the stream on the moba main page is unneeded and does indeed inflate numbers. just provide a link to mobafiretv on twitch instead of having the stream open and be done with this.

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 9:50am | Report
its not a bot tho, a bot would be cheated viewers, this is lame but not cheated people should learn what viewerbot means lmao

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 10:03am | Report
koksei wrote:

its not a bot tho, a bot would be cheated viewers, this is lame but not cheated people should learn what viewerbot means lmao

Most people have no clue they're viewing the stream, how is this not cheating people?
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 11:23am | Report
It's kinda dumb honestly. If it's actually hidden in other pages on the site like he claims then that's incredibly shady and not something I want to be part of. Even if it's just on the homepage it's still pretty questionable. I was wondering for a while how the stream was consistently at 10k viewers and like the #3 highest stream on Twitch despite JUST being launched and yet no one was talking at all.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide