Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MobaFire @ LoL Forums

Creator: JunSupport March 15, 2011 7:33pm
1 2 3
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 7:33pm | Report
Doubt it will help, but I was bored. <- That means I know it won't change much, but at least you can troll the trolls a bit by being logical. Always good for a laugh.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=7005179

Go throw in your two-cents~

JunSupport wrote:

I find it the forums fun, and like to keep up with what's going on.

FYI: Riot pays attention to the forums, so it's best you know what noobs are QQing about, so you know what to expect.

This isn't anything serious, and the post's positive right now. (Yay? Dam, I probably jinxed it, and it'll go negative now)

It can't hurt to throw in some actual information every now and then.

Great (or even normal minds) always have to deal with the uneducated masses.
Might as well annoy them while we're at it.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 7:41pm | Report
I'd rather not deal with the ignorance on other forums. I know what I know, they know what they know. We all have our opinions and I personally don't give a **** about the idiots over at the league boards' opinions.

hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 7:46pm | Report
i appreciate your passion to support for mobafire (i feel the same way), but this is not the way to do it. usually i dont even post on the US main LoL forum because 1) trolls 2) you really have to know what appeals to people or your post will get downvoted to hell before you know it. you have to realize not everyone loves mobafire as much as this community does; there is no point in proving how great it is to other people (doesn't matter what they think).

Also, there are some sht guides that get voted to the top (i would not say which) that utterly disgusts me when i am trying a new champion; resulting me scrambling to look for guides elsewhere. i am talking about a complete misdirection of playing a champion here. i have no idea how they become the top rated ones, probably a wave of below level 30 pubstompers who had a good time owning level 10s. the "troll" who is posting this does have a valid point when talking about some guides. we have to fix this. massive written content =/= good guide.

i recommend every week, we take up the top guides for each champion and decide whether it belongs there; further actions then should be taken.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 7:51pm | Report
I gave up the official forums 10 months ago AkA when I started playing League of Legends >_>
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 7:54pm | Report
I find it fun, and like to keep up with what's going on.

FYI: Riot pays attention to the forums, so it's best you know what noobs are QQing about.

This isn't anything serious, and the post's positive right now. (Yay? Dam, I probably jinxed it, and it'll go negative now)

It can't hurt to throw in some actual information every now and then.
The forums are just a bigger version of MobaFire's voting system. Tons of trolls, but plenty of people that are sensible enough to see through the idiocy.

@hypershatter:

I'm not saying I love mobafire.
I'm just responding to the ignorant post from a few days ago. I dislike misconceptions, and dislike leaving them alone even more.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 8:23pm | Report
Left my opinion. Tried to be as unbiased and as honest as I could.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 8:26pm | Report
lol, psh, too nice, QQcumbers don't deserve unbiased honesty. XD
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

Dremu
<Member>
Dremu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 8:46pm | Report
personally I disagree with all the trolls, Of course right? But mainly because, I've never even thought about using Leaguecraft like that kid saying and I quote "Leaguecraft's better" With no viable reason to why, I've been using Moba since I started League (1 week later cos I googled guides and found moba) So, Personally Moba beats all, But thats my opinion, Although I can just say, Ignore the trolls, They have nothing better to do, Just go with your opinion not with everyone elses. I like mobafire over leaguecraft for many reasons, That doesn't mean anyone should hate leaguecraft or hey I like leaguecraft doesn't mean Moba should be hated, Both should have equal love, But I find Leaguecraft less attractive :P
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 9:35pm | Report
the problem is that guides are supposed include:

a) information for improving the gameplay and insight of champions for the people reading it (not just "pick x item, win game" or "use y skill, win game")

b) contain a lot of tatical information (i.e if you're giving a corki guide you should have a lot of information about valkyrie and how to abuse phosporous bomb for harass and farming at the same time)

and a lot of these guides don't include the above. it doesn't help that even when these guides just go "well hey, i pick this item because it works for me, haeuhauehauea", they choose very sub-optimal choices compared to standard builds

--

Saying the above, it doesn't help that a lot of these guides are influenced by other peoples opinions on the guide, and are only high rated after so much changes or being upvoted by bad players (sometimes, both) ((case in point: madmacks "infinity edge is a bad item on ashe" guide))

tbh, this website just needs to clear a lot of the guides (especially ones with items from last year removed in them) and maybe reset votes sometime so every guide is on the same footing again, allowing actual good guides to have some incentive to be made - i know I wouldn't write a 1%-proper Ashe guide if the once-top guide with hundreds of upvotes said infinity edge sucked and built black cleaver and yuumou's + boots of swiftness.

yes yes there is solomid for top-tier players gameplay guides, but that isn't an excuse to have the majoirty of guides poor-quality and a lot of guides aimed for bottom-tier gameplay. it just gives the vibe that, for a website purely based around guides and helping new players, you don't really care if they still play at the skill level they would at level 1 in ranked play.

inb4 i get flamed for calling guides on this website bad

p.s personal rant because i think the website needs to be better

--

i really think the whole "help me with my guide lolol" section should be removed - if you're making a guide, you shouldn't need to ask "is my items viable?" or "is this setup viable?" or "are my runes/masteries/skill order/other **** ok?" - you shouldn't make a guide aiming to improve peoples gameplay if you don't even know if the things you use is good or not
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 9:59pm | Report
@Jet:

I think it's rather ironic that a person would expect in-depth tactical analysis on individual champions when many also say a good player plays to counter the enemy.

If they do that, they should be intuitive enough to figure out the tactical stuff in the first place. :P
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide