Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Morello announces Preseason Updates!

Creator: BlackIceT November 6, 2012 12:39pm
Exciting about the new changes or no?
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2012 4:12pm | Report
Barrier is going to be on basically anyone who wants to be alive longer and make dumb plays.

Barrier/Flash OP, run in barrier run around hitting things flash out at 10 hp.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2012 5:41pm | Report
Shuru wrote:

Barrier is going to be on basically anyone who wants to be alive longer and make dumb plays.

It's a good bait tool on primary targets, and has a lot of qualities about it that surpass Heal. I'm sure ADCs like Vayne would love it.

About "drop ward item", there had been that mention on Elysa's Miracle's potential unique passive or upgrade.

Still no talk about nerfing Oracle's Elixir, bah.
LordPickleton
<Member>
LordPickleton's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2012 8:19pm | Report
Well it said they're bringing in Barrier and making Heal more of a support ability. My interpretation is that they're going to make Heal heal for less but remove the 50% reduction to surrounding units.

And then, to make up for this they're giving carries Barrier to make them slightly less susceptible to death from lvl2 jungle-ganks. Which makes sense, considering Riot themselves said they wanted to make the game a little less jungle-dependant.

Edit: Would someone pick up that phone? Because I CALLED IT!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2012 9:17pm | Report
since lol has been feeling a little stale recently i'm loving changes.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 12:32am | Report
not too sure. his descriptions are too vague for almost every category, but the increase cooldown on ignite and flash T_T.

interesting how they might actually buff heal again, even though that's what they started with in S2.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 12:53am | Report
=[ im sad cuz ive been building FoN on singed the past week and i really liked him but now theyre taking that item away D: now i dont know if i want to buy him or not
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 8:53am | Report
^ Build abyssal instead.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 11:45am | Report
yeah but i liked the hp regen that FoN gave with the Mres D: but oh well i probably will build that instead for more poison damage
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 11:59am | Report
Season 3 items changes preview from xypherous:
Hey guys,

I’m Xypherous, a Technical Designer here at Riot Games. I’ve been working a bit on the goals for itemization changes as we head into the preseason, focusing mostly on specialization, player self-expression, and adding new gameplay patterns in the game. We wanted to fix a lot of the existing problems that players have with items and try to add more depth in terms of itemization. Let me go over the major goals we have for the preseason item changes:

Clean up / Reworks

We have some items that need a lot of love and some items that simply don’t have a place in the current framework in the game. We either made these items relevant for a specific purpose or removed them if they were too problematic to balance. Some super-niche or narrow-scope items have been remade to work on a greater variety of champions.

Specialization

There aren’t enough items to allow each champion to really feel like they have their own unique build. We also want to add more items that allow you to specialize for the particular game that you’re in. We’re adding items to give players in each role alternate primary builds that fill out their teams better. If your carry needs to do more AoE damage, he has an option for that. If your primary AP caster needs additional CC capabilities, there’s an option for that, too.

We want players to have a degree of specialization in terms of playstyle, and to buy items that complement that playstyle rather than simply giving them the highest raw stats.

Gold and Statistics Pass

We’ve done a complete gold and statistics pass on the entire item shop. Many statistics have been reevaluated to better reflect how much gold they are worth at a particular stage of the game. Premiums have been adjusted across many items to reflect how difficult they are to build or how niche they are, rather than their raw statistical strength. Items that grant early Resistances / Attack Damage / Attack Speed have all been reevaluated in terms of strength.

Breadth and Depth

One of the most important things we tried to accomplish during the preseason was to ensure that your mid game items didn’t pigeonhole you into certain choices later in the game. We’ve also endeavored to give mid-tier items more late game options so that you don’t run into dead-ends as the game progresses. If you build Warden’s Mail in the mid game, you shouldn’t feel compelled to buy Randuin’s Omen every game. We wanted to make sure that at each stage of item progression gave you upgrade choices later on.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 12:33pm | Report
^ More vague statements I could of guessed 6 months ago.
+Rep me if i'm useful!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide