Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Msg I sent to #1 karma guide holder

Creator: throatslasher October 10, 2012 1:58pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 8:05am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

'oh you wrote a lot of words, must be good'.

Yo guys, that guy over there wrote a 400 pages essay comparing dogs and cats. I'm sure he'd make a great president for our country!

/Flawless logic

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 9:27am | Report
That's pretty much what it is. I found it borderline impossible to read his guide. It contradicts itself multiple times, too. It's hard to write a 20000 word novel on your opinion and not contradict yourself.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 9:36am | Report

Look, i'm not going through this entire pile of **** again. This guide is at least ten times TOO LONG. I'm not saying long guides aren't fine, but this thing is a ****ing novel.

Heck even that I don't mind so long as it's a good novel

The most in depth guide to Twitch around.

Props to wRAthoFVuLK for the beastly sig and putting up with my request XD
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 9:43am | Report
Well yeah, it's bad. A lot of people just don't care if it's bad and are more concerned with what it looks like/how long it is. I never said it was smart, lol :P

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 10:22am | Report
I'll be honest, At least from the guide i wrote (using it as an example, NOT advertising), the most important part of the guide is about positioning - not even about items, counter-picking, or any of that mumbo jumbo.

Just as an opinion, people who really, truly, want to learn a lot about the character he/she is playing, will actually take the time to read the guide, rather than just use the cheat sheet.

For example, if you have read The comprehensive karma guide, you will notice a whole blurb about the importance of baiting during the lane phase with karma, and how that is one of her strongest features - odds are that the common reader would not have taken full advantage of when + how to fully use Inner Flame. That being said, I believe that this guide, even is its items were outdated, should be the top guide, as it really TEACHES a reader HOW TO PLAY a character, rather than give the appropriate items.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 12:04pm | Report
Wheres the down-rep button again, oh wait.

E: I read the entire guide a long time ago, a guide is about information(not goin into if the Information are actually usefull or not cuz i alrdy forgot what was standing in there) and he was giving a lot. Design is fine, but not needed, no design at all is also bad, but there is design in it. I think a good bunch of the Mobafire people here just upvote guides because they look good, thats utterly ******ed. Also a Guide is supposed to be a Guide and not some ****ty pseudo wannabe "Items, Masterys, Skillsequence&Runepage" "Guide" trash thing, what utopus said is pretty true.

E²: u just mad that his guide is higher voted then urs.
BlackIceT
<Member>
BlackIceT's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 4:14pm | Report
I can agree with Throatslasher's beef about how a guide that takes over 30 min to read with information repeating itself and the fact that it is pretty outdated and still has a rating at 94%. The cheatsheet is bad. Clairvoyance is not great anymore. Now a support needs to have Exhaust or Heal to fit in. Also that start is pretty bad.

Same goes for the top Shyvana and Olaf guides. They are rated 89% and 93% respectively and the item choices for Shyvana are absolutely horrid and the skill sequence for the Olaf guide is **** too. Everyone knows that maxing Reckless Swing first over Undertow in the jungle is wrong yet it is number 1. Also the order of how to jungle Shyvana is bad too.

Then goes the statement well then why don't you make a guide then? Well because it is more than likely that the guide created would NOT surpass the top guides making your efforts in vain. Same applies for the Karma guides. 94% for 40 pages of mediocrity vs 81% by a Platinum Elo Player who knows what he is talking about. I bet even some of those downvotes are because of Throatslasher's brashness. I for one downvoted "The Comprehensive Karma" and up-voted and +Scouted Throatslasher's Karma guide because it should be featured and number 1.

My #1 Guides:

Check out my new Cassiopeia Guide: Cassiopeia - The Venomous Monarch

Thank you Jhoijhoi for my stamps!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 4:51pm | Report
I play vayne differently than the entire first page of vayne guides :x
Tri lane for life.
BlackIceT
<Member>
BlackIceT's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:13pm | Report
Temzilla's input, best input NA and platinum approved.

My #1 Guides:

Check out my new Cassiopeia Guide: Cassiopeia - The Venomous Monarch

Thank you Jhoijhoi for my stamps!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:23pm | Report
BlackIceT wrote:

Temzilla's input, best input NA and platinum approved.

Well, i can't give you the whole story, but it involves a cloth armor and a early dagger and brawlers gloves.
Tri lane for life.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide