Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Must Have Champs

Creator: Shrillex October 27, 2011 4:46pm
24 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:46pm | Report
I have a good amount of IP and I was just wondering who are the must have champs. This isn't a who should I buy thread but more of these champs are more likely to benefit my team.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:49pm | Report
Maokai. He tanks like a boss and comes with some nice harassing and CC.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:50pm | Report
you should have pretty much everyone whos 450 and 1350 and a lot of 3150s. throw in a 6300 or 3 and you'll be good.

and make sure you have 2-3 champions that can fit each role.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
MrNicholas
<Member>
MrNicholas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:54pm | Report
Here are some champions that I find become an incredible asset to any team if you know what you're doing.

Swain. (amazing snare if you can land it, and a crazy slow that most people are too stupid to get out of range of)
Karma. (the only support with a shield and a heal both on a low cooldown)
Irelia. (if farmed properly she can tank, she can carry, or she could do both at the same time)
This one is kind of iffy, but Cassiopeia. (I've been playing her a lot lately, and from my experience she seems to be able to carry the team early game, then turn into a kind of support caster late game. With a Rylai's combined with her Petrifying Gaze and Miasma she can pump out TONS of cc if you can land your skills)
Singed. (can take on whole teams by himself if farmed up/fed enough)
Ashe. (only thing making her viable is her utility, but her ultimate can win games)
Lux. (I've probably played about 600+ games with this lady of light, and I can personally say she can carry/support her entire team if played right)
I want to say Akali, but she's just shut down so easily if people buy oracles/get resistances. Most of these champions you have to be really good at landing skill shots, and if you can you'll destroy. Anyway those are just some of my recommendations!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:55pm | Report
Well I recently told a few people this so Here's DuffTime's list.

AP Burst;

Gragas

Brand

AP sustained DPS;

Ryze

Karthus

AD carry;

Kog Maw

Vayne

Caitlyn

Support;

Taric

Alistar

Janna

Sona

(All supports are fine, Sona and Janna are excellent.)

Offtanks/Tanky DPS for lane;

Cho

Olaf

Sion

Full tanks;

Singed

Cho

Galio

Good junglers

Amumu

Nocturne

Udyr

Cho

Trundle

This is not to say other champions are not very good, these are just the ones who seem to stand out in my eyes.

They are all strong at every point in the game if you use their kits correctly, leading to a strong comp which is weak at no point in time.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:55pm | Report
By your definition Shrillex...You're looking for any champ save for an AP Shaco......
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:57pm | Report
What I think are top picks...

Lee Sin - Your everyday xaolin ninja

Irelia - Your jack of all trades; she can initiate, soak, cc, snowball, carry, burst, dps, everything when used properly.

Caitlyn - Subject to nerfs

Morgana - Still viewed as a pretty ridiculous champion just because she can multi-slow/stun.

Other potential choices:

Graves - Subject to nerfs later
Rammus - Recent buffs were very nice, very good against teams are built around an MVP (like Twisted Fate, or non-'double AP' comps)
Taric - Tanky Support is a solid purchase
Fiddlesticks - Top class debuff mage / jungler
Urgot - Hard counters traditional ranged AD - your best back-up niche pick if you're the carry-player and the enemy's got the best normal ranged-carry.
Karthus - The deathsinger is good against everyone - Death Defied too good
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 4:58pm | Report
Ranged AD Carry: Ashe, Caitlyn, Vayne
Melee AD: Nasus, Garen
Tank: Amumu, Galio
Support: Taric, Alistar, Soraka
Caster: Annie, Morgana, Cho'Gath
Jungler: Warwick, Lee Sin
For teh lulz: Surprise Party Fiddlesticks
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 5:02pm | Report
3 for each roles, possibly the most versatile

Ranged AD: Caitlyn(damage), Ashe(initiation), Kog'Maw (tank eraser)
Jungle: Udyr(ganking), Warwick(initiation), Amumu (initiation-tank)
Solo Top: Singed (team disruption and initiation), Irelia (burst), Nasus (farmer Pusher)
AP carry: Morgana (utility-initiation), Brand (damage), Malzahar (anti tank-pusher)
Support: Janna (utility), Alistar (initiation), Taric (stun-tankyness)

Obviusly there are other possibilities, but these 15 grant you to always have 1 champ available for any role.
My suggestion is to give emphasis to the champs I labeled as initiation, as a team with no initiation (expecially in solo Q) can't pick it's own teamfights.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 5:02pm | Report
MrNicholas wrote:

Here are some champions that I find become an incredible asset to any team if you know what you're doing.

Swain. (amazing snare if you can land it, and a crazy slow that most people are too stupid to get out of range of)
Karma. (the only support with a shield and a heal both on a low cooldown)
Irelia. (if farmed properly she can tank, she can carry, or she could do both at the same time)
This one is kind of iffy, but Cassiopeia. (I've been playing her a lot lately, and from my experience she seems to be able to carry the team early game, then turn into a kind of support caster late game. With a Rylai's combined with her Petrifying Gaze and Miasma she can pump out TONS of cc if you can land your skills)
Singed. (can take on whole teams by himself if farmed up/fed enough)
Ashe. (only thing making her viable is her utility, but her ultimate can win games)
Lux. (I've probably played about 600+ games with this lady of light, and I can personally say she can carry/support her entire team if played right)
I want to say Akali, but she's just shut down so easily if people buy oracles/get resistances. Most of these champions you have to be really good at landing skill shots, and if you can you'll destroy. Anyway those are just some of my recommendations!

whats funny is about half of those champs are relatively useless in the competitive scene
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide