Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need help chosing new champ

Creator: Douche February 27, 2011 6:41am
1 2
Douche
<Member>
Douche's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 6:41am | Report
Hello guys and girls, just want to say that I'm Swedish so my english isn't the best.

And now to my problem:

I started play lol for a around a week ago with my friends.We're on a weeklong holiday so the only thing we've been doing has been playing lol. We've taken advantage of the "10 win ip-boost" so I/we have earned 6300 ip yesterday.

We had figured out what champs we should pick when we reached 6300 ip, so my friends picked Swain, Miss Fortune, Caitlyn and Blitzcrank. I picked Anivia - big mistake. Since I'm not THAT good att lol yet I'm having a real hard time playing Anivia, she is like hard/expert-mode if you know what I'm saying.

So now I'm willing to buy a new character with rp-points so I can keep up with my friends, but I'm looking for a champ that's more easy to play and lvl up with as a beginner, but still is a pretty good one.

I'd prefer if the champ has a price of 6300 ip since it takes twice as long time earing 6300 ip as for a champ with the price of 3150 ip.

I hope you are still with me

So the champs I've been thinking about buying are:

Malzahar - seems to be pretty easy, pretty annoying to play against imo.

Kennen - I like to play midgets in all kind of games, looks pretty awesome but I've never played against Kennen so I don't now much about this one.

Vladimir - Just seems to be awesome, really annoying to play against. Good solo?

Renekton - Pretty mutch like Yi?

Maokai - Dunno, just seems to be good. The only tank I've been loking at.

This are the ones I've been "scouting" a little bit. Now I'd like you guys to help me choose, if u have another champ that you think would suit me better - just tell me.

You maybe want to know that I'm currently level 13, and I've only played ranged champs in lol so far.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 6:51am | Report
Why do you want 6300 IP champ? They aren't better from cheaper ones, look for example Ashe, her price is 450 IP and she's top tier (similiar to Sivir- but Sivir has just been nerfed in patch)

It looks to me that you misunderstood something, price of champions indicates only their way of playing (the higher price is, more they are different from others)

So, better save IP for champions you really like than buy some 6300 IP that you wouldn't like, i suggest you buy Ashe (you mentioned that you have only played ranged carries so far) and get free tristana (you need to become fan of league of legends on facebook).
And if you want 6300 IP champs so hard get Miss Fortune/Caitlyn...
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 6:59am | Report
in comparison to malzahar, renekton, kennen and maokai, anivia is easymode.

I'm going to assume you arrange with your friends most of the time.

Since your friends have 2 ranged DPS carries (Caitlyn, Miss Fortune) one off-tank melee DPS (Blitzcrank) and one off-tank AP Caster (Swain), you should ideally be looking at either a full tank or a hard AP burst.

So for those choices, as a tank, Rammus and Malphite, both fairly easy to play with a good skillcap, are 3150 IP / 975 RP. They fit into almost any team composition and they do good amount of damage when building tank items.

For AP Burst, Vladimir, since you've been looking at him.

But since you have Anivia, who is one of the strongest AP casters in the game (extremely high base damage), it would be better to just really practice her instead of buying another, and you can buy malphite or rammus.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 7:36am | Report
This whole endeavor is quite silly I'm afraid, why does it have to be a 6300 IP champion?

Alright, but firstly; my opinions are entirely subjective and based on experiences. Secondly; my best advise to you is simply to pick the one with the most appeal. On a last notice; could you tell us what kind of player you are? Aggressive, defensive? Loose, tight? And of course what champions you enjoy playing the most.

Quoted:
Malzahar - seems to be pretty easy, pretty annoying to play against imo.
Recommendation: **
He might seem interesting, fun to play, and may have great potential but you're missing the greater picture here. His contribution to the team is lacking compared to other similar champions like Annie and Veigar, besides he doesn't have that much utility.

Quoted:
Kennen - I like to play midgets in all kind of games, looks pretty awesome but I've never played against Kennen so I don't now much about this one.
Recommendation: ****
Like Anivia, he tends to be difficult to play at first. Simply put; Harassing is key, and with the utility and burst damage he possesses you could really have a great time with him. Then again he might not be your type of champion, as that's the dilemma I have with him.

Quoted:
Vladimir - Just seems to be awesome, really annoying to play against. Good solo?
Recommendation: *****
Out of these champions I recommend Vladimir the most, he is best utilized with Rabadon's Deathcap and minor survivability investments. Although at best he usually just gets annoying, he just can't seem to win the game by himself. I guess the only issue is his lack of CC.

Quoted:
Renekton - Pretty much* like Yi?
Recommendation: ***
The new power system tend to be tedious at times, but the rampage and havoc he can put up with is worth it. The edgy part of him however, is the fact that he either fails miserably or, excuse the expression, becomes imba as ****. If you want to play him you must be prepared to have a high success rate with carries, that's all there is to it.

Quoted:
Maokai - Dunno, just seems to be good. The only tank I've been looking* at.
Recommendation: **
You'll most likely regret it, his defensive capabilities was intriguing at first but in the end it didn't make much of a difference. The problem with Maokai is that he is too reliant on his team, his spells are cheap and he's a total crybaby that's better left out in the woods. Maybe someone will own with him, but in comparison to what? The dedication here my friend, is better put elsewhere.
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 7:50am | Report
@Alahric

I have to disagree with what you said about Malzahar. Malzahar can bring a lot to a team for example Enemy team is stacking health, Null Zone + Nether Grasp = Auto Death. That Null Zone placed correctly can tear apart the enemy team in team fights not to mention he has the ability to suppress and basically aoe silence.

@Douche

Why did your name have to be that lol anyways. If you absolutely need to have a 6300 and want to keep up with your friends here is my recommendation Vladimir or Malzahar, both can do a lot for your team.
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
SatansFate
<Member>
SatansFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 7:59am | Report
Really, don't bother buying a champ with RP unless you've tried them.
And if you're finding Anivia hard, then you're really going to have trouble with Renekton, or Maokai.
Generally, the more expensive a champion, the harder - not just stronger. (Although some are. *cough*Irelia*cough*)
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 8:14am | Report
SinDelta wrote:

@Alahric I have to disagree with what you said about Malzahar. Malzahar can bring a lot to a team for example Enemy team is stacking health, Null Zone + Nether Grasp = Auto Death. That Null Zone placed correctly can tear apart the enemy team in team fights not to mention he has the ability to suppress and basically aoe silence.
You misread that, I never said he was a bad champion. I simply implemented that if he does get fed you would still do better with other similar champions.
PS: Utility in this context was referring to survival mechanics.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 8:21am | Report
For those who ask, I think the OP wants to get the most out of her RP by buying a 6300 champ. Most of the 3150 IP champions cost the same RP as the 6300 champs, so why even bother?

In my opinion:

Malzahar: From what I've seen he can be a pretty strong AP nuke, if you know how to play him well. His single-target suppress can be a great anti-carry tool.

Kennen: He used to be god-status, but with recent nerfs he takes much more skill to play. It took me a LONG time to learn kennen well (and I know kennen welll), but once you learn to play kennen it's a very rewarding experience. He can really do some damage, especially AoE, and he's got a great poke.

Vladimir: He's pretty much considered easy mode. I'm not so sure after the recent patch, but he's got unstoppable lanestay ability and a great escape mechanism. His AP nuke ability is greeat, especially since building pure AP gives him lots of health too.

Renekton: Nothing like Yi, he builds really bulky and relies on itemless damage. He is first and foremost an early game champion, which means you need to shut down the enemy and get fed if you want to have viability late game. He is a strong laner, but as jet said, you'll be filling a role that's already been filled with your friends.

Maokai: I wouldn't recommend maokai, only because I haven't seen him enough. I've seen about 2 maokais do well and 2 maokais do poorly.

That's my opinion of the champions you wanted, but I suggest you practice with anivia. I reguarly queue with 2 amazing anivia players, and most of the time they say "hey, I wanna win a game. I'm going to play anivia." She does have a high skill cap, but once you get some of her skills down to pat you'll be unstoppable. Be sure to grab golem buff consistently too.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 9:05am | Report
Go Vlad, he isn't that hard to play and is still quite good even with the recent nerfs.

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2011 9:38am | Report
Of the five you listed, Kennen and Vlad are the most viable. I, along with many others, highly recommend Anivia, as she is, as Trojan said, nigh unstoppable in the hands of a good player.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide