Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Black Cleaver and Randuin's Omen

Creator: NicknameMy April 9, 2015 12:53pm
1 2 3 4 5
Are these changes good?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2015 4:20am | Report
MungoGeri wrote:
It seems like the Randuin's Omen change is designed to help fighter/bruiser types. When I read the changes, I kept thinking of Rek'Sai. It gives him some survivability while slowing enemies so they won't get away and some extra attack speed to help him burst enemies down. I won't miss Randuin's Omen on my tanks, because it wasn't in my tank builds to begin with. It's nice that Riot is giving melee players who dive a good item - Rek'Sai, Jarvan IV, Vi, Lee Sin, Wukong and the like should be very happy.

The point was that they do not need it. All those champions have a really strong window of early game dominance opportunities and new Randuin will only increase it
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2015 11:26am | Report
Did anyone note that Black Cleaver phage procs on physical damage rather than auto attacks only? Garen with his movement speed boost while spinning :D.

Quoted:
http://www.reddit.com/r/LeagueofLegendsMeta/comments/321322/the_new_black_cleaver_on_pbe_thoughts/cqd07ad
For my part, I tested the combination of Stalker's Blade - Cinderhulk and then this item on top lane Garen, it works out wonders. Cinderhulk is a great first item as it greatly increases your damage and your tankyness, same goes for The Black Cleaver afterwards. Your midgame fight control with that combo is just insane and due to the high penetration, even your lategame carries are usefull at this stage of the game. Afterwards I fill up the build with the new Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage and Warmog's Armor and get unbelievable tanky. I even max W second just to be longer immortal.
Of course, you can swap out Spirit Visage for Maw of Malmortius or Warmog's Armor for either a Last Whisper or Infinity Edge if you need more damage, but Garens role is in first line to soft the tanks so your carry can destroy them while you can't be destroyed by their carries and take their fire.
Comparing the old Cleaver to the new one, it is definitly stronger in this aspect. First, the cleaver has more armor reduction, second you are more tanky and third you can stay close to anyone as the movement speed procs on your spin. And if something dies you could quickly turn your attention onto the carries and be a big threat to them as well. You could also easily go deep with the chilling smite.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2015 6:22am | Report
Embracing wrote:
Varus's and Garen's issues aren't in item builds

:o

Dat feeling now tho

We already saw how efficient the actual Black Cleaver is in shredding tanks, they just melted on Varus damage and penetration. Think now about the New Black Cleaver on many off tanks shredding through all kinds of tanks, killing them. This could definitly change the meta again.
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2015 5:51pm | Report
Both seem a little unnecessary to me, but I like them both.

Someone already mentioned but,

Hammer + Crystal = Axe
gg rito, logic on fleek.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide