Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

NEW QUEING SYSTEM HAS HIT PBE

Creator: Thatdudeinthecotton October 15, 2013 3:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 7:45am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Which is 99% likely. If Riot weren't planning on using it for their queues, they wouldn't have put it in at all.

Planning to do something and succesfully doing something are 2 different things :P

Though I agree that it is likely that it will happen anyway, which I myself don't mind :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 8:38am | Report
BUT WAIT

If every "<role> or feed" player uses this queue... won't other queues only have non-toxic team players in them?
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 8:43am | Report
Satella wrote:

BUT WAIT

If every "<role> or feed" player uses this queue... won't other queues only have non-toxic team players in them?

"Such a utopian idea could never come to fruition"
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 8:52am | Report
Not that'll sort out the "role or feed" plyyers in any way,

but how the heck do you get to the conclusion that only those make up the toxic players??
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 8:56am | Report
I've read a lot of the news on this new queue and not once has it been confirmed by a rioter that they plan to replace **** with this new ****. And it honestly makes no sense to do so, since this queue has the potential to have the longest freaking queue time ever.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 4:29pm | Report
on the surrender@20 post about this there was a red post saying it might eventually replace every queue if it turns out to be good lol

also krama jangl is still legit guys
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 8:54pm | Report
luizdeh wrote:
I've read a lot of the news on this new queue and not once has it been confirmed by a rioter that they plan to replace **** with this new ****. And it honestly makes no sense to do so, since this queue has the potential to have the longest freaking queue time ever.

Longer queue times are going to be a part of this but if it results in better team comps then I am willing to wait an extra minute or two, any longer then seven or ten extra minutes and QQ I want the old one back.

DillButt64 wrote:

on the surrender@20 post about this there was a red post saying it might eventually replace every queue if it turns out to be good lol

also krama jangl is still legit guys

The way this thread is going and everywhere else shows that people are either 100% for it or 100% against it. I'm starting to think that I'm the only that's indifferent about it

Jungle Karma OP sometimes :P
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 4:54pm | Report
This system will work until idiots start doing the typical "I said I was going mid...but Now I want to go Jungle" and then it will all go belly up
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2013 10:41am | Report

Right now you aren't obligated to learn other roles anyway. In ranked people just want to win, and it's not someones fault for maining a specific role. Besides, being good at the game has nothing to do with being good at every single role. Being forced into playing a role you don't want to play and/or aren't good at it isn't helpful or fun to anyone. However, sometimes you have 4 teammates who, just like you, main jungle and then you have a problem.

Additionally, this game isn't about creativity, it's about competetivity. Good for you that you think that Bruiser Jungle Taric is amazing and incredibly creative but no one cares. Most people who think they can "break the meta" don't know what the word meta means and come up with an idea that either simply isn't viable or is just weaker than the alternatives. Also, brand new **** isn't invented by some guy who tries something out in a random ranked game. New stuff is put on the map by competetive teams who have an idea and use it over and over again.

Stop being angry about the fact that you can't do crazy **** anymore. If you wanna be creative, play minecraft or simcity. If you wanna be competitive, play a game.

Ok, here are my points though. Granted that happens, and it sucks. I agree, since I main Mid, and then someone else does too and we have to argue and bicker over it. And yes you dont need to be good at every single role to be good at a game, however you should understand all the other roles to a certain point. With this system, no one will have to branch out to other roles unless they want to. Making them completely ignorant of something that might technically "break the meta" for example when faker went mid riven. Is it orthodox? no. Is it something that would happen in every game? no. Meta means standard in most peoples books, so if for example someone pro decides to use AD bruisers mid lane that have strong burst damage all of a sudden... mid laners dont know how to counter it because they never learned about them, they have to adjust to it. But really... How many players bellow a certain level will understand how/will adjust? they might keep on doing the same thing they always do and then lose.
My point is this, creativity can "Break the meta" it can result in unorthodox plays that players will be unused to because of this system. Why? because they never worried about learning those champs since they always get the spot they want because of this system. Also, competitive doesn't mean you cant be creative? In many sports many popular things have been done because people just want to do it? The hook shot in basketball, the crazy shots with football(Soccer), and etc.
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide