Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

NEW QUEING SYSTEM HAS HIT PBE

Creator: Thatdudeinthecotton October 15, 2013 3:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 7:22pm | Report

Not that I will be going ADC Ahri or anything but I don't like the idea of having a forced Meta.

Be honest, how many of the last 50 games you won had a non-meta lane layout?
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 7:49pm | Report
Satella wrote:

I assume this doesn't count simple lane swaps. Otherwise my mid-lane Renekton might possibly qualify.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:57pm | Report
Satella wrote:

not many but I do rock Nidalee or Poppy support in pre made :P
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:59pm | Report
Okay, but you still have top, mid, jungle, ADC, and support. I don't see how this is a problem since you're not exactly going to have anything other than those 5 roles in a serious game.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 5:59am | Report
People are completely missing the point.

You can queue for whatever role you like, with whatever champion you like. ADC Soraka? Go for it. As long as there are people willing to accept it, you will be able to play it. And there are like, how many players now across the servers, like 1.2 billion? Someone will want to play with you, even if it's just a 'not giving a ****' type.

Metaheads will obviously queue up expecting matches with metaheads and they will play with metaheads. Anyone else just has to be willing to try something different.

That being said, I'll be using it only to test weird ****. I dunno, maybe it wil replace blind pick normals for me.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 8:02am | Report

I see it just breeding more Meta Nazi's into the system

yup, this will likely be the outcome given the League community
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Z3r0Fear
<Member>
Z3r0Fear's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 8:57pm | Report
I hope this is the end of teemo appearing in games because it will be very nice to not see him anymore.
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 9:02pm | Report
I actually really HATE THIS SYSTEM... For 3 reasons, 1. This does not teach you how to play other roles that would be vital for your play. For example, I learned alot from being ADC, and how to CS properly in the mid lane. 2. This will just make more meta trolls like moon said... DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW THE CURRENT META WAS MADE? IT WAS MADE FROM FREAKING EXPERIMENTING... This will NOT allow for creativity to show. 3. WHAT IF I DONT WANNA PLAY WHAT I PICKED HUH? MAYBE I LIKE DOING DIFFERENT THINGS :< Honestly i hate this...
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 10:03pm | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

I actually really HATE THIS SYSTEM... For 3 reasons, 1. This does not teach you how to play other roles that would be vital for your play. For example, I learned alot from being ADC, and how to CS properly in the mid lane. 2. This will just make more meta trolls like moon said... DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW THE CURRENT META WAS MADE? IT WAS MADE FROM FREAKING EXPERIMENTING... This will NOT allow for creativity to show. 3. WHAT IF I DONT WANNA PLAY WHAT I PICKED HUH? MAYBE I LIKE DOING DIFFERENT THINGS :< Honestly i hate this...

Right now you aren't obligated to learn other roles anyway. In ranked people just want to win, and it's not someones fault for maining a specific role. Besides, being good at the game has nothing to do with being good at every single role. Being forced into playing a role you don't want to play and/or aren't good at it isn't helpful or fun to anyone. However, sometimes you have 4 teammates who, just like you, main jungle and then you have a problem.

Additionally, this game isn't about creativity, it's about competetivity. Good for you that you think that Bruiser Jungle Taric is amazing and incredibly creative but no one cares. Most people who think they can "break the meta" don't know what the word meta means and come up with an idea that either simply isn't viable or is just weaker than the alternatives. Also, brand new **** isn't invented by some guy who tries something out in a random ranked game. New stuff is put on the map by competetive teams who have an idea and use it over and over again.

Stop being angry about the fact that you can't do crazy **** anymore. If you wanna be creative, play minecraft or simcity. If you wanna be competitive, play a game.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 12:24am | Report
Satella wrote:

Seems strange that they would omit the champion select aspect of the queue... oh well.

It's literally no different in blind pick, it's just that you don't have the time constraint on your picks. If they bring this system to draft then they'd have to leave out the champion selection, obviously, but we're not at that stage yet.

Arcana3 wrote:

1. Actually, I'm looking forward to this queue because it will allow me to learn other roles. Right now if I want to practice top or mid or something, I have to get 5 people to queue with me to ensure I get the role I'm trying to work on in normals. With this system, I can practice mid pantheon if that's what I want to practice and I'll have a team of 4 people who weren't forced out of mid.

2. I don't see how this makes more meta trolls/nazis/whathaveyou. Do you go into ranked games and see people going duo AP mid commonly? No, because they get yelled at for doing something stupid in a solo queue environment. If you want to experiment with a new strategy that depends on your team, do it in a premade. If by meta, you actually mean uncommon picks, there's nothing stopping you from playing karma jungle in this system. Also, as GMD said, the meta isn't made by a bunch of average players trying out random ****, it's made by professionals whose job it is to research this stuff and find the best strategies. You aren't going to impact the meta unless you are at least noticed by a professional player or analyst.

3. I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make. This makes just about as much sense as "what if I picked kayle and then didn't want to play kayle???". If you queue up for adc, you're going to play adc. I fail to see how there is any drawback to this. Also if you like doing different things, the new system will have different MMR values for your different roles, so if you're new to jungle and main ADC, you won't have a super hard time at the beginning when you're not very experienced in your role.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide