Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New servers how have they affected you?

Creator: Cooper112 August 25, 2015 2:15pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2015 4:40pm | Report
No, now the East Coast is 8-40 and the West Coast has mostly become 100+

Riot Games ****ed up big time.

im on the east coast and i just said in the post above you that im only getting 60+ ping from the change

chill out
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2015 6:00pm | Report
I'm the most ***hurt about this. Since I live in the bottom west of the US, my ping went from 28 every game to 110ms every game.

It makes LoL not fun at all. In fact, this server move made me more resolute in sticking with DoTA 2 full time (well.... when I get game time) since they have multiple servers for people to play on to avoid ping issues.

If it weren't for Tahm Kench, I wouldn't have any heart ache. WHY THE **** DID THEY RELEASE TAHM BEFORE THIS ****ING **** HAPPENED!? ****!
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2015 6:11pm | Report
All the more reason the NA servers need to be set up like the China servers, or the EU servers.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2015 6:47pm | Report
All the more reason the NA servers need to be set up like the China servers, or the EU servers.

100% agreed, but it won't happen.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2015 6:53pm | Report
Unfortunately, because the only reason China has such good servers is because Tencent owns them. :/
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2015 7:58pm | Report
they could look at World Of Tanks for inspiration too. They run 2 servers for the entirety of NA and you can play on either of them if you want. For ranked and soloqueue norms I imagine you would be on the server closest to you for the lowers ping, although if you really want to play on the other you can. For party's it would be whatever server the leader of the party is on.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2015 9:54pm | Report
Sounds like World of Warcraft's battle groups if anything, but yeah. That.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2015 8:52am | Report
Most of west coast is around 60~80 unless you're located more south or if you have AT&T / verizon as your ISP who riot are currently trying to work with to fix ping issues.

and tencent is a **** company in terms of caring about the community lmao. they are good at monetizing games but they are infamous for not giving any ****s about people with issues. not sure that's what you want in a country that cares the most about equality and rights.

they also have a ****ton of money from the hundreds of other games they own along with their ownership of the largest instant messaging client in the country, which helps them create a billion servers. pretty damn sure comparing that to a startup like riot games is just silly.

if you want clarity on the issue go ask riot games and hope for a legit response / try to find a solution. if you absolutely despise the change, then just quit the game. just my 2c.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2015 1:52pm | Report
Well, in China most players play with a ping of around 1-20. I wouldn't mind giving up some customer service for that kind of connection rate. I really don't care for the customers service if the product is unplayable. Because, all the good customer service in the world isn't gonna make it playable.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2015 6:31pm | Report
Found this and thought it was funny #EnjoyingMyEastCoastPing
Sig by jhoijhoi
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide