Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Tear/AA Staff!!

Creator: Acid Reigns November 8, 2012 8:32pm
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 3:25am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

So now I am at work and can reply without getting a hernia(sic?).

Now I am a low elo noob and my opinions are mine alone. But I found a fully loaded AA staff worth it on Singed even before the remake, his problem was he couldn't charge it. With RoA, AA (SE) Singed will have around 2800 mana with both items fully loaded. This means not only will he have 84 ap from mana alone, he will have 144 ap from AA Staff alone. 80 from RoA and another 80 from Rylais. So around 300 ap from those three items, that gives him all the stats he needs while stile being kinda beefy.

If you go for an early Catalyst, then build tear after (or the other way around if you can't afford the catalyst first time back and new tear is cheap as hell)you get the early tankiness and still can use EVERY singel part of the items. That mana regen on tear is useful until like 1.2k mana total or something.

If you want to go supertanky I'd go Mercs or Tabi, AA(SE), RoA, Rylais, Randuins and Banshee's. If you do want to go more ***** for them to run in your trail, exchange Randuins and Banshee's for Zhonyas and Abyssal. Another 170 ap with more resistances.

But in general,I feel like most if not all parts of AA(SE) are useful for Singed now that you can actually charge it.

No doubt that the stats are useful but I don't think it's worth buying the item. Not only is solely stacking health (i.e. not building resistances) a bad idea; you aren't really putting all that mana to good use (apart maybe from that new active) so you really are wasting gold. I can see that the item would work on Singed but I doubt it's better than any other item you'd currently build on singed.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 3:57am | Report
oh god

imagine blitzcrank, with new archangels, barrier, and maw of malmortius. and a manamune.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 4:09am | Report
Y'know, I think it's probably a bad idea to argue with GMD about viability, it's very likely you are in the wrong. :P

However, one major point about whether or not this new item could be worth it for Singed is that we have no idea how much gold this thing costs. I'm willing to bet it's cheaper than the old AA staff, Tear is cheaper than before, and technically Staff gives less possible stats than before, unless the factor the AA > SE change into the price. o:

I'll definitely try building it on him though, one reason is because of his passive, but the main one, is because it just so happens that the usual core items for him (RoA and FH) also give large amounts of mana, and both passives of SE give him more of a use for all of it.

Personally, the shield is ok imo, but it won't be optimal, because with his ult, Singed has so much resists, that it'll be hard for someone to burn through that big of a shield in just 2.5 secs, unless you're being focused, or you time it really well to block a volley of AoE (for example ap mumu ult, into malphite ult into ori ult into ez ult, or something like that) but that doesn't happen all the time.

The 250 health is actually more than it seems though, because of the reason I just said, Singed has massive resists.

The main reason I would get it on him, is because of the massive ap boost it'll give him. 67 ap just from the passive with RoA FH and SE, not factoring in his actual base mana. I like a lot of ap on Singed, and often even build a hat if I'm doing well, so this will compliment my play style well. :)

However, I don't know where I'm gonna fit it in, as rushing RoA asap is usually pretty important, and early game will be even harder..

Anyway, I'm not saying it'll be good on him, I'm simply saying it COULD be good on him, and it'll very likely fit right into my play style even if it's not good on him.

I DO however think this item will be OP on Karthus, and Anivia.. o:
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 4:11am | Report
@Cauch with Lulu, Lux, Janna, and Lee Sin on his team. ;)

IDGAF ABOUT TEAM COMP YO! :P
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 4:11am | Report
OMG I am going to spam Anivia just for this item ;o
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 4:42am | Report

Y'know, I think it's probably a bad idea to argue with GMD about viability, it's very likely you are in the wrong. :P

However, one major point about whether or not this new item could be worth it for Singed is that we have no idea how much gold this thing costs. I'm willing to bet it's cheaper than the old AA staff, Tear is cheaper than before, and technically Staff gives less possible stats than before, unless the factor the AA > SE change into the price. o:

I'll definitely try building it on him though, one reason is because of his passive, but the main one, is because it just so happens that the usual core items for him (RoA and FH) also give large amounts of mana, and both passives of SE give him more of a use for all of it.

Personally, the shield is ok imo, but it won't be optimal, because with his ult, Singed has so much resists, that it'll be hard for someone to burn through that big of a shield in just 2.5 secs, unless you're being focused, or you time it really well to block a volley of AoE (for example ap mumu ult, into malphite ult into ori ult into ez ult, or something like that) but that doesn't happen all the time.

The 250 health is actually more than it seems though, because of the reason I just said, Singed has massive resists.

The main reason I would get it on him, is because of the massive ap boost it'll give him. 67 ap just from the passive with RoA FH and SE, not factoring in his actual base mana. I like a lot of ap on Singed, and often even build a hat if I'm doing well, so this will compliment my play style well. :)

However, I don't know where I'm gonna fit it in, as rushing RoA asap is usually pretty important, and early game will be even harder..

Anyway, I'm not saying it'll be good on him, I'm simply saying it COULD be good on him, and it'll very likely fit right into my play style even if it's not good on him.

I DO however think this item will be OP on Karthus, and Anivia.. o:

I'd certainly test it; atm I just think it's not gonna be worth it - other items seem better. Also, definitely gonna test it on Swain.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 5:18am | Report
Can't see why it should be a bad item on Singed.

Imo F.Heart is a must-buy anyway, get an early Tear and upgrade it into the new stuff as your 4./5. item.
You'll have enough Mana and Res to back up that shield and with around 2.500 max Mana you'll have ~600 extra HP.

Not bad imo.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 5:35am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Can't see why it should be a bad item on Singed.

Imo F.Heart is a must-buy anyway, get an early Tear and upgrade it into the new stuff as your 4./5. item.
You'll have enough Mana and Res to back up that shield and with around 2.500 max Mana you'll have ~600 extra HP.

Not bad imo.

Can't be bothered to say it a 4th time; read my previous comments in case you can be bothered.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 5:53am | Report
Never EVER GET ARCHANGELS OR ATTEMPT TO ON A BRUISER MAGE JSUT BECAUSE IT LOOKS NICE WITH A COMPLETED ITEM.

100% not going to be good on swain.

Item investments that force people to wait are horrible.

Think about it. Why do people not rush Archangels?
Because it takes too long to come to effect.

This goes especially for top lane, where a simple 700 gold can make or break a lane.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 5:55am | Report
Quoted:
OK confusion. So after I do this I can get ANOTHER tear o the godess, ill it up, and get that boost aswell?
You'll be able to fill up another Tears of the Goddess after AAA transforms - but since the AAA passive is now Unique, stacking them won't be as good.

Theoretically, you could do an really inefficient late game build with AAA / Manamune and a Tears and be able to fully charge tears 3 times - but at a certain point, buying Rod of Ages or Frozen Heart might be better for this case.

Quoted:
So in all theory, it is POSSIBLE to have 2 fully stacked Seraph's Embraces, both providing +1000 mana? Obviously not optimal, just theorycrafting here.
Yes. Probably a better path to get a Manamune as the second item if you're going to get *two* tears.

WHAT? RYZE OP AS ****!!!!

Also:

Quoted:
Minor spoiler: Blade of the Ruined King and Wicked Hatchet are actually Season 3 items.
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide